Coming soon - The Walking Dead!!!!

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
Awesome! I'm not a fan of the show, but definitely a cool license for Zen.

heres the teaser:

Last edited:
N

netizen

I find the show inane and boring as ****, but I bet this will sell like there's no stopping zen

Interesting that they used the inverted flippers like in HH on the upper playfield for this design.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Sounds like it's based on the game rather than the show. I know nothing about either but I understand they're quite different.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
My guy says the table is designed by Deep (he did the Star Wars trilogy tables). The fact it revolves around "scenes" rather than missions, and for some reason the way the habitrails are lined up looks similar to Return of the Jedi.

Funny how even digital designers have their own feel.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
My guy says the table is designed by Deep (he did the Star Wars trilogy tables). The fact it revolves around "scenes" rather than missions, and for some reason the way the habitrails are lined up looks similar to Return of the Jedi.

Funny how even digital designers have their own feel.

Deep makes some great tables. I love how most of his tables have stacked modes galore. His latest work on the SW tables were really fun with so much to do.

I have never played the game but love the AMC series so it will be a bit different not Knowing the Characters. It's also based on Season one. There are 2 seasons of the game..... Perhaps we'll see another table as there are more series coming from TellTale I think.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I do feel like the theme will be too reserved for a pinball machine. From what I understand, The Walking Dead is character drama set in a zombie wasteland. Not your typical shoot all zombies setup.

I'm sure it will be fun but not sure if the theme fits in with the other Zen tables so far, or indeed if it will suit pinball in the first place.

There's always Deadpool, though. I reckon it will arrive first as the trophies appeared on the Playstation Network the other day.

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012

BpuHjIuCMAAlPvv.jpg

The Walking Dead pinball cab is up and running in the @telltalegames booth for #E32014!

https://twitter.com/zen_studios/status/476123224095203328/photo/1

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Yep. It's totally based on the TellTale games. Which are quite good.
I was thinking it would be based on the show, but I knew something was up because I don't remember Clementine. I thought we'd be hanging with Rick, Shane, Laurie, and friends, but it looks cool anyway. Last of Us showed that little girls and zombie apocalypses can go quite well together.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
You know, with this table and Deadpool, I am wondering if Zen are planning to release a mature-rated sister title where their more adult tables can do what they want. Same gameplay, but some of the voice clips and visuals will be "tweaked". Kind of like how on PS3 you can download the Star Wars tables for Zen Pinball 2 or Star Wars Pinball. Zen's version of Pinball After Dark.

Deadpool even "requests" they do this on his table! Not sure if it's a hint or not.

karl

May 10, 2012
I have not been following Zen closely lately. Have they released a cab version of the game for PC yet? Judging from the E3 clip above, it looks that way.

I just got a PS4 and decided to give it another chance. The game still have some faults, like No decent cam view or ball sounds and many of the tables feel very much alike. I have to admit though that it is a lot more fun on the big screen with 3D (just bought a Sony 4K 55") than on Ipad. I actually found myself enjoying it(don't tell anyone) and bought everything available for the PS4.

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
I'll definitely pick this up, although I usually wait for a sale. I only now just got the Dr. Strange table from the Steam summer sale. It's a little weird to me that the characters are based on season 1 of the Telltale game, especially now that we're into season 2. I'm can understand figuring in development time, but it would have been cooler to just create a brand new set of characters altogether and have yet just another facet of TWD universe. I have enjoyed Zen's tables but I wish they would get a guy to come up with more unique ideas for layouts and special features, when I saw that little upper arena area I thought to myself that something like that has been in many PBFX2 tables. Finally, it's exciting to see pincab support for this! A little weird when the camera zooms around (like for the plunger) and I wonder if there will be a special locked camera mode when there is official support. I wonder if that DMD they hooked up worked? Or just jury-rigged for E3?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I'll definitely pick this up, although I usually wait for a sale. I only now just got the Dr. Strange table from the Steam summer sale. It's a little weird to me that the characters are based on season 1 of the Telltale game, especially now that we're into season 2. I'm can understand figuring in development time, but it would have been cooler to just create a brand new set of characters altogether and have yet just another facet of TWD universe. I have enjoyed Zen's tables but I wish they would get a guy to come up with more unique ideas for layouts and special features, when I saw that little upper arena area I thought to myself that something like that has been in many PBFX2 tables. Finally, it's exciting to see pincab support for this! A little weird when the camera zooms around (like for the plunger) and I wonder if there will be a special locked camera mode when there is official support. I wonder if that DMD they hooked up worked? Or just jury-rigged for E3?

Maybe they're hoping to do another table for season 2?

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Like Fungi said - the game the table is based on is quite good - and I'll keep in line with my Zen purchases & pick this up when it launches.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
There's not a lot of storytelling that can be done on a pinball machine. Especially when it comes to TWD. Putting up new characters will just make people say, "Who the heck are these people? What makes this a TWD table? It might as well just be a generic zombie table."

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
I asked a moderator on the Zen forums if this was going to be an individual app like Star Wars and Marvel pinball. She mentioned it was only on the Zen pinball app so I don't think it will be a series of tables like I was hoping.

Members online

Members online