Favorite EM Zaccs

74-89

May 2, 2014
Which Zaccaria EMs would everyone most like to see in the Zaccaria Pinball app?

The way I figure it we have 8 slots. After Spooky should come Star's Phoenix (or New Star's Phoenix), and I would very much like to see Strike in its SS incarnation if it is to be included in this collection. If not, then it could still be the 9th EM. It was an important table for them but I don't think I'd like the EM version as much as the SS.

Anyway, the oldest Zaccaria table that really grabs me by its look is Lucky Fruit from 1975 - the artwork is exceptional, and for me it's the earliest table I think goes beyond being merely great. It looks yummy, very tasty indeed, so that's where my list begins.

Roughly chronological and not in order of favorites, not sure which of these looks best. I want 'em all:

Lucky Fruit
Moon Flight
Ten Stars
Wood's Queen
Aerobatics
Nautilus
Combat
Supersonic

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Of course I have not played any of theses. But I really like the look and rules for Nautilus.
The other I want is Strike. I've always enjoyed bowling themed pins, even though I am not a bowler.
Those are the two I'm most excited about.

Maybe Circus too. One of the guys on the Pinball Podcast has one and I'd like to try it.

Last edited:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Looking at pics close, Nautilus and Combat have the same layout. Which brings up what table has better art/theme? Im leaning Nautilus, but both are awesome imo.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Looking at pics close, Nautilus and Combat have the same layout. Which brings up what table has better art/theme? Im leaning Nautilus, but both are awesome imo.

that's a bummer. Combat looks more exciting to me. but the gameplay looks cool regardless which table. i like the layout.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
if you look at the pic, Nautilus is missing the spinner that Combat has in the upper middle of the play field.

RIMG0166.jpeg

74-89

May 2, 2014
If I have to chose one it would be Nautilus. Seems to be the rarer table, and the art looks really cool. The artwork on each is completely different, so this is not just a different backglass image as with Ten Stars/Universe. I finally chose Ten Stars because it is the original, and the backglass is marginally cooler, though that was a tough call - Universe has the retro-charm advantage. Either way, the playfield would be nearly identical.

Combat/Nautilus has the same playfield with a different image. If we get really lucky, ASK could implement switching from one image to the other for a 2-in-1. I've seen it done with VP tables but I don't know how difficult that is to script.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
The only two left, not already mentioned in this thread and without a 'Williams' logo or a duplicate playfield are Cine Star and Red Show. That makes 10 EMs.

Lucky Fruit
Moon Flight
Ten Stars
Wood's Queen
Aerobatics
Supersonic
Combat and or Nautilus
Circus
Red Show
Cine Star

Id be real happy to get them all, picking 9 best is tough. The least appealing to me is Cine Star. Anyone know of others? What 9 do you like best?

*Edit* looked at the app and if we get Spooky, Stars Phoenix, and Strike to round out the SS, that leaves 9 open slots.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts