• Jurassic Park

Votes: 17 13.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Ok, let's see if we can't try this one more time. lol

I asked Jeff to delete my original poll thread, that for some reason didn't save the poll, and somehow both the old and new one got deleted! (Thanks anyway, Jeff)

I figured it would be fun to see what the most wanted Kickstarter was, based on only a few choices. I'm basing my 5 choices from the "Top Ten Premium Licensed" Poll winners list (http://digitalpinballfans.com/content.php/320-PAF-Top-Ten-Most-Wanted-Table-Poll-Series-THE-RESULTS-ARE-IN!!!), as well as the endless requests that I see on the FB page.)

(Note: I did not include "The Addams Family", "Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure", and "Dr. Who" because at this present time, they are not possible to obtain.)

The choices are:

1. The Simpsons Pinball Party
2. Metallica
3. The Shadow
4. AC/DC
5. Jurassic Park

Edan-Grossman

Jan 19, 2013
I am a huge Simpsons fan, so this one was an easy choice for me. I'd be happy to support the other table's kickstarters as well, but I'd love to have The Simpsons first.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
Sorry, but I want Jurassic Park badly, I also want The Simpsons Pinball Party and The Shadow eventually. AC/DC and Metallica won't be out until they get the S.A.M. system Emulated on all consoles and other machines.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I voted AC/DC. But I don't see anyway this could ever happen. I don't think they cam emulate anything this new and the music rights would be insane.
Any of these five would be awesome.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Yeah, should we consider that Metallica and AC/DC are probably out of reach by the technical emulation concerns?

Anyway TSPP will easily win this by a landslide.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
As much as I really enjoyed playing The Shadow recently had to go with AC/DC for a personal choice. Would be nice to get a music pin in TPA and AC/DC had a fun layout, good music, and has a pretty deep ruleset. But would be ok with Metallica for a music themed table too as its a pretty fun table too.

Played Jurassic Park several times recently too and it didn't grab me even though I like the theme. So it would be on the bottom of these choices for me.

But I think if Farsight can't get Addams Family then they would likely have to do Simpsons to minimize the grumbling and have a successful Kickstarter. AC/DC might work too but would be a harder sell. Any of these other choices would likely meet with mob action as the community is pretty prickly - even though any of these tables would be fantastic to have in TPA.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I love all of them except Jurassic Park just because it is such a blatant ripoff. Even that has the cool dino eating the ball. I put my vote for the Shadow but it was close between that, Simposons and Metallica.

N

netizen

PAPA uploaded some "new" videos today maybe they will help people make decisions :/

The Shadow which I voted for

The Simpsons Pool Party - looks fun but doesn't do it for me when compared to these other selections

Even though it's S.A.M and can't be emulated at this time AC/DC

Not purposefully excluding the other titles, but these were in my email so no google-fu required. :cool:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
One of the FS reps said the music/band themed tables are the hardest to acquire rights from, especially when their catalogs span over years, like AC/DC and Metallica do. I vote for AC/DC, even though it's meaningless because it will never happen.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
One of the FS reps said the music/band themed tables are the hardest to acquire rights from, especially when their catalogs span over years, like AC/DC and Metallica do. I vote for AC/DC, even though it's meaningless because it will never happen.

Never say never.

You never know what'll happen. Maybe some bands like the game of pinball. Look at Slash (is this correct?).

The entire Guns N' Roses band LOVE pinball. It was not uncommon for them to always have a table or two on tour, as well as owning tables themselves.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Never say never.

The entire Guns N' Roses band LOVE pinball. It was not uncommon for them to always have a table or two on tour, as well as owning tables themselves.

While I don't think GnFnR will make it due to Axl and Slash having a feud, Bobby King did mention that metallica may not be a challenge for the licensing as much as any other music themed table. Not sure the reason behind it. I think Metallica is probably easy to work with, especially when it comes to things they enjoy (and they do have a love for pinball), but they do want a deal that will give them money and protect their interests. Which is what Napster did not do and they went on the attack against it for those reasons.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
While I don't think GnFnR will make it due to Axl and Slash having a feud, Bobby King did mention that metallica may not be a challenge for the licensing as much as any other music themed table. Not sure the reason behind it. I think Metallica is probably easy to work with, especially when it comes to things they enjoy (and they do have a love for pinball), but they do want a deal that will give them money and protect their interests. Which is what Napster did not do and they went on the attack against it for those reasons.

I don't think GNR will ever get done either, but I continue to hold out hope. I'd much rather have that table than the goofy lookin Metallica one.

R

Rhandos

(Note: I did not include "The Addams Family", "Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure", and "Dr. Who" because at this present time, they are not possible to obtain.)
Did Farsight say that somewhere? "Difficult to obtain" I know of, but since when are those not possible?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts