Retail version of TPA for PS4 ?

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Till today I am playing TPA on iPad only, since the month it came out.
I am thinking about buying the Retail version of TPA for my PS4.
Just because I think it's cool to own an original copy of this great game.
I have read there are just over 20 machines on the retail version, so I guess that's season one and two, am I right?
Will it be possible to buy season 3 (and 4) as addon to this retail version?
Do I need the disc in the PS4 everytime I want to play? Or can I download/install the TPA app from PSN store, or will it be installed anyway on the PS4's Harddrive?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It's season 1. Season 2 is not available on PS4 yet, but a few Season 3 tables are available as DLC. You'll have to put the disc in everytime.

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
It's season 1. Season 2 is not available on PS4 yet, but a few Season 3 tables are available as DLC. You'll have to put the disc in everytime.

Hmm. Does not sound that great to me :(

Other option for me is going for the PS3 version. Will it also give me access on PS4, today or in the near future ?
And how about PS Vita, can I play on the Vita without having to buy all the tables again when I payed for PS3 or PS4 version?

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
PS3 and Vita are cross buy. PS4 has remote play via the Vita, but I think only on the same network, and no cross buy.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
PS3 and Vita are cross buy. PS4 has remote play via the Vita, but I think only on the same network, and no cross buy.

Remote play works locally or over the internet the same for all games. However even with the minimal lag TPA is very hard to play Remote Play because the timing needs to be so pixel perfect.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
I finally spotted the retail version in a store today. The publisher's logo is bigger than just about anything else on the package, front or back. Wish it had a better design to it, TPA deserves better.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I saw it sitting in a Gamestop yesterday too.
Seems like a silly game to buy physical though, since if you want all the tables you still need to buy everything else digital.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I saw it sitting in a Gamestop yesterday too.
Seems like a silly game to buy physical though, since if you want all the tables you still need to buy everything else digital.

I think Sony wanted physical media for the launch.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I think Sony wanted physical media for the launch.

Would make sense if Sony spiffed them to release a physical copy. Lots of other games at launch were only digital though.
*shrugs Maybe Farsight just wanted to have a physical release.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Would make sense if Sony spiffed them to release a physical copy. Lots of other games at launch were only digital though.
*shrugs Maybe Farsight just wanted to have a physical release.
Having a physical release can be quite beneficial. According to Sony, 20% of PS4 owners still haven't took their consoles online yet. Having a physical release of TPA is a good way to bring awareness of the game to non-online gamers and it may also help get some of them to go digital.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts