Request PS4 Sound Menu

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
Hello All,

The PS4/PS3 version of the TPA lacks a couple very basic features that the PC has. *Please add more as we need the consoles to match their source!

1. Stereo Sound
2. Sound Menu

The PC sound trumps the PS4. Yes, I have a receiver/floor speakers and the PS4 sounds terrible. You just need a decent laptop, run TPA and hear the difference when compared to the PSN versions. It's that simple. You don't need sonic hearing.

For the PS4,

You should be able to modify the following during gameplay:

1. The ball lighting
2. Textures
3. Sound

A general room of thumb,

You should be able to continue immediately after pause by pressing a button. Waiting 3 seconds every time you pause is pointless.

Thanks for making an amazing game. Hope to hear back!

PALADiN

Aug 14, 2013
The 3 second pause is there so that you can be ready to use the flippers when the game resumes.

I agree on the lack of stereo sound though.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Hello All,

The PS4/PS3 version of the TPA lacks a couple very basic features that the PC has. *Please add more as we need the consoles to match their source!

1. Stereo Sound
2. Sound Menu

The PC sound trumps the PS4. Yes, I have a receiver/floor speakers and the PS4 sounds terrible. You just need a decent laptop, run TPA and hear the difference when compared to the PSN versions. It's that simple. You don't need sonic hearing.

For the PS4,

You should be able to modify the following during gameplay:

1. The ball lighting
2. Textures
3. Sound

A general room of thumb,

You should be able to continue immediately after pause by pressing a button. Waiting 3 seconds every time you pause is pointless.

Thanks for making an amazing game. Hope to hear back!

Do they make specific rooms for thumbs or just general rooms of thumbs?

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
Do they make specific rooms for thumbs or just general rooms of thumbs?

Not too sure. Haha

*Rule of thumb. Can't believe I made such a dumb mistake.

Anyway to clarify again. I didn't say remove the 3 second delay, just add a button to resume play.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Not too sure. Haha

*Rule of thumb. Can't believe I made such a dumb mistake.

Anyway to clarify again. I didn't say remove the 3 second delay, just add a button to resume play.

Yet another feature Zen nailed. There's a 3 second delay unless you press a button.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Yeah and it would be nice to get the volume control setting they said PS4 would be getting a looong time ago. : )

Oldskool1969

Jul 25, 2013
FYI, most pinball machines, even new Sterns are not stereo. Data East were the main manufacturers to use stereo.
Jersey Jack and some newer boutique manufacturers are only now doing stereo as they are PC based.
As TPA use original ROMS, this would be a task in itself to rewrite from mono to stereo..
Zen is completely original and thus create their own original stereo sound, not recreation of original!
Does that make sense?
Surely we just need more tables and on line leader boards.
BTW. I run mine through a nice Home theatre set up and have NO qualms whatsoever.

Oldskool1969

Jul 25, 2013
True to original I am afraid! If you play/ listen to the real machines it is definitely on par. I wish they could make it better, this would please a lot of people. Including me.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
FYI, most pinball machines, even new Sterns are not stereo. Data East were the main manufacturers to use stereo.
Jersey Jack and some newer boutique manufacturers are only now doing stereo as they are PC based.
As TPA use original ROMS, this would be a task in itself to rewrite from mono to stereo..
Zen is completely original and thus create their own original stereo sound, not recreation of original!
Does that make sense?
Surely we just need more tables and on line leader boards.
BTW. I run mine through a nice Home theatre set up and have NO qualms whatsoever.

There is noticeable distortion on earlier tables on the PS4, such as TOM. However when I mean stereo I mean the main menu and sfx sounds. All table sounds should be on par with the PC otherwise. Again the PC > PS4 for sound and menu stability.

Hopefully the new menu system rolls out this fall and we all have new bugs to talk about! jk.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts