Anyone else actually find The Black Hole easy?

Craig Booth

Feb 28, 2012
Don't get me wrong, I used to find TBH rock hard and very unforgiving like most players, but now that I'm extremely comfortable on the lower level, it's very easy to keep racking up free balls.

I used to struggle to get over 300K, but now get 1-2M on almost every go, with my highest 2.4M at present.

The routine I have is shooting the ball straight to the lower level, hitting the 3 targets on the right twice, so highlighting the free ball. Then lock the ball on the lower level. Proceed to collect the free ball on the upper level and then work for the multiball and increasing your score. If you lose the ball, work for the extra ball again. As a side note you can have more than one extra ball at the same time, although I don't know the maximum amount of balls you can have in the 'bank'.

Of course it all sounds easy, but the key is to practice on the lower level and start racking up those extra balls!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Right on! That's the strategy I use too.

I think you can have up to 2 extra balls at once, and they are definitely the key to success.

Multiball can be pretty intense, especially when you have balls going on both the upper and lower playfields!

Craig Booth

Feb 28, 2012
Right on! That's the strategy I use too.

I think you can have up to 2 extra balls at once, and they are definitely the key to success.

Multiball can be pretty intense, especially when you have balls going on both the upper and lower playfields!

I find multiball harder on this tablet than any other, it's so fast and also keeping an eye on both levels at the same time, I just find myself flipper mashing like the missus does on one ball!

N

Nik Barbour

Nice strategy! Just trippled my previous best!
I'm still a very long way off 2.4m though! - thanks for the tip!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
My best so far is 1.3 million, so I have a ways to go too, but I can't get enough of The Black Hole.....such a good table.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
This table will remain easier than the real table until they fix the flipper bug on the bottom playfield that lets you keep the ball in play by spamming the flippers.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
This table will remain easier than the real table until they fix the flipper bug on the bottom playfield that lets you keep the ball in play by spamming the flippers.

Yeah, I've been resisting the temptation to exploit that.

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
I'm at a half million too, and that's way higher than my average BH score. Jeff and Craig, your scores are amazing. I tried concentrating on the lower play field still suck so far. I'm just going to keep hammering at it until I hopefully improve.

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
I’ve been struggling with this table for weeks but I finally made more than 1 million points yesterday. Once you know how to hit the upper level drop targets it becomes a lot easier.. ;)

FurVid

Feb 20, 2012
Here's my strategy:

first goal is to light upper capture hole by completing the spot targets. Can hit at least some of these from all flippers. If ball is on right flipper and only lower spot targets needed, can hit to capture hole and then flip cross-table from upper left.

if ball goes to lower level before above is done, can either lock in capture hole or try to open gate and deliberately drain. too risky to just play the balls out down there when work is still needed on upper level. It is good though to complete right three-bank a couple times to light extra ball on the upper level - then hit from upper right flipper after letting ball drain with gate open. That's probably the easiest extra ball - usually get that one several times a game.

don't start multiball until at least one of BLACK or HOLE is completed. send balls to lower level as much as possible during multi ball. perhaps completing upper drops if not done yet and one is close.

once back down to one ball try to complete BLACK or HOLE if both aren't done yet and one is close. Otherwise just keep going to lower level and try to get 5x bonus and as much lower level bonus as possible. This point (when back down to one ball after multi ball) is about the only time in the game in which I feel I can just go for points, since it's not possible to start a new multi ball until after drain.

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
Thanks for the advice. I finally beat my high on BH of about 550,000 but only by about 30,000 points heheh. I cant seem to purposely knock down the upper drop targets in order. Working on it though.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts