Adams Family pinball for N64...

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
So I guess that means FarSight can license Raul Julia's likeness after all. That's good news for The Pinball Arcade.

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
Wow, I had no idea that was ever in the works. What a shame! If it were executed even halfway decently, I'd likely still have an N64 today. :)

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
I had so much fun with my N64 back in the day. GoldenEye, Perfect Dark and Ocarina Of Time were my favorite games. It's a shame that TAF wasn't released for it.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
What I find interesting is that they were able to get emulation working on the N64 in 1998, but Farsight can't do it on the Wii in 2012. Probably due to different technologies behind their emulation, but still.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Maybe Farsight should see if they could hire Other Ocean (made up of former Digital Eclipse staff) to help them with their emulation?

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
What I find interesting is that they were able to get emulation working on the N64 in 1998, but Farsight can't do it on the Wii in 2012. Probably due to different technologies behind their emulation, but still.

no reason for farsight to publish on the wii at this time it would be a waste of money... they are going to be on wii u

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012

I'm sure they can if they wanted to, and they would want to if it was economically viable. I'm pretty sure it isn't however.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
My guess (not original to me) is that a problem on the original Wii is storage. PHoF came on an optical disc, so there was no problem with this. But Pinball Arcade is built around DLC, and a Wii just has 512 MB of internal storage; the game would really have to store tables on an external SD card to be practical, like on Android. A Wii does have an SD slot, but that's an unusual thing for a Wii title to assume, and there might even be technical or business obstacles to doing it that way.

They've expressed interest in porting to the Wii U, which will support external USB drives.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.