Zaccaria house of diamonds is up

night

May 18, 2012
Very nice able, but as mentioned before there is something wrong around the kick-out hole, as if there is a magnet under the table.

74-89

May 2, 2014
Wow, you guys are really fast! Awesome new table, plays great. Slightly disappointed that the sound scheme seems to be a clone of Winter Sports, but I do like the table layout and art.

Not really a problem, I see that the Game Time Bonus counts credits even though this game doesn't have a game time bonus. Didn't notice the kick-out hole magnet thing yet but I'll keep looking.

Thanks again ASK, I love these Zacs.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Like every new released table also this one is lookin good and plays ok but as with every new released table i realise that i check and play the new table, i check the bugfixes and check for new bugs while playing here and there on other tables...

and thats about it.. after this i dont play much., i simply still miss the joy and satisfaction of a well constructed physics simulation,

again, the tables look really nice and ASK really improved alot, but i still miss a kick while playin, one that i really hope to get after the physics update, a new physics engine which gives the feeling of playing on a close simulation of a real Zacc.

night

May 18, 2012
I hope that the new physics update is not set on the backburner now that the Android release is in full development. It really is one of the most important factors, and unfortunately it is still a weak factor in Zaccaria that causes too many ball loses and unrealistic behaviour. Zsolt promised he is working on the physics engine and that it takes a lot of work because it is a complicated matter. As I recall he was talking about an extra physics 'layer' or something like that.
Zaccaria is still somewhere in a beta-testing zone, in full development. I think that when ASK nails the physics we really have something that is a joy to play. I bought the Gold-pack when Zaccaria had only 2 or 3 tables, just to support them and I think it is still the best money I have ever spend on any app.

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
If they don't do a physics update I will delete my $20 purchase. I'am just waiting for the physics update before I really start playing these tables. I agree way too many ball losses to keep my interest for now. I bought gold pack as well so if they get a physics update and I see a major change on these super fast drains I will play the hell out of these tables. I just keep the app and collect new tables and save them for the better physics update.
If it never comes to light then I will erase this app.

Fingers Crossed!

Last edited:

74-89

May 2, 2014
I, for one, am hoping the physics don't change too much from what they are now. I think having independant engines for flippers and ball will be an improvement, but the higher difficulty level is part of what keeps me glued to this app. On the other hand the physics are adjustable so I would probably be able to make it challenging again if it does get too easy.

After this last few months of heavy playing, all of the other digital pinball apps seem way too easy and sometimes even boring, I don't stick with them long and then I'm back to Zac. I've also started playing VP more than I used to because TPA is only for extreme relaxation now, good for unwinding but not many of the games offer as much excitement.

My game on real tables at my local has also improved considerably during this time. I like it.

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
It's really not about making the tables "easier". It's about making them play in a more convincing manner. I agree actually that the difficulty isn't really a bad thing. I played a bit of Zen pinball on the PS3 last night for the first time in ages. I had one ball last more than 10 minutes...and it was boring. I think the Zaccaria tables will always be pretty "high drain" tables just due to how they are designed. But as it stands there are too many oddities with the way things behave and it makes some of the tables very frustrating - more so than they should be.

74-89

May 2, 2014
Agreed. As it stands, the ones I have the most trouble with are Winter Sports, which has actually angered me if I'm in the wrong mood, and Clown. Clown almost always makes me sad.

night

May 18, 2012
Clown is horror to play..

And I keep on stressing the physics lack any rubber bounce, it is way too stiff, like old dry rubbers. I have set the bounce on it's highest setting, but it's not even close how it should be. TPA has good bounce, but with TPA the ball behaviour is too slick and polished, something what I like about Zaccaria, the imperfect sloppy behaviour, it feels more real. I find playing Zaccaria more realistic than TPA, but TPA physics overall play better. I really hope ASK will nail the physics, this app deserves it.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
To Zsolt, bug on House of Diamonds, the game time bonus ends when the ball drains at the fifth ball, regardless of the game time still remaining.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
I, for one, am hoping the physics don't change too much from what they are now. I think having independant engines for flippers and ball will be an improvement, but the higher difficulty level is part of what keeps me glued to this app. On the other hand the physics are adjustable so I would probably be able to make it challenging again if it does get too easy.

After this last few months of heavy playing, all of the other digital pinball apps seem way too easy and sometimes even boring, I don't stick with them long and then I'm back to Zac. I've also started playing VP more than I used to because TPA is only for extreme relaxation now, good for unwinding but not many of the games offer as much excitement.

My game on real tables at my local has also improved considerably during this time. I like it.

Its nice for you to read that you are generally satisfied with the physics, but if one compares the simulated physics behaveour of the ASK Zacc tables with the vids of the real zaccs found on youtube, and in for instance the physics threat, then at least to me its clear that there is quite some improvement to be made to come close to the real stuff.

And about tweakin the physics in the app, after a loooong and quite frustrating time i stopped this forever, cause to me it just doesnt make any sense.

This Collection needs standard good physics which behave close to the real stuff, because to me, a great lookin table with poor unrealistic physics beheaviour its no good match and still not finished, again no offense to ASK, this is just my honest personal opinion.

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
And about tweakin the physics in the app, after a loooong and quite frustrating time i stopped this forever, cause to me it just doesnt make any sense.

Ah, now you've hit on something that I've been thinking about myself lately - I think the physics tweaking option should be removed from the app all-together. At first it seemed like a great feature to me, but after fiddling with it for a while I started to find it an annoyance. I agree that once the game's base physics engine is running suitably then the ability to tweak it is really just an unnecessary distraction. As it stands now I'm just using the arcade physics setting anyway as it doesn't really seem like modifying the physics has much of an effect on the way the tables play anyway...

74-89

May 2, 2014
To Zsolt, bug on House of Diamonds, the game time bonus ends when the ball drains at the fifth ball, regardless of the game time still remaining.

As I mentioned, there is no game time bonus on this game - Zac instituted that feature in 1981. This version counts Game Time credits and then the game ends where it normally should. The "bug" lies in the actual counting of credits where none should occur.

night

May 18, 2012
Ah, now you've hit on something that I've been thinking about myself lately - I think the physics tweaking option should be removed from the app all-together. At first it seemed like a great feature to me, but after fiddling with it for a while I started to find it an annoyance. I agree that once the game's base physics engine is running suitably then the ability to tweak it is really just an unnecessary distraction. As it stands now I'm just using the arcade physics setting anyway as it doesn't really seem like modifying the physics has much of an effect on the way the tables play anyway...

NO!! Don't remove the physics tweak option, this is what makes Zaccaria unique and it DOES make a difference. I never play with the standard settings, I find them too unrealistic, too fast. I have been tweaking the physics like forever with real youtube vids, and this comes closer than the standard setting imo. Try this:

playfield tilt 2.49
flipper force 4.62
rubber elasticity 80
ball friction 60
slingshot force 3.70
bumper force 4.00
ball velocity 250

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.