• Black Rose

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Pirates of the Caribbean

Votes: 18 58.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captain Rumwood

Apr 25, 2012
I've only played Hook but the other two: Pirates of the Caribbean and Black Rose look pretty cool.

Choose your favorite and tell us why and which one(s) would you like to be added to The Pinball Arcade.

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
POTC is the best because it has the deepest rule set, and the best sound and animation. BR is pretty dull with it's simple rules and sparse, generic sounds (a victim of being pre-DCS).
POTC is the only one I've played IRL. The others I've only played in VP.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Haven't played Hook but played POTC but the table wasn't in great working condition. The left Flipper kept sticking and there were other issues. Then again if you're talking about Pirate tables is that real tables or simulated. What about Buccaneer by Zen?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Hook is pretty fun. The machine near me plays nice and fast. I'd probably rather have POTC though.

But heck, bring them all!

Last edited:

Moon Jump

Apr 19, 2012
PotC by a country mile, then Black Rose and Hook. I was watching some of the gameplay videos the guys over at PAPA do and for Hook they just kept shooting the one main ramp and were able to build millions over and over again, so it doesn't look like there's much to it. I have't played it in a while, so I couldn't tell for sure. It would also be easy to get since none of the major actors likenesses are on the game. Any pictures of Peter Pan have a really smooshed face like they had to blur it out because Robin Williams said no.

Captain Rumwood

Apr 25, 2012
POTC is the best because it has the deepest rule set, and the best sound and animation. BR is pretty dull with it's simple rules and sparse, generic sounds (a victim of being pre-DCS).
POTC is the only one I've played IRL. The others I've only played in VP.

I'm a huge POTC fan and I've been dying to play that table either live or through VP. I've had problems with VP because my computer is old and will have to download again on the new computer when I get the money to buy it. I hope FarSight picks up the POTC license. I wouldn't mind a Pirate DLC pack that includes all three.

Haven't played Hook but played POTC but the table wasn't in great working condition. The left Flipper kept sticking and there were other issues. Then again if you're talking about Pirate tables is that real tables or simulated. What about Buccaneer by Zen?

Haven't had the opportunity of playing Buccaneer by Zen. Is it available for PS3?

Hook is pretty fun. The machine near me plays nice and fast. I'd probably rather have POTC though.

But heck, bring them all!

Amen brotha.

PotC by a country mile, then Black Rose and Hook. I was watching some of the gameplay videos the guys over at PAPA do and for Hook they just kept shooting the one main ramp and were able to build millions over and over again, so it doesn't look like there's much to it. I have't played it in a while, so I couldn't tell for sure. It would also be easy to get since none of the major actors likenesses are on the game. Any pictures of Peter Pan have a really smooshed face like they had to blur it out because Robin Williams said no.

Both Hook and Black Rose have the advantage of not having likenesses on the games which would make it easier for FS to do. I hope both make it on TPA. As for POTC, I would pledge $100 on a kickstarter. I've read so much about the game and watched it on Youtube and it looks real fun to play.

WarHawkEye

Jun 12, 2012
I played the hell outta Black Rose back in college. I played it almost as often as I played The Addams Family back then because they had one in pristine condition conveniently located in the dorm next to mine. I could not get enough of shooting broadsides with the cannon under the playfield. It had fun video modes, two good ramps, some clever pathways for the ball to follow, and a sexy/tough lady-pirate voice. "Give 'em a broadside!"

Captain Rumwood

Apr 25, 2012
I played the hell outta Black Rose back in college. I played it almost as often as I played The Addams Family back then because they had one in pristine condition conveniently located in the dorm next to mine. I could not get enough of shooting broadsides with the cannon under the playfield. It had fun video modes, two good ramps, some clever pathways for the ball to follow, and a sexy/tough lady-pirate voice. "Give 'em a broadside!"

I really hope we get all three tables from FarSight. I haven't had the opportunity of playing Black Rose live, but I hope I get a chance through TPA in the near future.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Bobby King mentioned in an interview today that Black Rose is a table that is being looked at for a future release but not yet on the schedule. I'm guessing it would be a table for year 2.

Captain Rumwood

Apr 25, 2012
Bobby King mentioned in an interview today that Black Rose is a table that is being looked at for a future release but not yet on the schedule. I'm guessing it would be a table for year 2.

Awesome! That is great news. I hope they do consider POTC and/or Hook for a future DLC pack.

PinHead4Life

Jun 22, 2012

Coolness!

Awesome! That is great news. I hope they do consider POTC and/or Hook for a future DLC pack.

While the PotC table is very fun and one I would be thrilled to see in TPA I think it would have to be one of the most expensive tables to bring to life because of licenses.

Captain Rumwood

Apr 25, 2012
Coolness!

While the PotC table is very fun and one I would be thrilled to see in TPA I think it would have to be one of the most expensive tables to bring to life because of licenses.

The licenses could be expensive, but I think we might have a shot with a Kickstarter. We got Twilight Zone and I'm sure Star Trek: The Next Generation will reach the funding goal. I think that if FarSight does another Kickstarter like the Twilight Zone/Star Trek: The Next Generation, which are two fan favorites there's a good chance we could get PotC.

I would really like to have all three pirate themed tables for TPA, but if I had to choose one, I would definitely choose PotC.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
POTC for me. People rip the callouts but they don't bother me. And the pirate ship might be the best Stern toy ever.
If you are into EMs look for Buccaneer or Ship Ahoy (the add a ball version). A very good Gottlieb from 1976.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts