DLC date revealed

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
The first table pack (Medieval Madness and Bride of PinBot) will be released for the PS Vita on June 12th, and for the PlayStation 3 on June 26th.

The second table pack (Cirqus Voltaire and Funhouse) will be released for the PlayStation 3 on June 26th and for the PS Vita on July 3rd.

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
Oh yeah, now thats what I'm talking about. I didn't mind the wait, and would actually prefer if FarSight released tables every two months and not try to do it every month. That gives me time to flesh out the tables more.

ZForceFFC

Jun 7, 2012
Can someone briefly explain to me how the crossplay works? I want to get the PS3 version probably tomorrow or whenever I go get some points, since now we actually KNOW when DLC comes out, as opposed to the 360 version I currently have, where DLC is coming out God knows when. If I buy the PS3 version, I can play on the Vita as well, then if I buy the first DLC pack on the 12th for Vita, I'll be able to access it on PS3 on the 26th, and when I buy the second DLC Pack on PS3 on the 26th, I'll be able to access it on the Vita on 7/3. Is that all correct?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Can someone briefly explain to me how the crossplay works? I want to get the PS3 version probably tomorrow or whenever I go get some points, since now we actually KNOW when DLC comes out, as opposed to the 360 version I currently have, where DLC is coming out God knows when. If I buy the PS3 version, I can play on the Vita as well, then if I buy the first DLC pack on the 12th for Vita, I'll be able to access it on PS3 on the 26th, and when I buy the second DLC Pack on PS3 on the 26th, I'll be able to access it on the Vita on 7/3. Is that all correct?

From what I understand, you'll get access to the DLC tables on both the PS3 and PS Vita, with a single purchase, regardless of which platform you purchase them on or when they become available (if they aren't released on both platforms at the same time) as long as they're purchased on the same account and both your PS3 and PS Vita are linked to said account.

Last edited:

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012

If you do consider buying it for the PS3, please download the demo first before you buy the full copy to see if your setup experiences flipper lag at all. Personally I bought the game for my Vita and didn't even realize that the game would carry over to the PS3 too, which was a nice surprise.. However when I downloaded the PS3 version I find it nearly unplayable due to some delay between when I press the button and when the flipper moves. (I will try to flip a trapped ball and it will go straight down the drain before my flippers react) Other people have been reporting this too. The weird thing is it doesn't happen at all on the 360 version on the same TV connected through HDMI. I don't know if there is a fix in the works yet for this but it is something you should watch out for.

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
If you do consider buying it for the PS3, please download the demo first before you buy the full copy to see if your setup experiences flipper lag at all. Personally I bought the game for my Vita and didn't even realize that the game would carry over to the PS3 too, which was a nice surprise.. However when I downloaded the PS3 version I find it nearly unplayable due to some delay between when I press the button and when the flipper moves. (I will try to flip a trapped ball and it will go straight down the drain before my flippers react) Other people have been reporting this too. The weird thing is it doesn't happen at all on the 360 version on the same TV connected through HDMI. I don't know if there is a fix in the works yet for this but it is something you should watch out for.

I have never had this "flipper lag" problem... I play using game mode on my tv..
i mean.. to try to flip a trapped ball and your flipper doesnt react? wtf mate

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
I have never had this "flipper lag" problem... I play using game mode on my tv..
i mean.. to try to flip a trapped ball and your flipper doesnt react? wtf mate

It is rather annoying and does really break the game for me. If you take a look at the scores I got on my Vita you will see that I am a decent player with the best being 97th on the leaderboards last time I checked. At first I thought it was a psychological thing but I have had someone who plays primarily on their 360 confirm that the flippers on my PS3 version are off. My tv is in gamemode and the 360 version does not exhibit these symptoms at all on the exact same tv.

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
After buying a new tv last week (Samsung 40" LED) I too experience lag now. TPA played perfectly on my previous tv (Samsung 32" LCD). I use HDMI cables on both setups, both TV's are in game mode. I agree with Crush, this makes TPA very difficult to enjoy.. :(

Last edited:

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Which supports FS claim that it is TV-dependant (just like my PC monitor plays it crisp and lagfree, and my 40" Sony sufers from the lag).

However hooking it up to your xbox and the lag is gone and TPA becomes playable on the same tv goes against the same claim. I can see how this is a very hard issue for a software company to solve as it might very well be hardware related.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Does this announcement change the thoughts on the theory that the MS policy was holding back ps3 dlc?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Does this announcement change the thoughts on the theory that the MS policy was holding back ps3 dlc?
Although the company does have a reputation for being ruthless, it's highly doubtful that Microsoft has such impact on what occurs (or does not occur) on a competing console.

Bahnzo

Apr 18, 2012
Although the company does have a reputation for being ruthless, it's highly doubtful that Microsoft has such impact on what occurs (or does not occur) on a competing console.

They certainly could. If MS wanted, they could make dev's sign an agreement that dictates DLC is not released on another platform before Xbox. It's up in the air if this is the actual policy (and I'm sure it's all hush-hush), but I wouldn't be surprised.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
They certainly could. If MS wanted, they could make dev's sign an agreement that dictates DLC is not released on another platform before Xbox. It's up in the air if this is the actual policy (and I'm sure it's all hush-hush), but I wouldn't be surprised.

However, we now have dates for the ps3 but no dates for the xbox.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
However, we now have dates for the ps3 but no dates for the xbox.

There's no date for Xbox 360 because FarSight had to resubmit the DLC yesterday. All Microsoft is going to do is check to make sure the DLC code wasn't altered, then they'll push it through. I think we'll see the DLC on June 19th for the Xbox 360.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Ahh... the 26th it is then. How many more top scores, on the launch tables, do I have to earn?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.