Screwed up tables with the new update?

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Somethings not right here. Is anybody else seeing what I'm seeing?

The artwork for the TOTAN playfield is completely messed up. It's very, very blurry. Almost like it's a placeholder or thumbnail art instead of what it was. It is so bad I would actually say it can't be played this way.

Haven't checked the other tables yet.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Black Hole is hard for me to tell. It looks like the table art is a bit blurry (the astronauts), but I didn't play this table enough before hand to know for sure.

TOTAN and TOM are borked for sure and it's not just the playfield art, but the cabinet and back glass as well. They look really, really bad.

Strangely some bits of them look like they may have been improved as well. the Dot Matrix looks better that's for sure.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Well re-starting/re-booting the game doesn't fix anything. It also doesn't matter whether you are vertical or horizontal.

Strangely I think Ripleys actually looks better than it did before, but I can't exactly say why.

Last edited:

ridetheferriswheel

Jun 13, 2012
Before 1.01:
iqfmj.jpg

After 1.01:
j61f5.jpg

Looks like half resolution to me. Hopefully it can be fixed easily.

Now the only problem is when.

Edit: Vita screen shots look bad by default for the most part. Anyone who has played the old version and then plays the new one should immediately see the difference.

djwille

Apr 2, 2012
yes the screen resolution is very ungly. damn i hope it can be fixed quickly. the new tables are not in the store yet. I hope the new tables looks good and not with the low res. look.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I'm considering deleting the entire thing and re-downloading to see if it works.

Now the only problem is when.

Exactly. If the new tables are also broken and there's no quick response/fix from Farsight I may just write this game off completely.
Here's hoping that it is just because this update actually became available before PSN updated. Maybe it will re-download and sort itself out once the store is up-to-date. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
Call me crazy but I think all the colors have become brighter ... and to me, it allows me to actually see more on the tables, so I like it.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Almost looks like they tried to give the Vita the PS3's lighting treatment and something went terribly, terribly wrong with the antialiasing. (Look at the wood floor - almost all the detail has been blurred out.)

starck

Jun 7, 2012
Dear lord that is painful to look at!

The 1st image (original) looks almost *too* sharpened, to my eyes...but wow....miles better than what happened with the update.

Peter NYC

Apr 17, 2012
ToM took a very big hit in terms of graphics. I really don't understand why, but there must be some reason behind it as for it would be impossible for the developers not to notice this bug before release.

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
I can see things are not as sharp as they once were but they are brighter and as I said, it helps me to see the items on the tables. It seems to me like it is all a work in progress, games usually do not say "unlock content" unless you already have a trial version which leads me to believe as the games get updated, so will the game as well, at that point, perhaps the images will still be bright but also clearer.

The options on the tables not yet purchased should be ... download trial version or buy table, once you download a trial version, download trial version should be erased and replaced with unlock content / buy table pack.

You know, in older versions of pinball games, such as The Gottlieb Collection on PSP, you had the option to either have or not have reflections on the glass of the play field ... seems like the newer versions remind me of when I had the glass reflection option on.

Last edited:

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
@Retro. Maybe your game isn't broken like ours because the items on the artwork are so blurry they are much harder to make out. The graphics on TOTAN and TOM are so bad that it has to be a glitch. There is no way it was done on purpose. It looks horrendous.

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
I think the entire package is in the state of being a glitch, Gravity Rush has not even been released yet, I think that we did not even get the correct update and that we may have only got bits and pieces of it due to an error on Sonys behalf.

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
Almost 12 am NYC, got update 1.01 and installed it hours ago, but no tables yet ... and to think, here I thought I would spend my first night with my new bride (of PinBot) seems she did get cold feet after all !!!! It was bad enough all those i-phonies and androids got to play with my lady and taint her before my wedding day .... now on top of that, I get jilted at the alter!

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
They just went live within the past 5 minutes. Downloading now and I hope to God they aren't broken as well.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Well Medieval madness and Pinbot don't look like they have the muddy texture issue (although the shuttle on Pinbot looks a bit blurry), but MM does look like it still has the flipper-gap issue.

TOTAN is still messed up and so Is TOM.

Super lame.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
So first I downloaded and installed the Vita firmware update (1.69 I think) just in case it had something to do with the messed up tables. Unfortunately it didn't make a difference.

Then I deleted the entire game and re-downloaded it. Yes this did erase all my saved data, scores, goals etc... which is a bummer.
However it does let you play without the new update and TOTAN and TOM look good again so if you just want to revert the patch you can.

So then I re-downloaded and installed the DLC tables again, but it seems that they can't be accessed without getting the 1.01 update.

So now I'm downloading the 107meg update 1.01 patch again. And...

Nope. Deleting and re-downloading and re-installing everything doesn't help in the slightest. To be honest I am very, very angry about this.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.