So how broken are today's tables?

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
High Roller and Lights, Camera etc...

I keep telling myself that I won't give these guys anymore money because they keep feeding us broken, buggy half-assed product on purpose.
But at the same time I almost can't help myself and usually buy it anyway.

Soooo, Anyone tried them yet? Do they actually function properly? Worth re-installing the game and tables again to try them?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I can't say I favor Season 3 over the first two for its selection of tables, but as far as quality goes, it's far superior these days. The move to 1 table per month really helped.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
There's a Dracula?
All it shows for me is High Roller and LCA and the last ones were whodunit, bk2k, high speed, black rose, fish tales and... something else weren't they?

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I just noticed that neither of you have Vita listed as a platform so I'm thinking you guys are referring to different versions.
The Vita version in particular is even more of a glitchy wreck then the other platforms. Tables that look and work fine elsewhere may not on Vita. I should have specified this topic was directed specifically at the Vita version.

Thanks for the replies though!

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
I just noticed that neither of you have Vita listed as a platform so I'm thinking you guys are referring to different versions.
The Vita version in particular is even more of a glitchy wreck then the other platforms. Tables that look and work fine elsewhere may not on Vita. I should have specified this topic was directed specifically at the Vita version.

Thanks for the replies though!
Ah ha. I should have noticed that this was the Vita forum. I thought it was strange that you asked "if anyone had tried them yet".

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Season 3 is pretty good on the Vita. The only big issue is the Plunger/Magna Save bug on BK2K.

Last edited:

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Season 3 is pretty good on the Vita. The only big issue is the Plunger/Magna Save bug on BK2K.

And the is flat out broken on Black Rose.
So I bought these new tables (God help me), but I haven't been able to bring myself to even launch the game and try them. Maybe I'll go do the dishes instead.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
And the is flat out broken on Black Rose.
So I bought these new tables (God help me), but I haven't been able to bring myself to even launch the game and try them. Maybe I'll go do the dishes instead.

The plunger is? You must play in portrait.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Ah yeah, I meant plunger... not sure how I missed an entire word there. It will only auto fire so you can't actually make the skillshot.
Did the dishes, vacuumed and did some other weekend chores. Thought about playing this, but played TitanFall and Murasaki baby instead.

Still not sure I want to try these tables.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
OK. Tried them aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand...
They look pretty great and seem to play great too! Woohoo! So far no game killing bugs or broken plunger issues or sound drops etc...
I was hoping since they fixed the Centaur sound that maybe they had fixed the Black Rose plunger, but unfortunately it's still borked. Oh well.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I would so love to be able to play in portrait, but without physical controls I just don't care for it. I really prefer how the tables look in portrait as the Vita screen is just a touch too small for landscape, but the physical controls are just too good. Hopefully improved portrait controls are coming soon. Zen nailed it. The PHoF collection on PSP(which for some odd reason I sold) got it right.

I still think the back panel would be great for the plunger. Drag it up and down for manual plunger tables, tap it for plunger button tables, and you could still have the on-screen button for Magna Save, Gun Triggers, and other tables that have those features without using up the analog stick for nudging.

Fingers crossed.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014

I've come across that issue occasionally on iOS but it's certainly not as bad as chucking .50 (or more) into a machine and having one flipper not work etc.... ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.