Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Super Mario Bros.

Votes: 20 52.6%
  • Cue Ball Wizard

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Well, since we're going to be waiting a little longer for some more DLC it's time for another table request poll. This time we're focusing on the fourteen (not including Tee'd Off since it's probably coming anyway) Gottlieb/Premier DMD's from the 90's. I have to admit that this was quite tough for me since I actually have not played many of these in real life. I honestly don't see many of them that much. Even at shows. Although most of these cannot even compare to the Bally/Williams from the same era they're some decent ones in the bunch. Whether we'll see many of these pins? Well, I doubt it considering some of the best one's were licensed but its fun to wish. Pick your your top five requests.

Note that I did not include Strikes N' Spares or Super Mario Bros. Mushroom Kingdom. SMBMK because its a mini table, its rare and very unlikely anyway. And...with all the love Strikes N' Spares gets around here, do I really need to explain its non-inclusion. :rolleyes:

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Although I don't think we would ever be able to see Super Mario Bros simply due to its license, I seem to recall it being a really fun table to play. The last time I played on was at a pinball convention although I do have recollections of play one at an arcade in Niagara Falls. It is a shame that some of the best pinball tables will probably be held back simple due to licensing problems due to their theme. However, the table I would expect to be very possible is Cue Ball Wizard. I am not sure if the large cueball would pose much of a problem to the developers since I am not sure how well they handled the rubber ball in CV due to the lack of console DLC. I really enjoy billiard themed tables mainly due to the sheer number of targets present on those tables and if I am recalling correctly CBW had a hell of a lot of drop targets. I do agree that the Bally/Williams tables were far superior, but out of the bunch you listed there are several unique and quality tables for sure.

Actionball

Banned
May 23, 2012
It made me vote for at least 1, so Barb Wire it is.

How about a Williams system 11 (including system 9 and the wpc alpha numeric machines) era vote? That is a much easier place to vote for 5 without holding your nose.

Last edited:

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
Were's class of 1812, Surf n safari, and Cactus Jack those are pretty good. My favorites are Rescue 911, Freddy's nightmare on elm street, Street Fighter, Super Mario Brothers (but it won't happen, most likely, but you never know), and Wipeout. Those are the games from Gottlieb i would most like to see on The Pinball Arcade.

Actionball

Banned
May 23, 2012
He limited it to the Gottlieb DMD games. I agree that Cactus Jack and Class of 1812 are better than whats on this list, they just don't qualify.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
It made me vote for at least 1, so Barb Wire it is.

How about a Williams system 11 (including system 9 and the wpc alpha numeric machines) era vote? That is a much easier place to vote for 5 without holding your nose.

There was a system 11 topic, but that one had no vote limit.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
SMB and SFII are awesome mainly because of their licenses. I only played Stargate in VP, and it's been a long time (no update for VP 9 exists), but I remember enjoying it, even if it is based on the Kurt Russel film, and not the much better SG1 t.v. series. CBW is a good table out of this bunch, but it's not as good as Sharkey, which is likely what will be released (I hope). Freddy is awesome, and arguably the best table Gottlieb released in the DMD era.
Some of the others are good tables also, such as Barb Wire (despite the terrible movie it's based on), Rescue 911, and Big Hurt, which is not only a good table, but also has a theme that was once extremely popular, but rarely seen in modern times.

Actionball

Banned
May 23, 2012
It would be nice to have a reworked system 9/11 poll. Certainly far more people are interested in those games than Gottlieb/Data East/Sega combined.

A game designer poll would be cool too, limited to 3 though.

Ill go out on a limb and say it ends up Pat Lawlor, J Pop, Steve Ritchie as 1,2,3 but Id love to be wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts