I have a stupid idea - Sound Board

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
While playing MM yesterday and laughing at the hilarious comments by the various kings I suddenly thought it would be great to have access to these sounds to fully appreciate them. So how about a soundboard built into each table's options with a list of sounds from that table that can be played at will? to make it more fun each of these sounds would have to be unlocked first by coming across them in game. So you could consider them as further unlockable goals. This could be a lot of work for the devs so a 1 off IAP to pay for the sound board, just once mind, NOT per table.

Told you it was a stupid idea - would be fun though.

Sir Psycho

Last edited:

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
I have been known to record the odd quip of "Wolverine" from the ZEN table on my mobile and use it as the message tone. lol, sad.
hiya bub. :eek:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Lots of old NES games had a sound mode that was unlovable by beating the game or entering a code. As time went by lots of games had this available from the beginning and some even had video archives for fmv sequences that had been done. It would be very cool to have dmd sequences and sounds/music/speeches available

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Lots of old NES games had a sound mode that was unlovable by beating the game or entering a code.

Don't worry sound modes, I love you. ;)

Seriously though, I would love to see a sound test mode. A lot of games have them and it's especially cool for games with killer sounds/music.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
"I´m, like, so captured!"

I kinda like having to shoot for the loops in MM just to hear the sounds ;) A little sound board would be nice, however.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Had to stop playing mm because apprently the. Flippers are off....

Truth is i played so much i actually made a valleygirl quip irl...

And im a grown beared man....

*shudders*

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I'm going to drag this old thread up again because I still think it would be a great addition to TPA and far more desirable ( to me! ) than anything in the pro mode. Not sure if its even possible for Farsight to give us access to individual sounds or if it would be against licence agreements but if it was possible it would be something that I WOULD pay for as there is currently nothing in the pro mode that I would pay for. I like having goals/unlocks to go for and they are often far too easily achieved the way it is at the moment, imagine having that many more little things to unlock for each table, I'm sure the number of sound effects for the more complex tables probably run into three figures.

Last edited:

Robert Hunt

Dec 2, 2012
I doubt Farsight would be allowed to strip out sound or other art, but a Swedish pinhead named Torbjörn Molander has collected some of HIS favorite soundbites on his website.

He quotes: "Beyond this door is a dimension of sound."

http://hem.bredband.net/b257182/sounds.htm

And if you download the PinMAME software (Pinball Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator) and the rom files that are specific to individual games, you can do the same.

http://pinmame.retrogames.com

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
It probably wouldn't be a violation of their license if the sounds could only be played in game and couldn't be easily extracted from the game. But there are a lot of other things I'd like to see them work on first.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Ahh ok, i was under the impression that it would let you play through all the sounds like in old NES games

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts