PS Vita - Request No trophies for DLC packs?

DarthVonDoom

Jun 13, 2012
I noticed when I downloaded the first DLC pack that there were no trophies for the new tables which i thought was both surprising and dissapointing. Is it something that is going to be rectified in an upcoming update or all future tables are going to come without trophies?

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
I noticed when I downloaded the first DLC pack that there were no trophies for the new tables which i thought was both surprising and dissapointing. Is it something that is going to be rectified in an upcoming update or all future tables are going to come without trophies?

if true no sale.. the 360 will have achievments.. guaranteed. farsight keeps treating ps3/vita owners like ****..... well F 'em I say,

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Don't want to come off as stupid, but here goes. What do you mean by trophies? I'm on an iPad, is this only a PS3 thing?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Don't want to come off as stupid, but here goes. What do you mean by trophies? I'm on an iPad, is this only a PS3 thing?
Trophies are the PS3's equivalent of the Xbox 360's achievements. Basically as you complete pre-defined goals in various games on either system, you collect different trophies (PS3) or achievements (360), which are displayed along with your other info on PSN or XBox Live. The 360 goes a little further and assigns "GamerScore" values to the various achievements and displays your total score as well.

I've always thought these kinds of things a bit silly and I don't pay them much mind, but some people are obsessed with the status of having a full trophy case or a high GamerScore.

Ultimetalhead

Jun 13, 2012
Spoiler alert: There will be 6 trophies. For each table, there will be 3 trophies.

1. Beat a top 5 high score.
2. Beat the standard goals.
3. Beat the wizard goals.

If the lack of these trophies is seriously a dealbreaker, I don't even know what to say.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
Trophies are the PS3's equivalent of the Xbox 360's achievements. Basically as you complete pre-defined goals in various games on either system, you collect different trophies (PS3) or achievements (360), which are displayed along with your other info on PSN or XBox Live. The 360 goes a little further and assigns "GamerScore" values to the various achievements and displays your total score as well.

I've always thought these kinds of things a bit silly and I don't pay them much mind, but some people are obsessed with the status of having a full trophy case or a high GamerScore.

i partialy agree about the silliness...

some games, i'm realy proud of having achieved all the goals... example out run online arcade... not that easy to get all the achievments...

and for tpa also... getting the ripleys atlantis and frog frenzy was not very easy, other goals werent so hard... well maybe the 750k score on the lower playfield on black hole...

but i digress...

achievments/trophies are there to show how much you 'cared' about/played a particular game and also shows you what can be done in a game... sometimes not so obvious stuff... like finishing a level in shinobi without using the shurikens but only melee, which really gives you a big bonus at the end of a level...

and some people offcourse play any kind of a crap game, just so they can boast with their total gamerscore afterwards :)

DarthVonDoom

Jun 13, 2012
I never said it was a dealbreaker for me. I'm more of a Pinball fan than I am a trophy fan so I'm going to buy every tables no matter what. But still I think it's a shame if the DLC tables don't have the same trophies that those that came with the game. And yes there is some gamers that won't buy a game if there is no trophies or achievements and I really want Farsight to keep releasing new tables, so they need all the money they can get. I think it would be unwise not to take the extra time to add them.

Last edited:

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
I never said it was a dealbreaker for me. I'm more of a Pinball fan than I am a trophy fan so I'm going to buy every tables no matter what. But still I think it's a shame if the DLC tables don't have the same trophies that those that came with the game. And yes there is some gamers that won't buy a game if there is no trophies or achievements and I really want Farsight to keep releasing new tables, so they need all the money they can get. I think it would be unwise not to take the extra time to add them.

I will not be purchasing this DLC because of 1. the crazy amount of time it was delayed only to find out that 2. I'm not getting the same value proposition I received when buying the core pack... (4 tables, 12 trophies for 10 dollars vs 4 tables and NO trophies for same price...)

doesn't make sense imho

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I will not be purchasing this DLC because of 1. the crazy amount of time it was delayed only to find out that 2. I'm not getting the same value proposition I received when buying the core pack... (4 tables, 12 trophies for 10 dollars vs 4 tables and NO trophies for same price...)

doesn't make sense imho

That's great!

Ultimetalhead

Jun 13, 2012

doesn't make sense imho
You're right. It makes no sense at all. Make the little "bling" sound every time you complete the goals I listed in my previous post, and you will effectively be getting the same effect.

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
Maybe they'll be available when the PS3 versions of these tables will be released? I love collecting trophies, getting all of them on TPA was a lot harder than WPHOF.

Actionball

Banned
May 23, 2012
On the scale of relative problems I'm not sure that forgetting to include the scratch and sniff stickers is a big deal.

Maybe if the DLC was out for the consoles, if critical features like nudge worked on phones, if the update hadn't dialed back the graphic quality on Vita to the Game Gear era, if little things like flipper spacing was correct, if.......

While Im pissed they haven't released the DLC on ps3 Im starting to think that Sony and MS have a very valid reason for this. If a developer shipped me something this buggy and unpolished and wanted it on my store I would laugh. The mobile policy of not checking to see if anything even works does have drawbacks.

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
Well, the PSN store dared to release the Doctor Who game "The Eternity Clock" a few weeks ago, though. One of the buggiest/glitchiest things I've played in a long while. So it can't be just that.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Whilst the lack of trophies is not a deal breaker for me, it definitely does not give me a positive view of FS. If they were unable to do it due to Sony's restrictions that is fine, just come out and say it so that we know never to expect any trophies in the future. However, if there was the option to include new Trophies and they chose not to, then that is really disappointing and seems to be very lazy.

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
Whilst the lack of trophies is not a deal breaker for me, it definitely does not give me a positive view of FS. If they were unable to do it due to Sony's restrictions that is fine, just come out and say it so that we know never to expect any trophies in the future. However, if there was the option to include new Trophies and they chose not to, then that is really disappointing and seems to be very lazy.

there are no restrictions.. plenty of dlc released on psn has trophies.. sony makes everyone put trophies in their game, but leaves dlc trophies optional i believe..

Microsoft on the other hand demands that all content has achievements.. This is why you will see the 360 version w/ cheevos...

ps3/vita owners treated like ****

kaw143

Jun 18, 2012
I must admit I was a little disappointed when I didn't hear a trophy pop when I met the table goals in Bride of Pinbot, but only a little. I'm of two minds about trophies. I see their appeal, but some part of me thinks of them as busy work that gets in the way of just enjoying the game. I might feel differently if I were somewhat better at earning them, I suppose. :rolleyes: Still, not a dealbreaker. I'm just thrilled at being able to play the tables. I don't really care about my gamer level...

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts