Request Customizable Controls

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Didn't they say an update or two back that they had added an L2/R2 option? And then we pointed out that we couldn't find it and they never answered. ; ) So who knows what the deal is with this currently! (Mind you, I could totally be wrong in several ways, I haven't looked through the option screens lately.)

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Didn't they say an update or two back that they had added an L2/R2 option? And then we pointed out that we couldn't find it and they never answered. ; ) So who knows what the deal is with this currently! (Mind you, I could totally be wrong in several ways, I haven't looked through the option screens lately.)

I thought so too.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I am thinking of getting a ps4 soon, mainly for TPA. My friend said that the issue where the ps4 shoulder buttons were getting stuck is fixed on newer controls. I personally think he is full of it. Can anyone confirm this?

dingo99

Apr 16, 2014
I am thinking of getting a ps4 soon, mainly for TPA. My friend said that the issue where the ps4 shoulder buttons were getting stuck is fixed on newer controls. I personally think he is full of it. Can anyone confirm this?
Sony has never said anything about the issue, so it's difficult to confirm/deny if they changed anything. However, there are a number of videos on YouTube about "how to fix sticky PS4 buttons". It's a simple matter of popping out the shoulder buttons with a screwdriver or butter knife, and then cleaning (and optionally lubricating) the plastic posts inside.

That said... Before buying a console for this game, be sure to do your research about the current state of TPA on the PS4. Make sure you're comfortable with the bugs, missing features, missing tables, etc.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
That said... Before buying a console for this game, be sure to do your research about the current state of TPA on the PS4. Make sure you're comfortable with the bugs, missing features, missing tables, etc.

I am familiar with the missing tables issue. I probably wot get one until season 2 and 3 are complete. I dont really care about 3d, friend leaderboards, or tournaments. The only other issue that bothers me is the sound issue. To me, the PS3 version sounds awful. I can't imagine it sounding much worse than that. After the recent ps4 update, how much worse does the ps4 version sound compared to the ps3 version? Are there any other ps4 issues that I am missing?

dingo99

Apr 16, 2014
I am familiar with the missing tables issue. I probably wot get one until season 2 and 3 are complete.
Oh, ok... When you said you might get a PS4 soon, I assumed you meant this year.

To me, the PS3 version sounds awful. I can't imagine it sounding much worse than that. After the recent ps4 update, how much worse does the ps4 version sound compared to the ps3 version?
Take the PS3 version's sound and apply static noise all over it. That's how TPA sounds on the PS4, as of version 1.03. If you want to hear it for yourself, I linked samples in the sound quality thread: post #161 and post #164

Last edited:

dingo99

Apr 16, 2014
I just found the option... it's buried in menus, not necessarily where you'd expect:
Launch TPA (but don't bother looking in "Options" on the main screen)
Load the table of your choice (but don't bother looking in "Game Setup")
Select "Table Menu" then "Help & Options" (but don't bother looking in "Controls")
Select "Settings", and there you will find the "Flipper Control" option to switch to L2/R2

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I just found the option... it's buried in menus, not necessarily where you'd expect:
Launch TPA (but don't bother looking in "Options" on the main screen)
Load the table of your choice (but don't bother looking in "Game Setup")
Select "Table Menu" then "Help & Options" (but don't bother looking in "Controls")
Select "Settings", and there you will find the "Flipper Control" option to switch to L2/R2
Aha! Thanks for checking. ^_^

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Aha! Thanks for checking. ^_^

Why in the world did they make it so you have to switch it in the option instead of simply making both the bumpers and triggers work at all times.
They actually thought it needed an option for this instead of simply making it work? And why didn't they make the face buttons/d-pad able to control the flippers while they were at it?

Ridiculous.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Well, on Black Knight for instance L2/R2 activates the Magna-Save. Not saying their handling of control schemes is ideal by any stretch, mind you. ; )

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Well, on Black Knight for instance L2/R2 activates the Magna-Save. Not saying their handling of control schemes is ideal by any stretch, mind you. ; )

It seems to me that magna-save or auto launch buttons would be better off simply being the X button.

Iain

Jul 28, 2012
I would like to see customizable controls for PS4.

For me I would like to be able to move nudge to the right thumb stick and play the same control set up I have on PC. Had I known the controls couldnt be customized I dont think I would have bought TPA on PS4 as the control set up makes this pretty unplayable for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts