Twilight Zone Issue

gjkendall

Jul 11, 2014
Hi there, First post so please be gentle.

I have all the tables that are available on the Vita, and have loved playing on the tables that I used to enjoy playing years ago.

I fancied playing Twilight Zone yesterday, loaded it up and found it to be unplayable due to the ball being almost invisible. I could see no way of fixing the problem. Any ideas how I can fix it please?

Cheers

G

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Not sure. It does seem that using any ball skin at all screws up the game though. Especially on the Twilght table.
Try re-downloading that table. I can't remember how I fixed mine, I didn't have an invisible ball I had a ball that was to large and it moved almost in slow motion.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Not sure. It does seem that using any ball skin at all screws up the game though. Especially on the Twilght table.
Try re-downloading that table. I can't remember how I fixed mine, I didn't have an invisible ball I had a ball that was to large and it moved almost in slow motion.

I haven't had any issues with custom ball skins, but this is probably the best first step.

gjkendall

Jul 11, 2014
Cheers for the replies...

I couldn't see how to delete just the TZ table, so just redownloaded it. Sadly this has not fixed the problem. One of my favourite tables rendered unplayable...hope someone comes up with a solution for me.

Last edited:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Cheers for the replies...

I couldn't see how to delete just the TZ table, so just redownloaded it. Sadly this has not fixed the problem. One of my favourite tables rendered unplayable...hope someone comes up with a solution for me.

I wish there was a Manage Tables function like on iOS and Android.

Obviously you've tried rebooting the Vita, etc.

gjkendall

Jul 11, 2014
I wish there was a Manage Tables function like on iOS and Android.

Obviously you've tried rebooting the Vita, etc.

Yes, rebooted! Only thing I haven't done is chuck the Vita out of the window. Think I have tried everything!

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Have you deleted it and tried copying it back over from your PC back up.
I'm not sure, but it is possible that to fix mine I deleted TPA completely and re-downloaded every table again from scratch.
I have done that a couple times now (which is why my table goals are all messed up), but I can't remember if the ball thing was specifically why.

gjkendall

Jul 11, 2014
I have not backed anything up, and the thought of losing some of my scores/goals is making me feel a tad queesy! I was hoping an update would fix it, but not sure they will revisit the TZ table now.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I have not backed anything up, and the thought of losing some of my scores/goals is making me feel a tad queesy! I was hoping an update would fix it, but not sure they will revisit the TZ table now.

You don't keep all your games and saves backed up? At all? Sorry, but that's crazy man.

Backing up your games is at least 100x faster than re-downloading from your list. It keeps everything listed in alphabetical order in Content Manager. You can transfer a game and all of it's DLC in one click (such as TPA and every single table). Even if things are removed or become "un-re-downloadable" or "un-installable" from PSN (like Suikoden, Sega Collection or Pac Man CE for example) you can still transfer them over from your backup. As long as you have a backup or two you should never be able to lose anything (saves, DLC, progress or even the games themselves). The very first thing I do after I buy a new game is back it up.

Plus you don't lose anything if you backup your stuff before you delete it, or upload your saves to the cloud first. You would only lose your stuff/saves/progress/unlocks if you don't make a backup (or PS Plus save) before deleting your save file.

Is there a reason you don't do this?

gjkendall

Jul 11, 2014
I have a ps+ account, and have just backed everything on my Vita to my PC.

I deleted Pinball Arcade from the Vita, rebooted and copied Pinball Arcade To the Vita...and sadly the ball is still nearly invisible.

This is a game breaker...

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I have a ps+ account, and have just backed everything on my Vita to my PC.

I deleted Pinball Arcade from the Vita, rebooted and copied Pinball Arcade To the Vita...and sadly the ball is still nearly invisible.

This is a game breaker...

Bummer man. You could try to freshly redownload everything from PSN again, but it's a huge pain in the ass with so many table packs and takes some time.

However you could try to redownload just the core game and the TZ table to test and see if it is fixed, then maybe slowly add on other packs to see if it continues to work (or if a specific table/pack breaks it).

gjkendall

Jul 11, 2014
Cheers for your feedback mate. ..the TZ was working fine, so something has broken it.

Lifes too short to re-download everything...I guess I will stick with that digital pinball company that can't be named.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts