Marvel tables half price this week

Martin Rusby

Nov 6, 2012
Zen have a half price sale on all Marvel tables on mobile devices for 1 week.Good chance to get any tables you may be missing

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I see a bunch of Marvel tables in the Zen app... but no Spider-Man. :(

Due to contract restraints, they could only release the table out in the Marvel Pinball app for mobile devices. It was a loop hole that they discovered and it was the sole reason why they released out Marvel Pinball as a standalone app. Otherwise, the table would have never appeared on mobile. This was what Zen said when they released out the Marvel Pinball standalone app last year.

TripleT

Sep 23, 2012
Aha... thanks.

Do you know if there's a way to restore my previous purchases in the Zen app inside the Marvel app?

First attempt said that I had no tables to restore.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Do you know if there's a way to restore my previous purchases in the Zen app inside the Marvel app?.
I don't believe so. The tables act independently between the two apps from what I was told.

If I was in your shoes, I would just buy the Marvel Pinball app (comes with Avengers table) and the Spider-Man table and just stick with the Zen Pinball app for the rest.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I don't believe so. The tables act independently between the two apps from what I was told.

If I was in your shoes, I would just buy the Marvel Pinball app (comes with Avengers table) and the Spider-Man table and just stick with the Zen Pinball app for the rest.

It sorta sucks I had the same problem.

World war hulk, thor, xmen, guardians of the Galaxy, iron man are also good. The only tables I actively dislike are civil war (unless you like your tables preachy) and dead pool. The rest are fun. And the voice acting is usually pretty good, except for dead pool and thanos.

If you like the zen style the star wars tables are great, especially Han Solo, tie fighter/x-wing and return of the Jedi. The zen original tables are all half the price of brand tables and a lot of fun. Specifically tesla and epic quest. The free table is really good too.

I didn't care for walking dead.

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
Bought FF and Dr Strange last night. Pretty cool. Also bought Spider-Man a couple of weeks ago. Thye're really hard. Don't think I've completed a task on purpose yet on any of them. Had much better Luck with Sorcerer's Lair. Very pretty effects and good fun. I might check out some of their other self-made tables based on how much I like this one.

So, good tables, I think. I wish there were better viewing angle options, but I feel that way about nearly every table in every collection!

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
I have all of the Marvel tables already and really enjoy them! I find that I play them way more often than any of the Zen originals or Star Wars tables. I hope you enjoy the Dr Strange table JefferyD it's one of my personal favorites and I like the high scoring in it.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I have all of the Marvel tables already and really enjoy them! I find that I play them way more often than any of the Zen originals or Star Wars tables. I hope you enjoy the Dr Strange table JefferyD it's one of my personal favorites and I like the high scoring in it.

Eaton, what do you think the key to a good game on Dr. Strange is? it's a gorgeous table but it hasn't grabbed me completely yet.

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
Eaton! Yeah, Strange is the best Zen table in my (still small) collection. I don't think I've got much of a high-scoring problem on it, tho. I have one 28 mil game and the rest are below 5. I don't know what I did to get the 28, but it was my second attempt; no doubt it was one of those beginner's luck deals that are so annoying. I thought I was a natural.

Bought Tesla last night, and it's alright but it's hard to see what's going on with all those wire ramps. Having trouble seeing where the ball is going unless I'm using the overhead view, which I don't don't do well with at all. Still like it, tho. Definitely worth a buck.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Personally I don't care for any of the Zen Classics. Most of their themes make no sense, their callouts are ungrammatical, and their rules are just ridiculous. For instance, in V12, "completing" the game means completing 5 near-impossible tasks 5 times each, yet the wizard mode is just a glorified Test Run Frenzy. And Shaman's objective priorities are just... Wow. (Animation for 10k drum score but not even the score for the Jackpot?)

I have been playing tables in the game with deep rules that really make me think about what I should do next. I don't want to flail a ball around a playfield with impossible-to-hit targets, I want to play a game that is easy to get into and easy to enter the flow. In other words, I have been primarily playing Biolab, Starfighter Assault, Empire Strikes Back, and other tables that have insane depth to them.

About Dr. Strange: Personally I think the table is one of Zen's worst works yet. Sure there is a lot of missions and objectives to complete, but the layout is as bland as a White Russian. Just a normal fan layout. No gimmicks or toys like in Fear Itself or Secrets of the Deep, just a straightforward fan layout. Even the missions are nothing new, they are mostly based off the mission structure in one of my favorite Zen tables, Mars. Also super-unfair right outlane drains. I haven't played this table in forever but I might give it another try, too busy playing Deadpool and Han Solo at the moment. (Yes, I do have a newfound appreciation for the latter).

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Captain, what would you say is the best Marvel table?

Shaman agree 100%. But I love the soundtrack.

How are you liking Deadpool? I want to like it but I just can't get into it. Any strategy tips?

I hear what you're saying on Doctor strange. When I meant gorgeous I mean it looks nice. Not necessarily the layout. Maybe that's why it hasn't grabbed me.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Captain, what would you say is the best Marvel table?

Shaman agree 100%. But I love the soundtrack.

How are you liking Deadpool? I want to like it but I just can't get into it. Any strategy tips?

I hear what you're saying on Doctor strange. When I meant gorgeous I mean it looks nice. Not necessarily the layout. Maybe that's why it hasn't grabbed me.

Best Marvel table... Hmm, hard to decide. Can't really narrow it down to one table but I have been playing Infinity Gauntlet a lot. Maybe it's the realistic rules and good layout that attract me. Maybe it's the variety of modes. Maybe it's just the theme (I purchased the actual Infinty Gauntlet comic due to my love of this table BTW). Nevertheless it is a great table.

Deadpool, to many people, is a bit of a mixed bag. The theme is personal taste, I love Deadpool as a character and I think he would make a good choice for a wild and chaotic pinball machine. My strategy is to either stack up a ton of Multiball modes together (there are 3 available: Hydra, Katana, and Hellhouse that can be stacked a la BSD) or complete the main missions and get to the wizard mode. While the side missions are pretty fun there isn't much risk / reward, just time them out if you get them started. However if the side mission is a multiball you might as well go through with it.

BTW favorite Star Wars table WAS Empire Strikes Back but I have lately been playing a lot of Han Solo due to it's ruleset and features. Basically what would happen if someone mixed Cirqus Voltaire, Terminator 2, Johnny Mnemonic, and steroids into a blender. While some mechanics are frustrating, the table can still be ranked in my personal top 5.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Best Marvel table... Hmm, hard to decide. Can't really narrow it down to one table but I have been playing Infinity Gauntlet a lot. Maybe it's the realistic rules and good layout that attract me. Maybe it's the variety of modes. Maybe it's just the theme (I purchased the actual Infinty Gauntlet comic due to my love of this table BTW). Nevertheless it is a great table.

Deadpool, to many people, is a bit of a mixed bag. The theme is personal taste, I love Deadpool as a character and I think he would make a good choice for a wild and chaotic pinball machine. My strategy is to either stack up a ton of Multiball modes together (there are 3 available: Hydra, Katana, and Hellhouse that can be stacked a la BSD) or complete the main missions and get to the wizard mode. While the side missions are pretty fun there isn't much risk / reward, just time them out if you get them started. However if the side mission is a multiball you might as well go through with it.

BTW favorite Star Wars table WAS Empire Strikes Back but I have lately been playing a lot of Han Solo due to it's ruleset and features. Basically what would happen if someone mixed Cirqus Voltaire, Terminator 2, Johnny Mnemonic, and steroids into a blender. While some mechanics are frustrating, the table can still be ranked in my personal top 5.

Infinity Gauntlet was a great read. it's what the marvel movies seem to be building towards.

I hate the voice of deadpool. so it turns me off to the table, but i do like the change of pace of the tone. That's why i can forgive GotG it's faults, cause it's fun. I'll have to try stacking the multiballs in deadpool.

Han Solo would also be in my personal top five of all time tables, period. maybe top three. i had to stop playing it cause i'd take 60-70 minutes a game and not beating my high scores. I don't even think i've finished all the modes at once in one game. It's a great, merciless, fun table. have you been able to get the carbonite multiball? i think that's the only mode I haven't finished. I've gotten to greedo, but couldn't kill him. I gotta stop talking about it or i'm going to start playing it again. :D

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
Eaton! Yeah, Strange is the best Zen table in my (still small) collection. I don't think I've got much of a high-scoring problem on it, tho. I have one 28 mil game and the rest are below 5. I don't know what I did to get the 28, but it was my second attempt; no doubt it was one of those beginner's luck deals that are so annoying. I thought I was a natural.

Bought Tesla last night, and it's alright but it's hard to see what's going on with all those wire ramps. Having trouble seeing where the ball is going unless I'm using the overhead view, which I don't don't do well with at all. Still like it, tho. Definitely worth a buck.

Yes I tend to think the best scoring strategy on Dr Strange is to hit tons of ramp combos and your score will improve. I basically attempt to hit as many as possible and my highest score on it was 68 million. I also own Tesla and bought it a long time ago when I only owned an iPod Touch and it was released as a new table. I hated it at first but went back to playing it later on an iPad and really enjoyed it. I like the vertical section of the table and imagine that is kind of like what Bonzai Run is like? No matter what I plan on buying all the Zen tables as they come out I find they are well worth the small price Zen asks for them.

oqvist

Nov 23, 2013
Got the old marvel tables on the sale but boy is spiderman and iron man tables annoying. So bad voice acting and bad game modes.

blade and wolverine may be decent time will tell but I don´t think they look that promising.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.