New Amazon device

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
So Amazon is coming out with a new device(most likely a phone with 3D capability).

Will FS be developing for that? I assume it's built on an Android platform, like the Fire.

Last edited:

SydyneBall

Jul 18, 2013
So Amazon is coming out with a new device(most likely a phone with 3D capability).

Will FS be developing for that? I assume it's built on an Android platform, like the Fire.

We'll know tomorrow!
If it's 'Fire OS', I'd hope the Amazon App store version of Pinball Arcade would run on it.

I'm still not sure it's a phone. got my calendar marked for the announcement!

I'm hoping for something innovative that may have phone functions, and integrates with the Fire TV and Fire Tablets somehow, someway...

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
"Dynamic Perspective?" You know Apple had done this with ios 7 to a lesser extent...and it drains the battery faster so most people turn it off.

SydyneBall

Jul 18, 2013
Imagine Pinball Arcade with Dynamic perspective. You might be able to actually see the out lanes under some of the ramps. Sound dizzying to me...

My Prediction: Amazon Fire Phone will be $200 by Christmas, no contract.
Firefly will be released as an app for iOS and Android.

I don't see anything I need or want in this device that blows me away at the $649 price point.
I'm currently using an Android phone and all my email, Contacts, Calendar, Maps, and Photos run through google.
When I switch Android phones, I log on, and viola! email, Contacts, calendar, maps, photos, etc are there.
I'm sure it's the same with people who use iOS.

So to switch to this Amazon phone, one would have to enter/import/transfer all contacts, calendar, photos, maps, etc.
I don't see it happening in droves. The Kindle Fire's stock calendar and contacts are so far lacking. Maybe they are improved.
The mapping app looks neat, but what's it based from? Is Amazon trying there hand at a mapping app?

I'll check back around Christmas to see if my prediction is true..

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I don't think it will sell all that well. Like you said, check back at Xmas.

I was thinking some kind of 3D implementation of TPA would be cool.

SydyneBall

Jul 18, 2013
Imagine Pinball Arcade with Dynamic perspective. You might be able to actually see the out lanes under some of the ramps. Sound dizzying to me...

My Prediction: Amazon Fire Phone will be $200 by Christmas, no contract.
Firefly will be released as an app for iOS and Android.

I don't see anything I need or want in this device that blows me away at the $649 price point.
I'm currently using an Android phone and all my email, Contacts, Calendar, Maps, and Photos run through google.
When I switch Android phones, I log on, and viola! email, Contacts, calendar, maps, photos, etc are there.
I'm sure it's the same with people who use iOS.

So to switch to this Amazon phone, one would have to enter/import/transfer all contacts, calendar, photos, maps, etc.
I don't see it happening in droves. The Kindle Fire's stock calendar and contacts are so far lacking. Maybe they are improved.
The mapping app looks neat, but what's it based from? Is Amazon trying there hand at a mapping app?

I'll check back around Christmas to see if my prediction is true..

Nailed it! Well, I didn't have to wait until Christmas. $199 unlocked GSM version available today!
Next prediction: $159 special on Cyber Monday.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts