Pinball FX2 is coming to Xbox One on July 31! BUT.....

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Unlike what Sony did by allowing PS4 users to download the tables for free if they owned those tables on the PS3 - MS isn't allowing it,so as of now - it's not happening on the One.

Link to the Zen FAQ on the Xbox One...

Now,for me personally - I like the Zen product for what it is. (Though I much prefer TPA)

Having said that - there is no way I'm repurchasing tables on my One that I already own on my 360. Especially after the deal that the PS3/4 users have.

At best - any new tables they come out with that I want I'll get on the One.

This news might actually help out the TPA release on the One - if they can get it out...

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I do like the new UI on this version, Tables sorted into Regular/Marvel/Star Wars sections. Makes a lot more sense than the vague "newest tables somewhere near the top" order on PS3 that gets changed with every new table...

Terminator

Feb 8, 2014
Same with me, I want to be able to purchase a table once, and have a liscense to download for free on multiple platforms. I have invested in the iOS version. But why should I re-purchase for my PC or say a PS4/X1? Not fair!

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Same with me, I want to be able to purchase a table once, and have a liscense to download for free on multiple platforms. I have invested in the iOS version. But why should I re-purchase for my PC or say a PS4/X1? Not fair!

Well,I can understand that - and in a perfect would that would be the case. But since all of those systems aren't linked together,that isn't going to happen. My real beef with this is that for whatever reason,Zen was able to make it so that PS3 owners could get their purchased tables for free on the PS4, and that Microsoft didn't do the same with the 360/One.

That isn't the way you should be treating your fans. Sure,they'll get some new people buying the game,as well as some people who don't care about the above issue. But I won't be one of them.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
That's been the industry norm for well over 30 years. Just be happy sony has allowed some cross platforming to happen since other companies barely support backwards compatability.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
That's been the industry norm for well over 30 years. Just be happy sony has allowed some cross platforming to happen since other companies barely support backwards compatability.

Yeah, people are starting to take what was originally a good will gesture as an entitlement. If you buy on PS3, that is the only license you're buying. If they decide to give you it on PS4 too, great. If not, tough, you only paid for PS3. It would be like someone buying a DVD then demanding the blu-ray for free.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Yeah, people are starting to take what was originally a good will gesture as an entitlement. If you buy on PS3, that is the only license you're buying. If they decide to give you it on PS4 too, great. If not, tough, you only paid for PS3. It would be like someone buying a DVD then demanding the blu-ray for free.

Yes,it's been the industry norm. And,yes - I understand all about licensing. Usually I don't have a problem with that. Maybe I didn't explain myself fully...

My issue is that Zen made it possible for PS4 owners to get Pinball FX tables free on the new system if they owned that same table on the PS3. So,in effect - PS4 players get a free game. Which would be fine...if Zen offered the same kind of upgrade deal with the Xbox platforms - the older 360 & the newer One.

To me - this isn't some console limited exclusive DLC. Offering something this big for one platform while not offering it for the other system is just wrong. The PS4 & the XOne are the main platforms when it comes to TV game playing - it's not different enough. (iOS & PS3 - that would be different enough - mobile/console) So,IMHO - either Zen or MS just gave a big middle finger to the people who are Xbox users.

I'd actually be happier if there was no free upgrade for Playstation. At least then it would be a fair & level playfield in console land. (Of course - I'd feel different if I was mainly a PS user,and I'm certainly not knocking those platforms)

If it is the right game - then I have no problem buying the game on muitlple different systems. I'll probably get the Halo Master Chief collection on the Xbox One,even though I own all the other Halo games for the Xbox/Xbox 360. I also own TPA on multiple platforms - iOS for mobility - Xbox 360 for TV game console,and since I finally got around to upgrading my PC - that as well. Honestly - I was only going to get just the launch tables for a penny during the Steam sale,but I loved playing that version of TPA so much that I bought Season one during the Steam sale. So I'm not adverse to buying a game multiple times.

