The Addams Family - Progress Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
All newcomers to the Pinball Arcade Fans forum can post about The Addams Family Kickstarter planned by FarSight here.

Current:

• FarSight has talked to members at Paramount Pictures about recreating the table. At the moment they are getting higher and higher up the ladder.
• TAF is planned to be Kickstarted as soon as Paramount gives FarSight permission.

LeRoy3rd

May 18, 2013
I've never played TAF, but would gladly donate to a kickstarter campaign just to stop having to hear about it, lol.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
It´s the only "top tier" pinball I´ve ever played in real life, I found it completely by suprise during a summer vacation on Texel, netherlands in 2012.

Needless to say, I´ve got a significant amount of (relatively fresh) nostalgia for it, so I´m ready to throw my cash at the Kickstarter as soon as it happens. I´M READY.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Man, I had no idea we were that close. I thought it was still a pipe-dream.

That's amazing news!

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
This could be a huge boost for them. Twilight Zone and Star Trek sold 50,000 units or so, Addams Family could shatter that.

I love Addams but I'm most excited because it could mean more kickstarters after that. Simpsons, Family Guy, Lord of the Rings, Dr. Who, who knows!

That said Addams is one of my all-time favorites. We have a shoddy one here on location and even in the battered shape it's in it's fun to play.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Question is what will the target amount be for the Kickstarter????....surely it cant be twice as much as Twilight Zone?

WFurman

Apr 21, 2013
All newcomers to the Pinball Arcade Fans forum can post about The Addams Family Kickstarter planned by FarSight here.

Current:

• FarSight has talked to members at Paramount Pictures about recreating the table. At the moment they are getting higher and higher up the ladder.
• TAF is planned to be Kickstarted as soon as Paramount gives FarSight permission.

This is great news! Furthermore, it also means that we will be guaranteed at least one more season of The Pinball Arcade.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I thought the issue was with the estate of Raul Julia and not Paramount? Interesting.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
This is a very cool 'development'. Combined with the xbox360 events (and hopefully soon, update), this could give TPA a giant leap in popularity, clout, sales, and standing among gamers across the board.

Bold prediction: If/When the kickstarter for Addams starts, it'll take less than two weeks to be funded, and will have extra funding to fulfill a stretch goal.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Yeah, that's kinda what I was getting at. Getting the TAF license I'd think would be relatively simple (I mean, they got STTNG and TZ with seemingly little trouble, both from a Hollywood studio) compared to getting authorisation for the use of someone's specific likeness. Sounds like another kettle of fish altogether.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
The only reason I would support another Kickstarter is to get them to request Lord of the Rings. I know it's a huge license but that is my all time Favorite table. TAF is OK Much like Twilight Zone. It's a fan Favorite yet nothing too extraordinary but that's Just personal Opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.