Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Stellar Wars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flash

Votes: 8 10.0%

• Total voters

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Actionball had mentioned a designer themed poll in one of my other threads so how about one for the king of flow, Steve Ritchie. Since we haven't gotten anything by Ritchie so far, I chose him over Lawlor or Popadiuk. Pick five of Ritchie's tables that you want to see the most in TPA. Or, if you want, you can look at it as your favorite five of his pins as I've included all nineteen (not counting the two Atari ones since we ain't getting them anyway) of his designs that I know of. And yes, I included Hyperball as well.

On a side note, I saw that some have asked about a new System 11 poll but since Rudy posted that thread I'll leave it to him to do another one. :)

Last edited:

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
I am glad to see HS:II getting some love. That is a fantastic table, I just hope that the ZZ Top license wouldn't be absurdly expensive.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
About time someone made this poll, and about time we got some of Steve's games in TPA.

Come to think of it, we don't have any Mark Ritchie games, either.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Wow, in the Gottlieb poll, I didn't even bother to vote. I just didn't like any of the tables. Here tho', I had a hard time whittling down to 5. I did it tho'! I did it. Whew!

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
Can I vote BK2k five times over? :) I voted for BK2K and ST:TNG. After that I'm interested in anything else equally.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Black Knight 2K looks awesome, I really enjoyed Black Knight. High Speed II just blew my mind the first time I saw a video of it - I think TPA could use some more of these really flowing tables, and HSII looks perfect for that!

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
AC/DC, Spider-Man, Elvis, Getaway, T2. ST:TNG is gonna happen already, I really think, so, I voted for others. Ritchie is great, quite the pin resume. Spidey is my favorite of the ones I've actually played, but just barely. AC/DC LE looks like it could take the crown though.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Not played one yet but AC/DC LE looks like a great game. Shame it's a band/theme I can't stand (and I know I'm in the minority there!). :)

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I voted for BK, BK2000, T2, High Speed, and TNG. There were others I wanted to vote for like High Speed II, but I either haven't played a real one or haven't played them in ages. However, I did play Spider-Man, Rollergames, and AC/DC Pro recently and I like those quite a bit.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
With the way this poll is looking, maybe Farsight could use the extra funds they're bound to get from their upcoming TNG kickstarter to fund the licensing cost for La Grange in The Getaway...

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
With the way this poll is looking, maybe Farsight could use the extra funds they're bound to get from their upcoming TNG kickstarter to fund the licensing cost for La Grange in The Getaway...

Sounds like a plan. Farsight...Make it so!

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012

It's definitely in my top 5 for S. Richie tables but it's interesting the way the poll is set up. I think it has enough elements to give it mass appeal but if only allowed to pick one table would it be number one? I would love to see the way a different setup for the same poll would affect the numbers. I would guess it would get several votes but probably not end up number one. It's a great table that has something for everyone. the fantastic design is more important over other things like theme and licensing and I think that is the reason it ultimately received so many votes on this particular poll.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
It's definitely in my top 5 for S. Richie tables but it's interesting the way the poll is set up. I think it has enough elements to give it mass appeal but if only allowed to pick one table would it be number one? I would love to see the way a different setup for the same poll would affect the numbers. I would guess it would get several votes but probably not end up number one. It's a great table that has something for everyone. the fantastic design is more important over other things like theme and licensing and I think that is the reason it ultimately received so many votes on this particular poll.

They try to appeal to as many people as possible, so it would be a good idea to pick something that a lot of people like.

Besides, it's Steve's second highest rated game on ipdb, which is something they take into consideration when selecting tables.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
They try to appeal to as many people as possible, so it would be a good idea to pick something that a lot of people like.

Besides, it's Steve's second highest rated game on ipdb, which is something they take into consideration when selecting tables.

It really his finest table in that regard. Not as flashy and doesn't have a licensed tie in. Just a great, fun and challenging layout with awesome sounds and music. I would always pick it over star trek tng.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I only played it in VP, so I didn't vote on it, but I would like to see Flash. Some of its design elements were used in later games and it looks like it has the speedy feel of some of Steve Ritchie's newer tables.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I typically vote based on three factors. One, is it a fun table? Two, does it have a lot of lasting power? Three (the most important), could I ever own one? I simply do not have the means to spend thousands on a pinball machine. They're few places around where I live to play good pinball. Mostly shows and that's once or twice a year. So, in a couple cases, I'll vote for tables that I would love to play over and over again but just don't see myself ever owning due to their high prices. ST:TNG and The Getaway go for big bucks around Pennsylvania so I voted for them without hesitation.

Dodd

Apr 23, 2012
Steve Ritchie has done so many great tables that voting for just 5 tables does not seem to be enough! I hope Farsight will make a lot more than just 5 of his tables!

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I'm flabbergasted BK2K is TIED for 5th place. Where my BK2k homies at?

I picked it even though I've never played it, just because I enjoyed the original so much in the arcade and the Williams collection. I'm disappointed Firepower isn't getting more love myself. One of the first pinballs I can remember (back when I was so small I had to sit on a barstool to play) was Firepower II. I hadn't played the first one until the Williams collection on Wii and I really like that table with the focus on hitting targets rather than ramps - nice for a change of pace from what we see in more recent machines.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts