Silly Sony

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
So tonight I went to the store and did a search for "pinball" to find any other demos I could download (testing lag). At the very bottom of the list (47 out of 47), I saw an add-on for TPA for the two new tables. I thought that odd since I thought it'd be a couple more weeks. I clicked on it and it said NOTHING about it being only for Vita, just the usual "add-on" at the bottom of the image. Made the purchase and downloaded it. Even during the download it showed a controller icon. Of course, once the download was done it changed to say PS Vita.
I went back and did the same thing to double check other add-ons via a title search and found others are the same way. No indication at all what platform the add-on is for. Pretty annoying. You'd think it'd warn you if you're trying to buy an add-on for a game you haven't even purchased.

So question is, when the tables are available for PS3, will my purchase work for the PS3 or will I have to rebuy it for the PS3 once released?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Vita and PS3 content are cross-compatible. Buying it for one system means you also get it on the other, as long as both systems are tied to the same account.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
So if you don't own a PS Vita and only have a PS3 you are screwed right ?

Define screwed? He can't play the DLC on his PS3 right now, but he will after PS3 gets it without paying again for it. The account now has access to available DLC1, be it vita or ps3.

Da Chosen

Jun 5, 2012
same problem here. finally decided to create a us account and download the game. saw the extra content MM and BOP and downloaded it right away. only vita!!! the game itself plays great, no lag at all. hope i still get the content for ps3 rhough, i dont have a vita so at the moment its just wasted money

deathindustrial

Apr 14, 2012
Same issue here, thanks a lot Sony.

Worst case I guess it's a $5 donation to the pinball cause but definitely sucks for PSN to do a bait and switch like that.

Cheers

deathindustrial

Apr 14, 2012
Define screwed? He can't play the DLC on his PS3 right now, but he will after PS3 gets it without paying again for it. The account now has access to available DLC1, be it vita or ps3.

We have yet to see any evidence of that as the PS3 version is not currently available. I hope it works that way but I will believe it when I see it in action as the original purchase worked differently (there was a master package you purchased instead of a platform specific item).

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I it was a master purchase, but it gave you access to two different files - one for PS3, one for PS Vita. Right now the PS Vita DLC is up, but the PS3 DLC isn't. Since it's once purchase for both, you should be able to download the PS3 DLC when it's available.

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
For the future, the only way to know for sure what system an add on is for click on Add-On on the main screen of the store. Here you find some options ... Top, A-Z. Etc ... You need to click on the Add On with only the PS3 control pad on it, this is the only way to be really sure you are getting DLC specifically for the PS3.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
The good news is you get to use those tables this Tuesday , you bought the Vita and PS3 versions , and June 26th Ps3 get both download expansions and improved dot matrix displays.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts