When can we hope for the Mac version to get caught up?

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
Black Hole has the gate control issue that needs to be patched in addition to the other updates that were already announced.

squidlr

Feb 28, 2012
What's wrong with the gate control? Do Farsight know there is a problem? It's a good idea to give a description of the problem and mark it has (Bug) when making a new thread, to draw attention to it.

Not sure when the next update is coming, looks like the target of releasing something last week has came and gone.

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
According to FarSight the Mac update was rejected and delayed because apparently they didn't know that Apple don't allow demo's in App Store.

I thought this fan response on Facebook was comical~

Hey Biff! Apples submission rules are detailed on their developer website. Even a Google search would tell you no demos are allowed! Quit playing with the clock!

Although it's ridicules, I can see why some people think they're just delaying releases in hopes of getting sales on mobile platforms first. Ah well, this is the first time FarSight has released on multiple platforms with multiple deadlines. We should all try to give them a break.

Last edited:

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Ah well, this is the first time FarSight has released on multiple platforms with multiple deadlines. We should all try to give them a break.

We really should. They're an independent studio and as far as I know this is their first attempt at self-publishing. I cannot believe they've made a multi-platform effort like this. I'm sure they just did the Mac version because of the ease of porting iOS code to OS X. Not only are they doing the existing HD consoles, but they've released a Kindle version and are working on 3DS and Wii-U versions. If I only had the Mac version I guess I'd be a bit disappointed, but that's why I also bought it for iOS: so I could get more tables faster.

Howard Sayles

Jun 5, 2012
I have the IOS tables and both PSP collections. I also have the Mac OS version. It is great to play the tables on a big screen. I am really looking forward to the updated and DLC packs. Next week???

Vercingetorix

Mar 12, 2012
They can put a demo on their website. They are allowed to indicate that there's a demo on their website in their Mac App Store description. This shouldn't be that complicated.

Also pretty surprising that they didn't figure that out with their initial Mac App Store release.

I've been giving these guys all the benefit of the doubt possible, but this one is really a head scratcher.

rivalschools

Jun 19, 2012
Aw man, I was just about to buy this for my Android, saw there was a MacOS version, bought it, and now I'm super bummed I can't get the DLC tables. Updates plllllleeeeease.

Also an option to remap keys would be boss.

Experienced occasional slowdown on Theater on my rig (2.66 quad Nehalem MacPro/16GB RAM/GT120), but it's only while shooting the ball & went away after one ramp..

Howard Sayles

Jun 5, 2012
The end of the week arrives and the promised update doesn't (again). My Mac OS version of Pinball Arcade is beginning to feel very unloved.

squidlr

Feb 28, 2012
From Facebook, a Pinball Arcade post:

"The Mac update with new tables was recently rejected by Apple because apparently they don't want you to be able to demo the tables on the Mac without paying for them, so we are removing the demo functionality and resubmitting- we antcipate approval in 10 days or so. Did we forget anything else? The Linux version, maybe? OK, just kidding about that :)
14 June at 11:08 "

So, it should be here, fingers crossed that hasn't been rejected, around the 24th June.

Jul 2, 2012
June 24th went by without anything interesting appearing in the Updates section of the Mac App Store. Wonder if it's been rejected again or if it's just taking a looong time to get approved?

stevesabol

Apr 13, 2012
I, too, am very curious on Mac release status. I love playing on my iPad, but am very excited to play Cirqus Voltaire and Medieval Madness on the iMac.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.