Request OS independent rotation support for portrait mode on external display

CrazyCoder

Apr 26, 2012
Zen Pinball allows to set rotation independently on the OS, so that when you plug HDMI external display to your device and OS forces landscape mode that you can't override, you can still play in portrait mode.

Pinball Arcade has no such option and is rotated automatically by Android, so no portrait mode on HDMI display. Would be nice to get it supported, see how it works with Zen Pinball.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
As an Android tablet user, I would love to see this implemented. Would make playing TPA on the big screen an absolute joy!

From an uneducated (non-coder) viewpoint, I can't really see that this would be hard to implement. The game already supports both orientations. It just needs to honor the HDMI orientation.

Could this *please* be considered for a future build, so it brings the functionality in line with what Zen Pinball offers its customer base.

@Ryan Routon, would this be something that would be coded across all mobile platforms, or just for Android? I don't know whether iPad supports output to monitors.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts