TPA mac/Steam - Season 3 gone and lost all saved data

Michel Deschenes

Apr 8, 2014
Was there a major update?

1. I lost access to season 3 it seems and only see 1 table for Season 3?
2. LOST all saved data, however I was fortunate that I did a backup/restore saved data from game menu previous week.

Where are the release notes for Steam/Mac version of TPA?

Look forward to playing season 3 soon and have cab support will be kick ass and please support X-Arcade USB controllers :).

Cheers
MD

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
Exact same symptoms that I had. The only season 3 table that showed up for me was Fishtales. Were you using Steam Cloud to try to sync a save from a PC?

Michel Deschenes

Apr 8, 2014
I had to disable steam sync , kept getting sporadic startup because of the steam / sync thing. I'm mac osx... I read another thread they had to pull Season 3 out completely due to apple ... sad sad sad...

Michel Deschenes

Apr 8, 2014
Hi Guys, this seemed to happen once again with new update season 3 is gone! Please how can I fix this... I really want to try the new table Lights, Camera Action...

gypsyshred

Apr 12, 2012
Theres an open beta I've noticed in the properties section. It'll restore all the season 3 tables, but still no LCA.

Michel Deschenes

Apr 8, 2014
Well did what you suggested switch to "osx_default - test release" I see season 3 but no LCA. What is the ETA of this, every update completely removes season 3! Tried download all tables, and seems to loop over and over.

Last edited:

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
When setting builds live on Steam I have to set them to default. It's a bit odd, cause I have to set OSX to default then PC and it somehow merges them. It's not clear when it works. I wish it had an option to set both as default separately.

LCA should be coming soon with Mac Steam. I have to get the Mac developer to do a new build. He hasn't done a Steam Mac build before.

I suggest for now using osx_default if you can, it's supposed to be the same as the release build.

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
What does it mean, "set them to default"?

Could that be why playing new TPA releases on OSX first screws up the Steam Cloud save? I've had the OSX port fail to properly open my cloud save twice when I was playing the morning after a Friday release and then upload a new/empty save back to the cloud.

I got tired of losing all my progress and turned cloud saves off on my macbook.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Default means the build is the one that is released to the general public. When I go to the builds list it shows every build we've ever uploaded. I can set one build as default at one time. If i set a Mac build as default, then set a PC one as default, it's supposed to merge both and have new combined build. Most of the time it felt like trial and error till it worked.

As for your cloud question, I'm not that well versed on the cloud saves or on the Mac version in general so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
I'm missing my season 3 tables as well. Fishtales is the only S3 table showing up in my list. If I try to click on season 3 from the main menu, I get a dialog box telling me I already own all of the tables.

Steam cloud sync also seems to have been re-enabled on my macbook somehow. I hope trying to run TPA here didn't wipe out my PC progress for like the 4th time :mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts