Consensus on high scores?

Bahnzo

Apr 18, 2012
Just curious what people think of some of these extremely high scores?

For example: Black Hole...2-3 million seems like a pretty good score, but if you look at the leaderboards, 1+ billion is #1 with 208 million rounding out the top 10. All of these are listed as mobile devices.

So what's going on here? Cheating/hacking? An ease of play on mobile devices that isn't there on the consoles?

Whatever it is, I think we need to separate the leaderboards for mobile devices and consoles.

Last edited:

starck

Jun 7, 2012
It's because the tables play differently on different devices, IMO, and because there have been multiple
Versions of the tables out on the iOS devices now, some of which were 'easier' than others. Just m opinion tho

It's also probably because most of the software sales currently go to mobile devices-
So more users to potentially get that higher score.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Actually, Gord demonstrated today that the save game file can be extracted and saved outside the mobile device for backup purposes. Presumably someone with a hex editor could manipulate the saved high scores, and perhaps the game code would pick up on it, think it legitimately earned, and submit the new "high score" to the leaderboards. Sounds like an awful lot of effort for not a lot of payoff to me, though.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
It doesn't. I was just mentioning that such cheating is easily possible now. I have no idea how the original bollixed scores came into being. I didn't get the iOS version until recently, and I pay no attention to those leaderboards as I find the touchscreen controls difficult to use (relative to the 360's controller) and so my high scores on iOS aren't at all high.

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
I am very annoyed with the ALL TIME LEADERBOARD ... obviously a fake and sick of being grouped in with mobile high scores as well. I think all devices should have their own filter.

These days I only pay attention to the FRIENDS LEADERBOARD, at least I know it is realistic ... it may not be accurate in the sense that scores while earned while offline are not registered ... my best game of BLACK HOLE, close to 3MIL, never made it to the leaderboard.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts