What is the best voiceover performance in The Pinball Arcade? (Part II)

View for your ten favorite voiceover performances from these others:

• Tales Of The Arabian Nights - The Narrator

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Tales Of The Arabian Nights - The Princess

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Ripley's Believe It Or Not - Ripley

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Ripley's Believe It Or Not - The Idol

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Theatre Of Magic - The Magician

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Theatre Of Magic - The Magician's Assistant

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Medieval Madness - Merlin

• Medieval Madness - The King

• Medieval Madness - The Trolls

• The Machine: The Bride Of Pin*Bot - The Bride

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Cirqus Voltaire - The Juggler

• Gorgar - Gorgar

• Creature From The Black Lagoon - The "Move Your Car" Guy

• Harley Davidson: Third Edition - The Bikers

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Taxi - The Fares

• Elvira And The Party Monsters - The "Thank you, Boys" Guy

• Scared Stiff - The Stiff In The Coffin

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Twilight Zone - Rod Serling

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • Attack From Mars - The National Victims & The Abducted Woman

• Firepower - The Enemy

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Cactus Canyon - Polly Peril & The Lady Of The Evening

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Centaur - Centaur

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • Pin*Bot - Pin*Bot

• Whirlwind - The Old Coot In The Cellar

• Whirlwind - The Weather Forecaster

• Class Of 1812 - Zom B.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Class Of 1812 - The Stiffs

• Fish Tales - The Fishermen Reacting To The Lies

• High Speed - The Cops

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Junk Yard - Crazy Bob

• Total voters

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
I'm actually kind of glad to see Class Of 1812's entries not doing so well in this poll. I included them since I figured someone might like them, but the stiffs' raps are really grating.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Ten is a bit much from that list, maybe narrow it down to five or something?

Oh, and the voiceover in Ripley's isn't the idol, it's the shrunken head (unless you're are talking about the idol, which is the magnetic thing on the extreme left that giggles and laughs at you) :)

Fake edit: I just checked the other poll... gotcha! Although I think perhaps it's best to just have machines rather than separate voices on individual machines. For example, I love the voicework in TotAN, but I wouldn't want to waste 20% of my votes to ensure they all make them in. Having said that though, great idea for a poll! I just think that having too many options dilutes the votes a little.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Some of my picks:
Ripley's Believe It Or Not - Ripley : always helpful
TOM - The Magician and his Assistant: always praising and never any blame or taunting
Circus Voltaire - "Your Skill!!!" - most energetic

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I'm actually kind of glad to see Class Of 1812's entries not doing so well in this poll. I included them since I figured someone might like them, but the stiffs' raps are really grating.

Between the audio and the artwork it's just a really ugly machine. I really wish they'd have opted for an older Stern instead, though I know this table has its fans.

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
Say, which one is the Dracula-sounding guy in Scared Stiff? I thought that was Elvira's husband. I found him pretty fun to listen to as he's so hammy.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
What about the "There goes that Mystery Rider" guy in Harley? ;) Heh heh heh.

At least he's better than that guy who calls out what shot you should take and how many miles you have to go to the next city. That voiceover performance is the worst in the entire Pinball Arcade collection. Utterly miscast. He sounds like the annoying, pushy yet clingy guy you wish hadn't been invited to the party. What Harley riders would hang out with that guy?

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
"Hey get that patch, man!" - I would if I hadn't just triggered yet another multi-ball round!

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
At least he's better than that guy who calls out what shot you should take and how many miles you have to go to the next city. That voiceover performance is the worst in the entire Pinball Arcade collection. Utterly miscast. He sounds like the annoying, pushy yet clingy guy you wish hadn't been invited to the party. What Harley riders would hang out with that guy?

It is pretty jarring the way it has the statement, each part of the number of miles and the city name. Sounds so robotic and the dude's voice is pretty lame.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
It is pretty jarring the way it has the statement, each part of the number of miles and the city name. Sounds so robotic and the dude's voice is pretty lame.

Ha, ha, ha! Yea. JY has a similar issue. Where they mixed different voiceovers into one sentence. I guess Williams ran out of memory. "Get the....weathervane." Doesn't sound as lame as HD but still funny.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
Ha, ha, ha! Yea. JY has a similar issue. Where they mixed different voiceovers into one sentence. I guess Williams ran out of memory. "Get the....weathervane." Doesn't sound as lame as HD but still funny.

True, they both have that automated call system effect, but at least Junk Yard's Angel and Devil have pleasant, entertaining, well-written, well-cast, and well-performed voiceover performances. That guy from Harley Davidson: Third-Edition makes my teeth itch.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Nothing can top Rudy. "You...big......sausage!"

Although I voted for the King.

to the trolls: "I told you guys to use the Atomic Blaster!"

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Centaur deservedly in the lead.

I think the Twilight Zone guy does a good job but when you watch the Twilight Zone promo from Williams you realize he's a horrible imposter. So, in other words, don't watch that.

No love for the Ringmaster? I think he did a really good 'Joker' esque performance that fits the character well. I understand that it annoys some people though.

Also saddened that the totally rad and totally tubular far out Dr Dude didn't get a mention.

What about the chick from CV? People don't even like her? The juggler is lammmmme. Worst part of the table IMO.

Last edited:

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
What about the chick from CV? People don't even like her? The juggler is lammmmme. Worst part of the table IMO.
You mean "Cirqus Voltaire - Voltaire"? 6 votes so far in the other poll. ("I am Voltaire", "Ball One is Locked")

I can juggle 2 balls ... no problem :D

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
You mean "Cirqus Voltaire - Voltaire"? 6 votes so far in the other poll. ("I am Voltaire", "Ball One is Locked")

I can juggle 2 balls ... no problem :D

Yeah, I really like Voltaire. Her callouts are excellent at keeping one excited about what's going on. I definitely voted for her.

Members online

Members online