But anyone who tells me that I shouldn't complain or be mad because of the way Pinball FX2 is being released on the newer consoles is just plain wrong. Everyone has their opinion - fine. My opinion - I'm pissed because I'm an Xbox user who owns every Pinball FX table that has ever been released on the 360, and I'll have to pay full price to play those tables on MS's newer system - the Xbox One. Which would be fine...

...if I didn't know that the Xbox's main competeor - Sony's Playstation - was offering a free upgrade path for users of their service. It's really that simple. Will I still get Pinball FX2 for the Xbox One? Yes - Zen has a fun product that is different then other pinball games - and since the One should be around a lot longer than the 360 - I'll start buying new tables for the former rather than the latter. But any favorite tables (like Captain America) that I own on the 360 already will stay there unless there is a future sale of some sort & I feel like buying that table again on the newer system.

At least I'm not the only one upset with Zen/MS. Both companies have been taken to task at forums for both places,as well as other places on the web. Zen seems to be blaming MS for this,as they have said they will be sending all comments on this issue onto to Microsoft. So - who knows what will happen in the future?

In the meantime,though - my mind is made up. I'll spend my gaming dollars elsewhere.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Yeah, I understand what you're saying. You have Microsoft to blame for that one, though. I have no doubt Zen would put their tables on Xbox One for free if they were allowed... they're very generous in that sense.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Yeah, I understand what you're saying. You have Microsoft to blame for that one, though. I have no doubt Zen would put their tables on Xbox One for free if they were allowed... they're very generous in that sense.

Well,it looks like Microsoft might actually be listening...

This would be welcome news to me. Actually, I'm just happy that MS can do cross-platform compability - especially since Harmonix just sent out a Rock Band survey. I'd be a happy camper if a new RB title came out on the One with all the DLC from the 360!

Back on topic - I'm only going to buy new PBFX titles on the One still. If this happens and I can transfer my old tables - then I'll be playing on the new system.

Redrazorback64

Jun 3, 2013
Xbox One version is available now. You can transfer your tables purchased on Xbox 360 over to Xbox One for free. Not all of the Xbox 360 tables are available on Xbox One yet, but a lot of them are and more are coming soon.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Xbox One version is available now. You can transfer your tables purchased on Xbox 360 over to Xbox One for free. Not all of the Xbox 360 tables are available on Xbox One yet, but a lot of them are and more are coming soon.

Thanks for the update!

Edan-Grossman

Jan 19, 2013
I played a few games of zen on my xbox one and I am a bit disappointed at the game due to the flipper controls. It seems that they fire only when the triggers reach the end of the travel and their travel length seems much longer than the 360 controller. This makes the flippers fire later than I intend which makes the game feel sluggish and laggy. I'm not sure if I will be able to get used to this.

Using the shoulder buttons didn't help me either, while they are binary with an audible click, they are difficult to press and are not enjoyable to use.

A simple solution for this issue could be to change the trigger threshold to fire the flippers from 100% to 20% of the travel. I would happily give up the ability to stage the flippers for an adjustable threshold.

*Update* I retract my complaints because I switched my TV to "game mode" and that made all the difference. The flippers respond very nicely and I highly recommend this version of the game. The lesson learned is to check your TV settings before you complain about latency.

Last edited:

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
I find it funny that people want the game again for free. Big deal if you already purchased it on another platform, even if the platform is made by the same company, ps3 and ps4 or 360 and ONE. It is a different platform, different coding involved, more time involved. Get a life. Be for real, nothing is free. I have purchased TPA on many different systems so far. Same tables, purchased multiple times, 360, ps3, ps4, iOS, pc. It is nice when they do transfer to other systems like on iOS, but do I expect that, hell no. If you want to play the game on a platform, expect to pay for it. They aren't in business to provide free games, they need to put food on the table too. I don't think it should be allowed. I think you should have to pay for the game again if you want it on a different system. Why would you expect to get it for free?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.