Star Trek: The Next Generation Kickstarter Stretch News!

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
I thought it might be wise to start a new thread to reflect the fact that we are aiming for a new goal now that TZ is in the bag.

As per the Kickstarter faq:

What happens if the project raises less than the $110,000 required to license Star Trek: The Next Generation?

In that case we'll take the difference between the amount raised and the $55,000 required for the Twilight Zone and apply it towards a new Kickstarter project for Star Trek: the Next Generation. So the excess raised would reduce the amount we need to raise in the future. Our current backers would not get the Star Trek: The Next Generation rewards in that case, however; you'd have to back the new project to get those rewards. So let's raise enough to fund the Star Trek table now so we don't have to do it again!

I am happy to report that we have now collected over $10,000 in pledges for ST:TNG!

We may or may not reach $110,000 goal by the end of this initial kickstarter but every little bit will ensure that the next kickstarter is that much smaller.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1067367405/pinball-arcade-the-twilight-zone

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1067367405/pinball-arcade-the-twilight-zone/

[video=vimeo;26644038]http://vimeo.com/26644038[/video]

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
What a fookin xmas present that would be, id play in visual pinball but tpa has really spoiled me and thinking of trek in tpa is fookin sweet.

Love the photon firing stuff

Kudos to farsight for boldly going where no dev has gone before!

Yes i just typed that

Always been a trekkie now i can marry it to my new shiney ball addiction

Last edited:

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
They seem intent on doing Star Trek then. It would be a very strong license... and it's a damn fine table.

Hopefully there is some rich Trekkie/pinball fan out there just waiting to make up the final difference. haha.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Regardless if this Kickstarter reaches the stretch goal or not, FarSight is intent on making this table even if it means starting another Kickstarter for Star Trek : The Next Generation to collect the remaining funds needed to secure the licenses. I recommend they do another Kickstarter (if needed) immediately after this one since the goal shouldn't be set very high and this time they can get the tier rewards set up correctly. FarSight needs to do this now and get Kickstarter out of the way and ride out the rest of the year releasing their other DLC Tables Packs as scheduled and end the year with a bang by releasing The Twilight Zone and Star Trek : The Next Generation back to back (Nov/Dec).

Also, FarSight is still on the fence on whether to release these two tables as part of a DLC pack or by themselves and I say release them by themselves for $4.99/400 msp each as the first two Premium Tables and see how they're received by the masses. This should make them enough money to possibly license these high profile tables themselves and maybe release four Premium Tables a year along with their regular monthly DLC Tables Packs.

Next year they should shoot for The Addams Family, Indiana Jones : The Pinball Adventure, The Lord of the Rings and The Simpson's Pinball Party.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Personally I think this whole thing has been a big mistake. They should have kept the Kickstarter the way it was and left it at TZ. All this did was introduce confusion and resent within the community. I am really not even a fan of the whole Kickstarter idea this early since several platforms haven't even seen a single piece of DLC and the existing tables are riddled with bugs. They really should be focusing on getting this whole table release model up and running smoothly and develop a strong fanbase first that isn't on the verge of riot with each announcement. Yes it would be nice to have TZ or ST:TNG, but if they do not have the funds or resources at this time to produce the table then they should turn their attention elsewhere especially when the rest of the game is in a state of shambles at this point.

Bahnzo

Apr 18, 2012
I say release them by themselves for $4.99/400 msp each as the first two Premium Tables and see how they're received by the masses. This should make them enough money to possibly license these high profile tables themselves and maybe release four Premium Tables a year along with their regular monthly DLC Tables Packs.

I'd like to see this as well. I think it would make a lot of sense to hold off on any more kickstarter stuff and see how well TZ sells. Give us a chance to show we can support a "premium" table, and show FS they can go ahead on their own with these types of tables.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Personally I think this whole thing has been a big mistake. They should have kept the Kickstarter the way it was and left it at TZ. All this did was introduce confusion and resent within the community. I am really not even a fan of the whole Kickstarter idea this early since several platforms haven't even seen a single piece of DLC and the existing tables are riddled with bugs. They really should be focusing on getting this whole table release model up and running smoothly and develop a strong fanbase first that isn't on the verge of riot with each announcement. Yes it would be nice to have TZ or ST:TNG, but if they do not have the funds or resources at this time to produce the table then they should turn their attention elsewhere especially when the rest of the game is in a state of shambles at this point.

Yea, they may have jumped the gun a bit early on this, but the reality is they've already got more than half the money needed to license both tables, so they might as well finish what they started and then get away from Kickstarter all together. I really don't see them needing Kickstarter after this and they should have The Pinball Arcade rolled out on the rest of the platforms and devices by the end of this year.

Next year, FarSight should have a better flow of cash coming in and should be able to license these high profile tables themselves.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I agree with the 400 msp ($5.00) per table, and use the profits from the lack of a second table to acquire other expensive licenses.

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
Personally I think this whole thing has been a big mistake. They should have kept the Kickstarter the way it was and left it at TZ.

