Attack From Mars

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Hi guys,
today I've messed around with some VP tables. Played Adams Family, Twilight Zone, CFTBL and this one. And of all these really good tables I've found AFM to be the best. I have to say that I am not the biggest fan of MM mainly because of the theme. So I was a little bit suprised that AFM was so much fun with the similar shots/layout/rules to MM. Shooting the castle in MM is so boring after a while, but somehow shooting the alien ship wasn't for me.

Here are my thougts:
Sound AFM > Sound MM
Theme AFM > Theme MM
DMD AFM > DMD MM
Martians > Trolls
ship > castle
Fun AFM > Fun MM :)

I hope FarSight will release this awesome table as their next download. I want it so hard!

P.S. watch the nice PAPA tutorial for AFM
http://papa.org/blog/2011/11/oh-no-martians/

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Hi guys,
today I've messed around with some VP tables. Played Adams Family, Twilight Zone, CFTBL and this one. And of all these really good tables I've found AFM to be the best. I have to say that I am not the biggest fan of MM mainly because of the theme. So I was a little bit suprised that AFM was so much fun with the similar shots/layout/rules to MM. Shooting the castle in MM is so boring after a while, but somehow shooting the alien ship wasn't for me.

Here are my thougts:
Sound AFM > Sound MM
Theme AFM > Theme MM
DMD AFM > DMD MM
Martians > Trolls
ship > castle
Fun AFM > Fun MM :)

I hope FarSight will release this awesome table as their next download. I want it so hard!

P.S. watch the nice PAPA tutorial for AFM
http://papa.org/blog/2011/11/oh-no-martians/

This table should arrive beginning in August.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
I hope so - I love Attack from Mars! - It was playing THAT at a retrogame weekend that made me get into Pinball Emulation.
My work here is done! :D

I so regret having to sell that AFM a few months later. Watching everyone enjoying it so much at that event really made the weekend for me.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Space Shutle was the worst table on PHOF imo.
Nostalgia aside, it really is the sound fx that I rate on it. I only really play it for that reason. I loved playing it at the time... but I seriously thought I would never see another multiball table back then. Pinball was in a terrible state by that point.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
I love all the vids on Youtube of mods for AFM. Makes me wish that Farsight would offer cool mods that people have really done on their machines as DLC for the tables. At least the option for room light control and LED lighting upgrades.

Anyway, glad that AFM is coming to Pinball Arcade, since I'm nowhere near able to afford the real thing.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
I´ve always really liked the meaty presentation of MM, the whoompy sound effects, the taunts of the kings and the deep voice of the King Of Payne. However, I kept losing REALLY fast at this table, and I quickly lost patience with it and moved on to other tables.

After reading this thread and checking out the PAPA tutorial I approached it with a more controlled and methodical mindset, and man, it´s so satisfying to destroy castles (finally got up to three - I only barely used to get 2 1/2 castles before because I used to be so impatient and sloppy in my shots). It gives the game a very direct vibe, defeating these kings that keep shouting insults at you.

AFM does indeed look very similar, and I love the way the saucer wobbles and bounces when it gets destroyed. I really hope the TPA version will carry over this saucer-shaking!

Oh, and it doesn´t have anything similar to the trolls in MM - I hate them so much, I find them a much worse drainer than the castle. I usually mistime it and don´t get trolls when I´m in multiball, so today I just trapped the ball and let them time out. This table also really teaches me to learn ball control, dead passing and trapping.

Also, the more I play pinball, the more I´m surprised at how different tables can feel - presentation, ruleset, the general feeling of the table, strategies and skills you need to use... it only gets better the deeper I get into it :)

marswitch

Jun 13, 2012
I love Attack from Mars! Machine I started on, and to the day have fun playing it. They have one at my favourite bar!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts