Sep 22, 2013
Core pack(Theater of Magic, Black Hole, and Ripley's)--FREE
Season 1 bundle--$14.99
Season 1 Pro bundle--$19.99
Season 1 Pro upgrade--$4.99

Last edited:

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
I have very mixed feelings about giving more money to Farsight given how poorly they have supported the PS4 version, but against my better judgement I decided to reward them for taking part in a sale.

I bought the final three season 1 table packs I didn't already own on Vita/PS3, but the store still says the discounted Season 1 pack is unavailable for me. Does anybody here know how long it took after purchasing all PS3 or Vita Season 1 tables it took before the discounted bundle showed up in the store for you?

Edit: Oh boy. Now I can add the discounted pack to my cart, but it still shows up as $15. Shouldn't it be $7.50 because of the PSN sale? I emailed Farsight asking about it. If they can't give me the discounted pack for $7.50, I guess I will try to get Sony to refund the packs I just bought...

Last edited:

Zabu

Feb 5, 2013
On Facebook they claim there should be PS+ discount and that the discounted S1 pack should be 50% off of its price. But it appears neither of these is true, another Farsight screwup that they'll push the blame to Sony on.

Sean Campbell

Feb 7, 2013
I just confirmed with Sony Support that there is no additional 10% discount for PS+ members.

Marvin M.: Thank you for waiting. I checked the account and it shows you were charged $14.99 for Pinball Arcade: Season 1 Bundle (PS4). I checked the PS Store website and the PS Blog, but they show that's the right price for the season 1 bundle.
Me: so the developer is incorrect in advertising the additional PS+ 10%?
Marvin M.: It seems so, because I checked the Blog and PS Store but they do not mention any PS+ discount for that content.

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
I emailed Farsight last night and asked about it. They said there was a delay and that it should be on sale now. I'm looking at the web store and it still shows up as $15 for me. I responded that it still isn't working, asked how long I should wait, and what I should do if I don't see the discount.

I want to try to get Sony to refund my purchases, but I think my chances of that diminish the longer I wait for Farsight to respond.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I emailed Farsight last night and asked about it. They said there was a delay and that it should be on sale now. I'm looking at the web store and it still shows up as $15 for me. I responded that it still isn't working, asked how long I should wait, and what I should do if I don't see the discount.

I want to try to get Sony to refund my purchases, but I think my chances of that diminish the longer I wait for Farsight to respond.

Well I just checked through the Vita store and it has them featured as having their own sale, but nowhere does it mention any additional PS Plus discount.

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
The EU sale last week had a sale on Season 1, Season 1(discounted), and Season 1 Pro. If you had PS+, you got an additional 10% off of the sale prices.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/08/06/ps4-discounts-added-ps-store-summer-sale/

I thought the same sale was coming to NA this week.

Regardless, I see no sale OR discount on the Season 1 (discounted) pack. It is the same $14.99 it has always been, which is in fact the same price as the sale price of the regular Season 1 pack (which is also missing a PS+ discount).

Edit: Here is the relevant bit from the last newsletter:
the last newsletter said:
SCEA (US)
We will be launching a two week long summer sale for PS3/Vita and PS4 Mobile August 19th to September 2nd! You can get Season One, Season One Pro, or Season One Pro Upgrade at 50% off the retail price.

The base game (PS3/Vita) and launch pack(PS4) both including Tales of the Arabian Nights™, Ripley's Believe it or Not! ®, Theatre of Magic™, and Black Hole™ will be FREE as well!

SCEE (Other regions)
PS4 Season One, Season One Pro, and Twilight Zone will be 50% off starting October 6th to the 20th with an additional 10% off for PlayStation Plus subscribers!

We have a great deal for those of you who own Season One on PS3! You can pick up Season One on PS4 for 75% off plus an additional 10% for PlayStation Plus subscribers totalling 85% off!

Reading that now, I'm not sure if the 75%/85% off was supposed to be for only EU or if it applied to both. But Farsight wrote me back and said there was a delay with the NA store, so that would seem to indicate it was supposed to apply to NA as well.

Last edited:

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Same here, Season One PS3 shows up as "Purchased" but the PS4 Season One is the same 14.99 as everyone else, PS3 S1 buyer or not.

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
There are two different season 1 add-ons in the PS4 store. One used to say (discounted) in the title, but that part seems to have been removed. The description text will say that it is only available to people who purchased season 1 on PS3 or Vita. It will show as unavailable in the store if you have not done that. That would be the discounted one you would want to get. Well, if the discount was working, that is.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
There are now TWO 'Season 1 Bundle' options, both are $14.99;

UP2058-CUSA00081_00-DSEASONPACKPS401
UP2058-CUSA00081_00-SEASONPACKPS4001

Edit: the description confirms that the option with the "D" in front of SEASON is the Discounted version for those who already own the S1 for PS3/VITA.

Edit 2: appears that the SCEE PSN *did* have the 10% PS+ discount, and *did* have the "75% off" for PS4 S1 for those that already owned S1 on PS3/VITA, but that the SCEA PSN does not. Under the assumption, and it is an assumption, that Farsight "ordered" the same deal from each, looks like that SCEA has some explaining to do.

From the official EU Playstation blog:
Pinball Arcade: Season 1 Bundle (Discounted)
Was £11.99/€14.99/AU$22.95, now £6.49/€7.99/AU$11.95
10% additional PS Plus discount

Last edited:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I was hoping for an additional discount on the price for PS3 season 1 owners, but oh well.

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
Not going to happen. Farsight emailed me back and said there was some "confusion" and that it "won't be fixed in time". Great.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Man! They and whoever they work with at PSN must really be speaking different languages! Pretty much every time they try some new type of product/pricing there, something goes screwy.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
$15 is still awfully cheap for 20+ tables.

Oh, it's a good deal, but I can get that anytime. The complaint that SCEE got half price and SCEA did not still stands and it being a good deal regardless does not diminish that in any way. On the other hand, SCEE screwed up so many times I'm glad the Europeans got ahead this time, they had something good coming.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Oh, it's a good deal, but I can get that anytime. The complaint that SCEE got half price and SCEA did not still stands and it being a good deal regardless does not diminish that in any way. On the other hand, SCEE screwed up so many times I'm glad the Europeans got ahead this time, they had something good coming.

Yeah. I was also going to get it if it was on sale but likewise figured there's no rush.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.