The thing about kickstarter is that you can't stop it early. Farsight reached the TZ goal in the first half so they have to give people a reason to keep making pledges in the second half. Farsight would have to be pretty foolish to not try to finance ST:TNG as well given the opportunity.

...they should turn their attention elsewhere especially when the rest of the game is in a state of shambles at this point.

Well as a PS3/Vita owner you may have a slightly different perspective than me (Andriod/iphone) but I would hardly say that the game is in shambles. You may not have any DLC yet but the four launch are perfectly playable and thoroughly enjoyable.

Last edited:

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
I really like ST:TNG, so I hope this table gets made. I just sent a tip to Kotaku, hopefully they run a little blurb on it.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
The thing about kickstarter is that you can't stop it early. Farsight reached the TZ goal in the first half so they have to give people a reason to keep making pledges in the second half. Farsight would have to be pretty foolish to not try to finance ST:TNG as well given the opportunity.

Well as a PS3/Vita owner you may have a slightly different perspective than me (Andriod/iphone) but I would hardly say that the game is in shambles. You may not have any DLC yet but the four launch are perfectly playable and thoroughly enjoyable.

Response 1:
They should have been content with the excitement of TZ. I have already made a donation for TZ and that was under the all or nothing condition of Kickstarter. However once they tack on ST:TNG, the Kickstarter guarantee is no longer valid. If I donate and they do not reach their second goal then I am out of money with possibly no table. If they made it clear that people who donate will receive both tables even if an additional Kickstarter is required then things would be great. However, at this time we have no clue what will happen if the second goal is not reached and I am not willing to donate any more until concrete contingency plans are in place.

Response 2:
I bought the game for my Vita and am primarily a Vita player. However there are several bugs that do ruin the game. First, one of the rollovers on Blackhole does not work at all making it impossible to get bonus multipliers from the rollovers. Second, RBION has trouble playing multiple games and sometimes requires quitting the game to be able to start the table again. I have also had issues on TOTAN where the ball would get held on the genie magnet, get lowered down the hole and have nothing happen afterwards. All of the tables have rare issues of balls clipping through walls and so far only once for me a flipper. The PS3 has what seems to be setup based issues causing input lag; I unfortunately experience this but others do not so I don't know what can be done about this. The four launch tables are generally playable and I do enjoy them on my Vita, but if things like this are not fixed soon and also start to happen on the DLC tables then people will start losing confidence and may not keep buying the DLC.

Sorry for being so negative lately, but I am just really disappointed in how things are going with this game. I love pinball and think that we have something that could be a fantastic product, but each decision that is made now seems to be far too risky especially at the start of this project. I really don't want to see this fail, but a lot of people are not happy about what is going on and that is not a good sign.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
However, at this time we have no clue what will happen if the second goal is not reached and I am not willing to donate any more until concrete contingency plans are in place.
Yes we do, but it's not pointed out very well - it's buried in the FAQ at the bottom of their kickstarter page:

The Pinball Arcade: Twilight Zone said:
What happens if the project raises less than the $110,000 required to license Star Trek: The Next Generation?

In that case we'll take the difference between the amount raised and the $55,000 required for the Twilight Zone and apply it towards a new Kickstarter project for Star Trek: the Next Generation. So the excess raised would reduce the amount we need to raise in the future. Our current backers would not get the Star Trek: The Next Generation rewards in that case, however; you'd have to back the new project to get those rewards. So let's raise enough to fund the Star Trek table now so we don't have to do it again!
May not be what you want to hear, but there at least is an official plan now.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Yes we do, but it's not pointed out very well - it's buried in the FAQ at the bottom of their kickstarter page:

May not be what you want to hear, but there at least is an official plan now.

Thank-you for pointing that out. That is exactly what I wanted to hear, a concrete explanation about what will happen if the goal is not reached.

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
Thank-you for pointing that out. That is exactly what I wanted to hear, a concrete explanation about what will happen if the goal is not reached.

Guys!!!! Look at my original post for this thread, I pasted in the exact same quote when I started this discussion! If you guys can't even be bothered to read the thread than.....well, than.........nothing......:p

Last edited:

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
Different people, different opinions. And we will see how things run, but i am very, very, very happy with how things go at the moment.

I was not expecting the tw succes, and there is coming much more.

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
Anyone part of any star trek forums or communities? I'm a pretty big fan of the series but not enough to participate in any forums.. wonder if there is interest in the pinball game there?

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
Anyone part of any star trek forums or communities? I'm a pretty big fan of the series but not enough to participate in any forums.. wonder if there is interest in the pinball game there?

A few of us made posts on various Star Trek based sites last week but nothing much came of it. Maybe if Farsight tossed in a pair of pointy ears they would bite.

Last edited:

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
A few of us made posts on various Star Trek based sites last week but nothing much came of it. Maybe if Farsight tossed in a pair of pointy ears they would bite.

That's a shame, then. At least I can rest easy that it will get it's own kickstarter eventually and it won't just die with this.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.