Zaccharia for Android: Initial Release Discussion

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Development status:

The management has made a decision that our first title for Android will be the Dirt Masters than Zaccaria Pinball come out. The main reason of this decision was that we wanted to learn the procedure that needs to send and approve a build for Google Play. Also we have to define which selling option we should use.

According to our plans Dirt Masters will be sent to Google Play for review this week and Android development of Zaccaria Pinball continues right after. The first Android build will include all 26 solid state and 1 electro-mechanical pinball tables, features and fixes which are in the iOS build. We would like to release it in this month.

---

Hey,

Since pinball tables of Zaccaria are almost complete and implement in to iOS build, we have decided it would be time to start develop Android build. To proof this here are 2 pictures about an early WIP build.

Also it would be great if Android owners could tell us what hardware and OS you play.

2yv70k1.jpg

640xky.jpg

Last edited:

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I'm up for testing, been waiting for this for a long time.

I use a Nexus 10 on 4.4.4 and a Moto 4G on 4.4.3

Indy99

May 24, 2013
This is great news! I would be happy to help test things as well if needed. I currently have a HTC One (M8) running Android 4.4.2, but mostly play These types of games on my Nexus 7 (2013) tablet with Andorid 4.4.4. All my devices are non-rooted, running the manufactures stock build.

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
I am a heavy Android player as well. Galaxy S5 running KitKat (with ART enabled) and Galaxy Note 10.1 running 4.3 JB.

Available to beta test as well.

Can't wait for this! :)

PAFO

Jun 19, 2014
That is really great News. I am still wating for a PC port too.

Hey,

Since pinball tables of Zaccaria are almost complete

How come? There are only 21 tables released so far but there are at least 46 different Zaccaria pinball machines.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
My girl has a galaxy tablet and s3 phone would put it on there. Will any android game play on an Ouya? I would go buy one for this game if so Zaccaria on a flat screen would be great!

DukeCityPinball

Apr 5, 2012
My girl has a galaxy tablet and s3 phone would put it on there. Will any android game play on an Ouya? I would go buy one for this game if so Zaccaria on a flat screen would be great!

I know where you're coming from, but you have to CONFIRM with ASK that you can use an xbox or ps3 controller with the app if it hits Ouya. I know its cliche, but the Ouya controller is literally unplayable on nearly every single game. Never had an issue using the ps3 controller, but not all games support it.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
This is fantastic news Zsolt!
Very much up for any testing also.

My devices are an SGS4 GT-I9505 running KK4.4.2.
And an N7-2012 with stock KK 4.4.4 rooted.

Just as a side note, two things you really need to get in from the start for Android .
1 - Native Bluetooth controller support with analogue nudging (which can be done by downloading and integrating Moga's SDK into your app). {as done by TPA and Zen}.
2 - Google Play Games support (which would give you cloud based scoring and leaderboards) {as seen in Zen}.

Awesome news though.

Last edited:

ccl78

Oct 29, 2012
Great news! Been waiting for this a long time. In case you need some "older" configuration to test: Acer Iconia A500 running ICS 4.0.3 stock, non-rooted.

night

May 18, 2012
Very good news, great to see this development for the Android!
I have a HTC One V smartphone, only single core with Android 4.x Ice Cream Sandwich.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Hey,

Since pinball tables of Zaccaria are almost complete and implement in to iOS build, we have decided it would be time to start develop Android build. To proof this here are 2 pictures about an early WIP build.

Also it would be great if Android owners could tell us what hardware and OS you play.

Thanks so very much for the heads up about this Baron. :D

Hi Zsolt!

I have a Nexus 7 2013, running Android 4.4.4

Please do include me in any alpha or beta testing runs Zsolt.

Because you're new to Android (being iOS and PC primarily) you might want to consider investigating deploying Alpha and Beta builds through the Android Development Console, and leveraging the simplicity of Beta Testing through the Google+ Community Beta Testing program.

http://pugetworks.com/blog/2013/06/beta-testing-android-apps-on-the-google-play-store/

The beauty of this is that you don't have to worry about setting up hosting servers for beta APKs. You can serve the beta builds through the Beta channel on Google Play Store, which has the advantage of allowing testers to provide feedback on each build in the community.

Like Baron, I would also plead that you consider implementing native controller support (Moga API is perfect, as Baron Suggests).

Google Play Games Framework (including Achievements, Leaderboards, and Cloud Save) is really a mandatory feature in today's Android game market for social interaction and device portability. It's as essential as Game Center support is on iOS. A new game I've been getting into recently (Sky Force 2014) is my "Gold Standard" for how this works.

You've got a very strong collective of Android testers here on PAF, Zsolt. Please listen to what we have learned from the mistakes that TPA have made, and you'll have an easier initial release.

We're here to help, and can't wait to see ASK Homework succeed on their first Android entry.

Welcome to the ecosystem!

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Thanks so very much for the heads up about this Baron. :D

I thought you were either recently deceased (and being consumed by Alsatians), or on holiday someplace when you didn't respond to this thread.
Then I saw you post on Google+ this morning and figured you'd just missed it. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts