Kick in' It With FarSight Interview

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
http://www.4colorrebellion.com/arch...n-it-with-farsight-studios-the-addams-family/

4cr: The campaign started strong, which makes us think of stretch goals. For previous campaigns, all extra funds have gone to pay for part of the licensing costs for the next table to Kickstart, but for The Addams Family there are two licenses that haven’t been secured for the likeness of Christopher Lloyd and for Jimmy Workman. Could these two be stretch goals for The Addams Family Kickstarter, or is it more a case of “both actors have been contacted but have decided not to be part of this project”?

They aren’t opposed to the project. These two likeness releases could potentially be stretch goals, however, both of these actors (well their agent in the case of Lloyd) want an amount that we don’t think is reasonable for what is barely even their likeness. There’s an additional problem that several of the licenses/actors have what’s known as “Most Favored Nation” clauses. This means that no one can be paid more than them for this project. If we pay Lloyd what his agent wants, that increase gets multiplied a few times over. If you think that’s fair, let me know – because we think it’s ridiculous.

Another good, but short, interview.

The media juggernaut is in full swing.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Give me redrawn likenesses, any day. Keep the cash for something more important.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Not sure if FS would be allowed to do this, but I would find it interesting if they tried to see how much the license would be to add the face of Jackie Coogan, the original
Uncle Fester from the tv series.

It's a shame some of these actors feel they need so much money for their face or likeness and just can't enjoy that they will get a check for saying yes.

The following message is for Lloyd and Workman,

http://youtu.be/ymPpIzaanhY

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
It's apparently Lloyd's agent who is the problem.

I can almost guarantee that. I work in Hollywood and around actors. You wouldn't believe how many times they've mentioned something was kept from them because their agent didn't think they'd be interested.

I mentioned it to Jared the other day in the chat room. Let's just say the offer to Lloyd was for $10,000 plus residuals (whatever those would work out to be with TPA). Agent takes his 10%, which is only $1000. He probably figured it wasn't even worth his time, let alone the time to get Lloyd on the phone and set up everything else.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
I can almost guarantee that. I work in Hollywood and around actors. You wouldn't believe how many times they've mentioned something was kept from them because their agent didn't think they'd be interested.

I mentioned it to Jared the other day in the chat room. Let's just say the offer to Lloyd was for $10,000 plus residuals (whatever those would work out to be with TPA). Agent takes his 10%, which is only $1000. He probably figured it wasn't even worth his time, let alone the time to get Lloyd on the phone and set up everything else.

It's sad.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014

Agents have a fiduciary duty to bring all legitimate deals to their client. So this would be incorrect.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
You know what I mean.

that it's a theory that his agent isn't giving him info about Farsight's basically free money, which would literally take 10 minutes of his life to deal with? yes that is indeed a theory. His agent needing to tell him of all legitimate offers to his client is not a theory. the agent can have his license taken away.

the more likely theory is that Llyod thinks his likeness on the play field is worth more than Raul Julia's voice in the game and he would be mistaken.

Llyod's not in the game because llyod doesn't want to be in the game for the money offered.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
that it's a theory that his agent isn't giving him info about Farsight's basically free money, which would literally take 10 minutes of his life to deal with? yes that is indeed a theory. His agent needing to tell him of all legitimate offers to his client is not a theory. the agent can have his license taken away.

the more likely theory is that Llyod thinks his likeness on the play field is worth more than Raul Julia's voice in the game and he would be mistaken.

Llyod's not in the game because llyod doesn't want to be in the game for the money offered.

OK.

karl

May 10, 2012
I understand how it works but I still find it a bit strange(in general) that actors get paid for the using of a movie property picture a second time for the same product.
Voice calls or extra work, sure but a small picture of them taken from or based on a movie should belong to the movie company at least if the actor has agreed to it once already, like the original addams pinball machine.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I understand how it works but I still find it a bit strange(in general) that actors get paid for the using of a movie property picture a second time for the same product.
Voice calls or extra work, sure but a small picture of them taken from or based on a movie should belong to the movie company at least if the actor has agreed to it once already, like the original addams pinball machine.

the issue is in the language of the original contract. no one foresaw streaming and other basic digital things we have today. so the language is a loop hole. contracts these days literally say "throughout the universe". no joke. THE UNIVERSE. The writers strike in hollywood several years ago dealt with some of this because no one had thought about streaming or even dvd sales when doing contracts and studios obviously weren't going to concede a deal point they didn't have to.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts