Season 1 disc: Second printing released

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I noticed at Walmart, Target, and GameStop in my area, that Pinball Arcade season 1 is in stock brand new. If you're interested in owning a physical copy, now is your chance.

This is actually really positive news. This means that the first printing of the game sold well enough to constitute a second run.

Does anyone know the minimum amount of discs that a 3rd party can print for a PlayStation game?

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
How do you know that it sold out?

In my area, our Gamestops have additional copies in stock, but they're all used.
While a physical copy would be nice, I won't get one because (A)-It's rifled with bugs and (B)-It's not the PRO edition.

I still can't believe a game was released on disc with so many obvious bugs, as opposed to PHoF, which only had a few.
(HAREM multiball, anyone?)

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
In my area, our Gamestops have additional copies in stock, but they're all used.
While a physical copy would be nice, I won't get one because (A)-It's rifled with bugs and (B)-It's not the PRO edition.

I still can't believe a game was released on disc with so many obvious bugs, as opposed to PHoF, which only had a few.

I'm pretty sure it's the pro edition. If it's not then that's strange they'd charge 40$ for it.

How do you know that it sold out?

Because if it wasn't there wouldn't be a second printing.

It was out of stock in all these places not long after it came out.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012

The disc version has the same number of bugs as the digital version. The first patch fixed some issues. Future patches will fix more. If you want the pro tables all you have to do is buy the upgrade.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Are you guys sure the disc doesn't have the pro versions?

That's messed up if they're seriously charging 40$ for the non pro version, which is 30$ online.

Seriously Farsight *rollseyes*.

They are only going to sell the disc to people that see a disc version as value added. How much do you suppose they make on the disc version vs digital? Alliant has to get their share, then the retailers, then Sony gets a cut and there's the cost of making the disc, the cover and the amaray. For digital its just a cut for Sony. But I have no idea who gets how much. I know that the cover and amaray costs are negligible in large quantities.

I'm sure that the disc only has regular versions. I didn't have the pro versions on the disc version until I bought them via DLC.

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
They are only going to sell the disc to people that see a disc version as value added. How much do you suppose they make on the disc version vs digital? Alliant has to get their share, then the retailers, then Sony gets a cut and there's the cost of making the disc, the cover and the amaray. For digital its just a cut for Sony. But I have no idea who gets how much. I know that the cover and amaray costs are negligible in large quantities.

I'm sure that the disc only has regular versions. I didn't have the pro versions on the disc version until I bought them via DLC.

The cost to manufacture is pennies. The real savings of going digital is cutting out the retailer, and in Farsight's case, the publisher since they self publish digitally.

That said, it's pretty much unheard of on consoles to charge more for the boxed version than the digital one. However Farsight is in a different position than other companies, so I do understand that now that I think about it. 99% of companies out there are under a publisher on both retail and digital. It's not like Infinity Ward self-publishes the digital CoD and Activision handles the boxed copy. Sorry that just sort of slipped my mind until now.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Pretty sure the only reason FS even bothered with a hard copy version was at the behest of Sony. They wanted games on the shelf for the holiday and all the new PS4's that were sitting under the tree, so FarSight did them a solid.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts