Greetings from upstate NY

Potrzebie

Sep 4, 2014
From an official "old fart" pin addict in upstate NY. How old? My first play was at the Daytona Beach Boardwalk arcades at the age of six. Play was 10 cents per game/three for a quarter. They had boxes for little kids to stand on. After plugging a few dimes, a very helpful teenager came up to me and said, "Little boy, you have to use these buttons on the side." I had no clue. It was a whole different ballgame after that. Don't recall the name of the first table, but it had a manual plunger to push the ball up to the launch lane.

First time with TPA was a few months ago. I was pretty danged impressed at how well the emulation has been done. One of the tables I put whole paychecks into IRL was "Black Knight." Great nostalgia trip to play it again as well as discovering tables I've never played IRL. Have been playing ST:TNG for a few weeks now (although it's frustrating dealing with out-lanes wide enough to drive a Mack truck through). Also have had a look at the EM table. Would be nice to see a few more of those, just for historical value. Although one of my minor critiques is the emulation of the EM scoring reels could be more realistic. Would be nice to see them more closely resemble the original stepper.

Am always on the lookout for tables on the local scene. There aren't many in the Albany, NY area, but it's always fun to find one, despite the price-per-game sticker shock often found.

Most wanted TPA tables: Simpsons Pinball Party, South Park (with the R rated ROM-set of course) and Apollo 13 (13 ball multi-ball??!!!).

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Wow, that's a really cool story Potrzebie! Great to have you in the group! Hope you enjoy The Pinball Arcade :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.