ps3 version is BROKEN now... error codes :(

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
after they published the demo people reported of getting error codes when trying to run it... since the demo has released every time I start up TPA, it either fails to authenticate the ticket or gives that same error others were reporting...

ugh can it get any worse?

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
Do you already have the game installed? If you do, it may not allow you to download a demo for a game you already have.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
after they published the demo people reported of getting error codes when trying to run it... since the demo has released every time I start up TPA, it either fails to authenticate the ticket or gives that same error others were reporting...

ugh can it get any worse?

That error code will be gone once the DLC is released. You are simply getting that error code because the game is restricting you from having access to the DLC which is obviously ready on Sony's side, but have to wait for Microsoft to approve it on their side.

Bahnzo

Apr 18, 2012
That error code will be gone once the DLC is released. You are simply getting that error code because the game is restricting you from having access to the DLC which is obviously ready on Sony's side, but have to wait for Microsoft to approve it on their side.

Really, where did you read this?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Really, where did you read this?

It's no secret that Microsoft has a policy on simultaneous releases on competing platforms. Did you notice Microsoft didn't have to wait on Sony to release The Pinball Arcade a week early. Had it been the other way around, Sony would have had to wait for Microsoft to approve TPA before releasing it on the PS3.

If you ask me, Sony released the Demo with the DLC in the description, and obviously on the game itself with an error code restricting access to the DLC, to indirectly let everyone know that they are not the one's holding the DLC up. Sony could have waited to release the Demo with the DLC if they wanted to, but released it early for the aforementioned reason. This is all my opinion of course. ;)

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
In a F*cked up kind of way this is actually good news I suppose. Means the DLC shouldn't be too far off (I think).

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
Do you already have the game installed? If you do, it may not allow you to download a demo for a game you already have.

I didn't download the demo besides when I initially bought the game... The old version that I've had for months is acting up...

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
It's no secret that Microsoft has a policy on simultaneous releases on competing platforms. Did you notice Microsoft didn't have to wait on Sony to release The Pinball Arcade a week early. Had it been the other way around, Sony would have had to wait for Microsoft to approve TPA before releasing it on the PS3.

If you ask me, Sony released the Demo with the DLC in the description, and obviously on the game itself with an error code restricting access to the DLC, to indirectly let everyone know that they are not the one's holding the DLC up. Sony could have waited to release the Demo with the DLC if they wanted to, but released it early for the aforementioned reason. This is all my opinion of course. ;)

**** micro$oft

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012

how does M$ policy affect sony... if I worked at sony then I wouldn't give a damn about waiting...
so it must be farsight's issue in not wanting to piss off M$...

so lack of DLC on ps3 is ultimately farsight's fault...

Actionball

Banned
May 23, 2012
how does M$ policy affect sony... if I worked at sony then I wouldn't give a damn about waiting...
so it must be farsight's issue in not wanting to piss off M$...

so lack of DLC on ps3 is ultimately farsight's fault...

Farsight can release on Sony, but then they will not be able to ever release that content on Xbox. So yes this DOES come down to being all on Farsight as it is their decision to hold the PS3 release.

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
Farsight can release on Sony, but then they will not be able to ever release that content on Xbox. So yes this DOES come down to being all on Farsight as it is their decision to hold the PS3 release.

we should stop using logic before we are burned at the stake for witchcraft

Bahnzo

Apr 18, 2012
All this is crap. MS policy shouldn't affect Sony (and vise-versa), but what it really comes down to is two corporate giants bickering and the little people (us and Farsight) get the shaft.

I'm glad to see an official date, but it's awful to see it's 2 1/2 months after it was supposed to be. And why is Vita getting the update 2 weeks earlier? I got rid of my X360 for a PS3 just to get out of this BS that Microsoft added to console gaming. And here it is still affecting me....

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Many of you missed the last sentence of my post which said, "This is all my opinion of course."

Actionball

Banned
May 23, 2012
I would prefer that Microsoft get a little of what is coming to them. Release the first 4 tables on PS3 as promised, let MS block them from ever being released on xbox, let the xbox users foam at the mouth to Sony rather than FS.

Bahnzo

Apr 18, 2012
I would prefer that Microsoft get a little of what is coming to them. Release the first 4 tables on PS3 as promised, let MS block them from ever being released on xbox, let the xbox users foam at the mouth to Sony rather than FS.

As much as I'd like to agree, it would be terrible for Farsight. Xbox has the overwhelming market share here in the USA, to alienate them would be suicide for their business.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

Doing that would cost FarSight at least $150,000 in potential sales and something like that could seriously criple a small independent developer like FarSight who, as I see it, are trying their best to work with the distributors they are currently trying to do business with. This move would be bad for ALL TPA consumers as well.

Last edited:

Actionball

Banned
May 23, 2012
Doing that would cost FarSight at least $150,000 in potential sales and something like that could seriously criple a small independent developer like FarSight who, as I see it, are trying their best to work with the distributors they are currently trying to do business with. This move would be bad for ALL TPA consumers as well.

But its ok to alienate the not insignificant PS3 playerbase?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
But its ok to alienate the not insignificant PS3 playerbase?

No...this is far from ok, but what you just suggested means no Xbox 360 users will ever get the first four DLC tables and I just don't see how any of this is the consumer's fault no matter what platform or device they play TPA on.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts