Favorite MM lines?

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
I love the amount of voice samples in MM, it´s amazing how much character it gives the game.

My favorites definitely are the sexy damsel ("That dragon is, like, SO scary! EW!") and Lord Psycho ("You´re making me crazier!").
Recently I´ve been playing a (for me at least) pretty good round, and while Lord Vermins castle exploded to pieces he yelled "happy new year!",
which almost made me drain because it made me chuckle so hard.

What are your favorites?

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Agreed, love the voice samples in MM, very entertaining. Hard to pick a favourite but if the X rated version had been left in then it definately would be ' I'm Howard Hurtz. Who the -bleep- are you '. Its a pitty they couldn't have left it hidden in there as an easter egg but they didn't want to give anyone a(nother) reason to reject it :rolleyes:

As I mentioned in my thread here having a soundboard to play all these samples back would be awesome, and having to unlock them first would be like giving us all a huge pile of achievements to go after outside of the standard/wizard goals.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Agreed, love the voice samples in MM, very entertaining. Hard to pick a favourite but if the X rated version had been left in then it definately would be ' I'm Howard Hurtz. Who the -bleep- are you '. Its a pitty they couldn't have left it hidden in there as an easter egg but they didn't want to give anyone a(nother) reason to reject it :rolleyes:

As I mentioned in my thread here having a soundboard to play all these samples back would be awesome, and having to unlock them first would be like giving us all a huge pile of achievements to go after outside of the standard/wizard goals.

I have actually heard that quote while playing the table on TPA. Would love a soundboard feature.

I think some sounds are available through the operator menu (fuzzy memory).

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
My favorites are the damsels. You have the sexy damsel, with great double-entendres like "big dragon, but I bet you're bigger!" I also like how much enthusiasm she puts into the line "take me, I'm yours" when you rescue her, though when she says "not now, I have a headache", I want to give her back to the dragon. Then you've got the Jewish damsel, who is funny not so much for what she says, but how she says it. She's also tremendously out of place, which makes it even funnier. Tina Fey did the Cockney and "Opera" damsels, but they come up so rarely I have barely heard any of their lines. Then there's the "valley girl" damsel, who is even more out of place than the Jewish damsel, but it makes sense in this game's twisted logic.

bonch

May 24, 2012
Recently I´ve been playing a (for me at least) pretty good round, and while Lord Vermins castle exploded to pieces he yelled "happy new year!",
which almost made me drain because it made me chuckle so hard.

His name is Duke of Bourbon. Now you know why he's a drunk. :)

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
It's not my favorite line - the previous posters have taken all my favorites - but the castle destruction sequence...

Lord Howard Hurtz: Boss, he made me an offer I couldn't refuse!
King of Payne: YOU FOOL!

...still is good for a chuckle or two, even though I've heard it hundreds of times.

The over-the-top delivery of the sound bites for Multiball Madness (especially 4-ball), Double Super Jackpots, and Smack-a-Troll are nice touches as well.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
You know why they call me Howard Hurtz? Lord Howard Hurtz!
Best Line EVER....

Maybe it's because I'm not a native speaker, but I never got that. Is this some wordplay?

And man, after playing some Monster Bash, it's stunning how much more intense the general sound design in MM is. The JACKPOOOT! yells are very satisfying, and everything is loud, enthusiastic and energetic. The music really helps as well, I love the way everything sounds during Royal Madness, I'm really looking forward to checking out more samples as I get further into the game :)

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
My favorites:

Duke of Bourbon: "Come on in, and we'll take this outside."
Opera singer: "Save me! …And don't forget the donuts." (Also: "Yoo hoo, mein helmet has horns!")
Peasants: "The castle burns! Get the marshmallows."

The Wolfman

Jul 2, 2012
Duke of Bourbon: "I love you man! ...hic..."
Duke of Bourbon "Knock, knock, who's there? ...huh huh huh"
Peasants: "They took our marshmallows!"

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
There's so many funny quotes!

The French king (love his accent!)
"I am Francois de *something*, and I will get medieval on your derriere!"
I will boil you in oil, and wrap your feet in cabbage!"
"You will remove that battering ram from my castle!" :eek::rolleyes:

The Duke of Bourbon
"Come on in and we'll take this outside!"

The Wolfman

Jul 2, 2012
Francois de *something

Francois de Grimm is his name, and I love all his quotes too! ;)
I first noticed that all the names of the kings are written on the playfield while playing the real table last week.

I think these small details are better visible on an iPad 3?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
What are all the royal's names?
Francois du Grimm
Howard Hurtz
Duke of Bourbon
The crazy one
I can't even remember the character of the other two, let alone their names

Then there's the final boss, the King of Payne

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Thanks, but that only leaves five. Does the King of Payne counts as one of the six? I thought you had to defeat the six castles, 10 trolls, and all the other tasks, THEN you take on KOP.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
The King of Payne is the sixth castle. Watch the DMD after you destroy the fifth castle, and it will say "All the King's Men defeated". Also, when you destroy the sixth castle, one of the possible lines is the King of Payne saying "You may have destroyed my castle, but you will never defeat me!"

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.