Another eternity until DLC 1 is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
As FS, again, has to resubmit, we, again, have to wait 30 days for approval, and an additional 3+ weeks after that for the content to be made available. That's 7 weeks minimum! I suppose it could be worse - FS could just say they're fed up with the headaches and they're just going to abandon the platform.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Since the possibility is there for Microsoft to take another four weeks to approve the DLC, I was hoping FarSight would go ahead and throw in DLC Tables Pack #3 and try and get that approved as well. I personally wouldn't mind waiting another month (since it looks like we're going to have to wait that long anyway) for DLC if I knew I would get six tables all at once.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Since the possibility is there for Microsoft to take another four weeks to approve the DLC, I was hoping FarSight would go ahead and throw in DLC Tables Pack #3 and try and get that approved as well. I personally wouldn't mind waiting another month (since it looks like we're going to have to wait that long anyway) for DLC if I knew I would get six tables all at once.
Not sure how far they can push that oversized core update exception. Microsoft may have agreed to whatever size four tables ended up being, but six tables' worth might be too much.

But they could simply submit DLC #3 as originally scheduled, right? There are no rules against having multiple submissions going, are there?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Not sure how far they can push that oversized core update exception. Microsoft may have agreed to whatever size four tables ended up being, but six tables' worth might be too much.

But they could simply submit DLC #3 as originally scheduled, right? There are no rules against having multiple submissions going, are there?

That would work as well. It would be nice to get the first two DLC packs together and then get the third DLC pack a few weeks later.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012

As a semi-hardcore pinball fan I can agree with you that waiting for the new tables isn't that bad. However, I think that they run a real danger in losing a great chunk of their audience who cannot get the same value out of 4 tables as compared to someone who wants to see all of the modes and edge out another highscore.

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
These approval wait times are so useless. It is not like MS is under staffed, it is just so arbitrary.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012

The core update is just the improvements to the core game - improved lighting, options, and other fixes. This is different from DLC.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
The core update is just the improvements to the core game - improved lighting, options, and other fixes. This is different from DLC.
Right, but each table apparently has some code that has to be added to the main executable, according to FarSight's post on their Facebook page. It's this added code that is going over 4 MB and causing such difficulty.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Right, but each table apparently has some code that has to be added to the main executable, according to FarSight's post on their Facebook page. It's this added code that is going over 4 MB and causing such difficulty.

I see. Probably the new entries in the table select screen and things like that. This probably means we will not see the game room update for a long time, if at all. I guarantee that is going to be way more than 4 MB.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I see. Probably the new entries in the table select screen and things like that. This probably means we will not see the game room update for a long time, if at all. I guarantee that is going to be way more than 4 MB.

I guess this is the reason Zen Studios has stuck with their menu style table selection. FarSight may have to wait until they release The Pinball Arcade 2 to implement something as complex as a game room and do it before their initial release.

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
As FS, again, has to resubmit, we, again, have to wait 30 days for approval, and an additional 3+ weeks after that for the content to be made available. That's 7 weeks minimum! I suppose it could be worse - FS could just say they're fed up with the headaches and they're just going to abandon the platform.

7 weeks? Where are you getting these numbers? The reality is Microsoft and its draconian policies are preventing ps3 players from downloading the DLC... the ps3 dlc is up in.. dun dun dun dun... 3 weeks.. just enough time for M$ certification...

shameful

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
Maybe MS are sitting around, waiting for what Apple has to announce. Cue crying into beer wondering 'why didn't we think of that...'

Oops, can open, worms everywhere....

All meant in jest. No wish to prompt more arguments.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
There's been no announced date for XBox DLC. There has been one announced for PS3 DLC, three weeks from now.

There's a popular hypothesis that Farsight is intentionally holding up PS3 DLC because of a Microsoft requirement that nobody who plays ball with them can release content on a competing console first.

If this hypothesis is true, then Farsight would have to be expecting the XBox DLC to be released in June, or else they wouldn't have announced that date. If it's false, then the XBox DLC could come out later than that, and past iterations of the approval cycle would suggest that it won't be this month.

szycag

Apr 19, 2012
I'm putting down Pinball Arcade for now then. I was so excited for these! At least Pinball FX2 is getting more Marvel tables soon.

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
50/50 now if it's coming next week or the week after that. if it's not released before or at the same time as the ps3 version it won't come anymore I guess ;)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Since Pinball FX tables are published by Microsoft Studios, we won't see TPA DLC next week either. My money is on DLC releasing for the Xbox 360 on June 26th along with the PS3 release.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
could be... all i know is i can't play pinball fx2 anymore... TPA is just so much better... the physics, the tables themselves (layout, rules)... so i deleted all of the 22 tables i had on my xbox360 hd, and never looked back :)

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
FX 2 got screwed royally. Avengers was hot about a month ago, but now people barely remember it, and that will get worse as The Dark Knight Rises, Amazing Spider-Man, and The Man of Steel release dates approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts