Bug Overlapping music tracks

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
When the funhouse is near to closing the more "sinister" music starts playing over the normal music.

It has been stated that TPA uses proper rom emulation, if this is the case then how can this happen? This was never a bug on the original table, and I have never come across this problem on vpinmame.

I don't mean to be a doubting Thomas, but this seems weird. Is it something to do with a conflict with the table music playing on the attract scene?

Latest ver TPA IOS v 5.1.1 ipad2

Last edited:

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Been a while since I played this at length, but I had the same problem a while back with the music overlapping.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
When the funhouse is near to closing the more "sinister" music starts playing over the normal music.

It has been stated that TPA uses proper rom emulation, if this is the case then how can this happen? This was never a bug on the original table, and I have never come across this problem on vpinmame.

I don't mean to be a doubting Thomas, but this seems weird. Is it something to do with a conflict with the table music playing on the attract scene?

Latest ver TPA IOS v 5.1.1 ipad2

This behavior happens randomly on Android as well.

I think what is causing the problem is the "attract music" is actually not designed to play when the table is in stand-by mode. So Farsight must have ripped the music track out of the ROM and set it to play in a loop for the table main menu screen and the table "attract mode" cabinet overview (just before you press start). This would be outside the ROM emulation scope.

My guess is that when you press Start, the music doesn't pause, or stop playing. Likewise, when you encounter an event that changes the music in-game, the attract mode music kicks in again.

I'm starting a post about the music behavior in the General thread, because I think this issue is not isolated to Funhouse. I have heard the same issue in CV as well. Also, the ball launch music in CV has a noticeable gap when the music loops. This does not happen in the actual pinball game: the music is seamless.

The Wolfman

Jul 2, 2012
With the Yamaha YM2151 sound chip on the original table it is impossible to play two music tracks at the same time...

BTW, I had the same problem. Hope this will be fixed soon because I love the music of this table.

Last edited:

Gingerzilla

Jun 17, 2012
Just finished a game, when I noticed the soundtracks sounding like a third world traffic jam on a hot summers day.
Hope the bug gets fixed.

Jay

May 19, 2012
It seems like the Funhouse and CV music bugs are two different problems. On Funhouse, I agree: it sounds like the attract music doesn't cut out when you start another game. But on CV, there's music playing faintly in the background and it sounds like the "idling" music before you launch a ball.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
With the Yamaha YM2151 sound chip on the original table it is impossible to play two music tracks at the same time...
Apparently it's not impossible, because I had the clock at 11:45 on a real FunHouse tonight and started the Superdog mode...and the table started playing both tracks overlapping. This might actually be a ROM error.

SqueakyG

Apr 20, 2012
This bug has been spoiling Funhouse for me on the 360 as well. The main music is supposed to change to the "Midnight" music, but instead it carries on playing constantly underneath and never ends, even once the game is over and you're on the attract screen again.

I can't really play the table until this is fixed (Xbox 360... haha, I'd better not hold my breath) because the cacophony of jumbled music is too irritating.

sellenoff

FarSight Programmer
Aug 17, 2012
This bug has been spoiling Funhouse for me on the 360 as well. The main music is supposed to change to the "Midnight" music, but instead it carries on playing constantly underneath and never ends, even once the game is over and you're on the attract screen again.

I can't really play the table until this is fixed (Xbox 360... haha, I'd better not hold my breath) because the cacophony of jumbled music is too irritating.

I submitted a fix for this bug a few days ago, (I don't think it made it in time for the most recent submissions for the phones, but should be in time for the next console update).

Meanwhile, the only way I could get this bug to occur consistently was if I started a new game immediately after finishing the prior game. If you wait about 10 seconds before restarting, the bug does not occur ( at least for me anyway ).

So you can use that technique while you wait for the fix to be released.

-Steve

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I submitted a fix for this bug a few days ago, (I don't think it made it in time for the most recent submissions for the phones, but should be in time for the next console update).

Meanwhile, the only way I could get this bug to occur consistently was if I started a new game immediately after finishing the prior game. If you wait about 10 seconds before restarting, the bug does not occur ( at least for me anyway ).

So you can use that technique while you wait for the fix to be released.

-Steve

Sounds good....and welcome to the forum! Thanks for your hard work.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Such relief, I've seen this happen on a couple tables on iOS but can't remember specific tables. Just got CV and FH and thought I would be playing more CV as I really didn't like Funhouse on the phone but love it on the console

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts