Any advice on which tablet to buy?

pin pin

Jun 5, 2012
Hi guys, I wanted to pick up a tablet to play TPA on. I'm a first-time android purchaser and I'm leaning towards the Novo 7 Aurora. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
If you want a bit more budget tablet my ARCHOS 80 G9 can be bought for around £170 to £199 in the UK, it has 8 inch screen, and running ICS, make sure that you are sold the newer dual core version. there could be better and cheaper tabs out there but I can say TPA plays pretty smooth on this.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
It's not a true tablet but I have a Kindle Fire and like it a lot. TPA plays great on it and the battery life is fantastic.

Tabe

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
Yeah, it plays great on my Transformer Prime... I'm really hoping that the game can eventually be made to take advantage of more powerful tablets like this. Improved resolution, lighting, and ball reflections would make me happy.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Yeah, it plays great on my Transformer Prime... I'm really hoping that the game can eventually be made to take advantage of more powerful tablets like this. Improved resolution, lighting, and ball reflections would make me happy.

Absolutely! HD version would be awesome. Or the absolute ultimate would be THD certified. But that would limit the devices the HD versions would run on.

I just got the TF300T and it totally changes the gameplay of TPA for me. The level of detail on the 720p screen is truly astounding, (including the hexagonal stand-up targets :p ).

The built-in speaker in this tablet is very impressive. I get pretty rich bass for a tablet using the single external speaker. Angle it down toward a flat, hard surface, and the sound reflection effect is pretty awesome.

The larger display allows you to play it in Portrait mode, which then lets you view the table in a much more natural way (on CV, it is like you are standing over the table in the arcade). My eyes thank me for it.

I got the TF300T for the Tegra 3 chipset, because my primary use was for gaming. In particular, TPA. ;) My poor SGS2 has a much better battery life now ;)

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
Hmmm, no new ipad owners here? Cause i am gonne buy that one, and i had the impression the ipad version is fantastic on the new one.

It is though? I hope so.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Hmmm, no new ipad owners here? Cause i am gonne buy that one, and i had the impression the ipad version is fantastic on the new one.

It is though? I hope so.
The iPad 3 is an iOS device. This is the Android forum. Hence, not much talk of iPads here. :) (TPA does look beautiful on an iPad 3, however.)

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I can whole heartedly NOT recommend the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. I don't know about their Tab 2 line but I would not buy this tablet again if I was purchasing now. The screen looks great but it has lots of keyboard issues and some other quirks. I've not been pleased with Samsung's support and probably won't buy another Samsung product again. I've gotten used to it so I probably won't replace this tablet until the tablet market cools down and levels off a bit. But I would recommend not getting a Samsung tablet.

Supermans

Jun 19, 2012

It is though? I hope so.

I own a new Ipad. I can say this game runs great, however with post processing turned on, it runs choppy. I would love to see night time mode for all the tables. I know Farsight had to up the resolution for the new Ipad which looks sharp, however in orde to add more effects like night mode and make it more realistic, I think having the option to lower the resolution in order to fully utilize the new ipads power would be an excellent compromise. You could literally have two options and most members here would agree that full on lighting effects would be possible on the new ipad if the resolution is lowered. I'm all for that as you know and if there was a vote, I think most would be supportive as well.

TC2210

Feb 29, 2012
Hi there does anyone know if the pinball arcade will run on tablets containing a Single core processor smootly or if performace issues would occur? I'm considering purchasing a tablet with the following specs:

Number of Processors: 1
Android Honeycomb Operating System (Upgradeable to 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich)
NVIDIA Tegra2 Processor; 9.4-inch Display

Also the model number is as follows:Sony SGPT111US/S Wi-Fi Tablet (16GB)

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
its difficult to tell, as I have said before not all hardware is created equally since the manufacturers write the drivers themselves. Tablets are hard too since because of all the pixels they have to write out. That being said if it has a tegra 2 chances are that it will indeed run.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

For the price, that tablet is an *absolute* winner. Tegra 3 chipset, and under $200. I paid $480 (australian) for my TF300T. Sure, the TF300T has 3.1 inches more screen real estate, but the processor is the same. And the Nexus 7 has NFC. If I was entering the market now, I would hang out for the Nexus 7.

Considering google partnered with ASUS for that tablet, here's hoping that the other ASUS tablets will be some of the first to receive Jelly Bean.

ASUS are very forthcoming with updates for their devices. Since owning my tablet (less than a month at time of posting) I've received two cumulative updates to the firmware. That has not happened on *any* other device I've owned. I'm actually hesitant to put the superuser binary on my tablet because I don't want to stop receiving the regular updates ASUS releases.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.