TPA (steam version) Mac vs Windows?

Surf1der

May 22, 2012
I just bought the season 1 pack on sale today on Steam. I have a bootcamp partition which has Windows 7 on it. I don't want to install it on both Windows and OS X. I would rather install on OS X so I don't have to boot into windows. But if the windows version is significantly better I would rather play the better version. Any suggestions from those who have played on both platforms?

wizard33

Jul 31, 2014
on Mac, there is this awful nudging method using the mouse.
That being said, I can't see any "major" trouble
If only the 2 nudge buttons could be configured on the keyboard.. let's hope that is implemented in v4 for Mac

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
You need some serious grunt in your Mac to get it playable, plus you're unlikely to have a monitor that can run it in portrait mode. I would say forget about running it on a MacBook because they just don't have the juice to make it run smoothly.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
The steam version for iOS is not the same as the standalone iTunes app version. Steam version is the steam version and the same on both platforms

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
That is not true at all. The OSX port is dramatically different compared to the Windows one.

The Mac App Store version seemed identical to the Steam OSX version last time I bothered to look. The OSX version is a cheap port of the iOS app. If you have any choice, go with the Windows one.

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
Yes. Steam has different versions of TPA for Windows and OSX. The OSX version you download from Steam is the same version as you get from the Mac App Store, both of which are very different from the Windows version.

Surf1der

May 22, 2012
Well thanks for the info. I decided to just download the windows version and stick with that (per everyone's recommendations). It looks pretty good. It has some jaggies but otherwise plays smoothly.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.