BlahCade Podcast #12 - The Extraordinarily Awkward Pause

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
It's the penultimate episode before our 1 year anniversary!

On deck this podcast, shutyertrap, Jeff Strong, jaredmorgs, and Sean DonCarlos (he lives!). We get into some reactions to podcast #11's interview with Bobby, shutyertrap goes off on idiot Redbox customers, Sean gets us Lost in the Zone once more with a look at Bram Stoker's Dracula. 50+ tables in TPA are celebrated with a few categories of awards (virtual) and our first ever contest is announced (real!). Random other bits are also included, as is a new avatar theme for you all to switch to.

About the contest, you will need a Twitter account to enter @BlahCade and tag it with #BlahCaders. For that matter, hash tag us with #BlahCaders in all your social media ventures! Contest requires a minimum of 25 participants and a random drawing will take place in podcast #13.

You can find the download for the podcast here.

If you would like the RSS feed, find it here.

Lastly, for all the Apple junkies, the iTunes version can be found here.

Be social with us!

On Twitter...

• @BlahCade
  • @shutyertraps
  • @jaredmorgs
  • @drecksclown

On Google+

BlahCade Podcast

Via Email

BlahBlahBlahCade@gmail.com

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Will listen to after school. Thanks guys!

(Although, this may conflict due to Legend of Korra Book 4 and my livestream later on.)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Bump!

Apologies to Sean as it seems skype doesn't like him. If anyone knows how to fix the issue where it fades/garbles his mic when other people talk, please let us know.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
So how many of you cats are entering the contest? I wanna see some "hang loose" signs. Post your pics here too as well as twitter 'cause, ya know, I'm lazy :cool:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
WOW those hi-rez sound samples from the tables are totally night-and-day! p.s. why isn't this posted up on the front page yet?? i wouldn't have seen it if i hadn't looked down the subforums list... getting new blahcades is -almost- as good as getting a new table! :)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
p.s. why isn't this posted up on the front page yet?? i wouldn't have seen it if i hadn't looked down the subforums list... getting new blahcades is -almost- as good as getting a new table! :)

PiNWiZ posts to the main page, and he is a very busy guy. He takes care of us though, so it should appear soon. A better way of getting the podcast though is to either subscribe to the RSS feed or go to iTunes and subscribe to us there. Jeff uploads the podcasts and then informs me so I can make the thread post. So the podcast is available to subscribers before I even let you all know a new one is available!

I'm glad you enjoy the BlahCade that much...it's how I feel about recording it!

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
it's an epic one! just finishing it now. i'll add to the parental rating on it - 'call your physician if your game lasts longer than four hours!' (and your phys will simply reply, 'good game!' :)

great stuff as always - i've always been a bit cool on medieval, so i never knew there was a 'rule the kingdom' or whatever on that! i'll have to put some more time into it.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
i've always been a bit cool on medieval, so i never knew there was a 'rule the kingdom' or whatever on that! i'll have to put some more time into it.

You have to collect Catapult, Peasant, Damsel, Joust, and Troll badges, plus destroy all the castles just to start it. Then you are on a timer to do the actual Battle For The Kingdom. Seriously nerve wracking. The 2 times I got to it, my hands were sweating and I went into "don't screw up" mode, which of course means I screwed up immediately.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
yikes! well, there you go, like you guys just talked about in #12 - that's where pro mode's useful for average players like me, lol! :) sounds like a lot more 'work' to get there than the stiff-o-meter! yeah, any table has that kind of mode, where 'anywhere you hit there's points,' to instead 'have to hit this ramp, then that ramp, then that target...' gets nerve-wracking!

it's impressive really to get to play all these different tables, and see how 'the big picture' of pinball play has evolved over time. it was always fun, but with computerized scoring and stacking, and coming up with common arrangements of little areas of targeting, plus the nifty toys and ramps/loops, they've gotten a lot more fun!

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Great job guys! It was good to hear mostly pinball and TPA talk. I was really hoping these podcasts would be mostly things like Lost in the Zone and such, and this was a really good episode.

I have to say that I agree with your guys' awards and the conversation on the KS. Spot on.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Great job guys! It was good to hear mostly pinball and TPA talk. I was really hoping these podcasts would be mostly things like Lost in the Zone and such, and this was a really good episode.

I have to say that I agree with your guys' awards and the conversation on the KS. Spot on.

We try to give a solid pinball episode now and then! Other times we're just talked out on it, and it's fun to go off on other tangents. There are a bunch of pinball podcasts out there, but I think ours is the only one that is predominantly about video pinball. When we talk pinball that is :D

Nice avatar choice by the way!

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012

Glad you liked the Lost in the Zone segment! I always wonder how it's received, since it's the "serious" part of the podcast (as serious as we get, anyway). Trying to keep it from becoming a lecture takes a lot of effort, not just from me but from shutyertrap and Jeff and everyone else, who have no idea where I might be going until I'm already there!

Not sure what the anniversary LITZ next month will bring yet, but I'm sure it'll be something good!

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Just to answer a question that came up (around the 9 min mark). There is no limit on how many steam beta users we can have. Similar to Android.

Also, nice work on the podcast.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts