PS Vita First Impressions ...

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
May I begin by saying that a little while back I had the opportunity to play this table in real life for first time in a bar / restaurant called Enids in Brooklyn, NY. I made a special trip there after learning on the Internet that my bride to be was in waiting for me there. It was a wonderful experience and I made a post about it under the Real Pinball posting area on this forum.

Needless to say, I was excited it was coming to TPA and now that it is here I am very pleased with it on my Vita. When I played it real life, I never got to the Metamorphosis phase of the game and in that one night alone, in under three hours, I must have spent at least $15 on my bride to be. Having said that, we all know that playing video pinball is easier than real pinball, and to be honest, I am happy about that!

My first time I played Bride of Pin*Bot, directly after downloading it, I made it through the Metamorphosis Phase and looked into the beautiful green eyes of my lady, with her blond hair flowing down the sides of her face ... a nice moment and something I was unable to accomplish in real life. In that first game I was able to score over 54,000,000 ... and I cut the game short purposely as i had to get ready for work. May I say that I have not been able to top that score since.

The table itself is beautiful all around ... nice artwork, nice light shows, and excellent sound. I was happy the sound was so good on the Vita and I could actually hear what everyone was saying. This is a downright sexy table ... with the bride saying things like yes, yes, yes as you hit the loops, even her laugh is taunting and sexy, and the fear she places in Pin*Bot when she says "I can speak" and he says "oh no" is funny. When he asks how do I look and she just laughs, is sexy and teasing.

As far as gameplay is concerned, many say the table is all about the shuttle ramp and just repeatedly hitting it, without much else to do. But I am finding plenty of things enjoyable about the table ... trying to hit the skill shot, which I have not nailed down consistently yet ... Nailing the heart ramp repeatedly to rack up my score and get an a nice extra ball ... flipping the ball up into the bumpers to advance the bumper multiplier ... trying to get ramp combos ... spinning the small wheel by going up the left lane ... for me, its just a fun and sexy table and I love it.

It is not as easy as it appears though because goof up on trying to shoot at something from the flippers and that silver ball bounces right back at you with alacrity and vengeance! If you do not nail a ramp or lane, you are in trouble for sure as the ball hits the rubber between ramps and lanes and fires back at your causing you to fumble and try and regroup.

This table and The Back Hole are my two favorite tables for now, and I just can't get enough of them.

I know all the rules for The Black Hole and it looks like out of all the tables I have (6) this is the next one I will study the rule sheet on.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Great to hear, man. I'm glad you're having a nice honeymoon.

Yeah, this table is right up there near the top of my favorites too. Her laugh is simply intoxicating.

Looking forward to meeting you in the Billionaire's Club. I'll be waiting at the bar. :)

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
I can not wait to pop that Billion Cherry with my new bride, sadly enough, I know I won't be the first to do it as it seems my little lady has been around the block a few times!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I can not wait to pop that Billion Cherry with my new bride, sadly enough, I know I won't be the first to do it as it seems my little lady has been around the block a few times!

Aye, and even multiple times in one sitting for some of the lads around here (not to worry though: she's no worse for the wear!).......but I haven't been that lucky yet. I have hit the Billion on two separate occasions though. It's a spectacular feeling, as you'll see soon enough.

It's fun on my iPad, but I'm dying to have her on my PS3 too.

Last edited:

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
I am loving my playtime on BoP so far. Hopefully they will get a patch out really quick to fix all of the unacceptable graphical bugs that were introduced into the entire game such as the lack of transparency on the Pinbot mini-pf. I have found the gameplay to be a speck to easy so far with a top score of just over 4,000,000. However with a little more practice I am sure I will be able to get that to 10+ billion. Does anybody know if this table suffers from the same rollover problems as others do and at what point this happens?

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
I popped that Billion Cherry today with my bride on a crowded Q train in NYC ... GLORIOUS !!! As I popped it, the announcement of the train came on ... A crowded subway is no excuse for unlawful sexual conduct, if you have been the victim of a sexual crime or think you witnessed one, contact an MTA employee or a police officer .... and that is no joke folks .... I laughed out loud on the train and people looked at me .... funny ...

@ crush .... my other favorite table is the Black Hole, and compared to that, all the other tables are easy in a sense ... if you are talking about point scores ... all the other tables, including BOP are easy .... but of all the HIGH SCORING tables so far, this one has my attention! and DIVORCE is out of the question ... I don't care if she cheats on me!

As for what glitches are in the game, I don't know enough about the real pin table, I only played it one night and never got that far.

I do look forward to the transparency fix though.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Hahaha, great timing! Congrats, man :)

Btw, I think you'll also like Gorgar and probably Funhouse too.

Last edited:

JCChaconJr

Jul 10, 2012
I have to agree that this table is awesome in so many ways, and the presentation on PS Vita is awesome!

I haven't gotten as far with the goals as I have on my iPhone, but I'll catch up. I've been SOOO close to completing my last wizard goal... 3 times!!! Alas, when I've needed the excellent aim that I usually have for the Heart loop ramp, I've failed miserably to get that Billion point shot. :( Oh well, I'll keep trying!

Members online

Members online