Crowdfunding campagne for Zaccaria Pinball

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Our plan is to start a campaign on one of European crowdfunding pages for Zaccaria Pinball. If you have any idea what rewards we should make, please don't hesitate.

We would like to develop this for the following platforms:
- Steam (Win/Linux/MAC)
- Android
- Playstation 4
- Xbox 360/One
- Cabinet compatible build with dual displays for limited number of copies.

jhamdotme

Apr 14, 2012
I'm not sure about what rewards would be best, but the cabinet mode is interesting. In addition, please also consider doing a VR mode. The Oculus Rift is coming soon, and this could be a cheaper and more immersive way to realistically play our pinball tables. This could be especially cool if there was some kind of pinball-shaped hardware peripheral that we could also play with.

As a reward, maybe donors could get early access to the tables, or to the cabinet (and VR?) modes. Early access like this would cost you nothing, and it would encourage people to donate. With the Pinball Arcade campaigns, you pay more for the privilege of pre-ordering, and you don't really get anything for your troubles. Yes, I understand that you're helping to fund something that wouldn't otherwise exist, but it might work better if you get limited exclusive access to something.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Our plan is to start a campaign on one of European crowdfunding pages for Zaccaria Pinball. If you have any idea what rewards we should make, please don't hesitate.

We would like to develop this for the following platforms:
- Steam (Win/Linux/MAC)
- Android
- Playstation 4
- Xbox 360/One
- Cabinet compatible build with dual displays for limited number of copies.

I guess it depends on how much you guys need, and what the highest priority platforms for you? I also don't know how much tables sell for individually.

I would suggest some of the following ideas:

[Soft Plunge]
Launch pack featuring xxx tables on one platform of your choice.

[Medium Plunge]
All of Soft Plunge plus season one pass on one platform of your choice.

[Hard Plunge]
All of Medium Plunge plus all season passes on one platform of your choice.

I would be inclined to back you guys for Android.

lio

Jul 24, 2013
I think the killer reward in the Pro Pinball Timeshock! kickstarter was "all Pro Pinball games that eventually get made on all platforms they eventually support" - THAT was a serious reward (even though in the worst case it could still only mean 1 table).
Also (again from the PP TS! Kickstarter) I like how they have exclusive behind-the-scenes dev diaries on a private section of the forum (even though that took a while to get going) and exclusive alpha and beta testing.
Personally I'm not that much into physical rewards for digital products - but maybe that's just me.

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
Steam (PC, Linux, Mac, cabinet support) and Android should be the primary objective. Consoles as stretch goal. If you ask too much will be hard to succeed.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Steam (PC, Linux, Mac, cabinet support) and Android should be the primary objective. Consoles as stretch goal. If you ask too much will be hard to succeed.

agreed. I'd also have a Zacc T-shirt reward Tier for fans that don't need your app on any new platforms.

Pinandy

Aug 30, 2012
I personally would love to see a DRM free physical copy of the game .
And of course a T-Shirt would also be nice.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
I would support Android first. I'm not sure if Zaccaria would sell well on consoles but that could be tested with crowdfunding.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
I would support Android first. I'm not sure if Zaccaria would sell well on consoles but that could be tested with crowdfunding.

I think they would sell well on consoles. Zen and TPA proved that. And as far as rewards, have a tier ($20 US) to preorder the game with 4-5 tables, a higher tier that would throw in a t-shirt and keychain, and a higher tier to be a beta tester.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I thought Android was in the pipeline and close to release?

Zsolt - please don't go down the grab grab grab route and pish off customers, AKA the Ade method.
Release Android and use those sales to build your system coverage.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
I think they would sell well on consoles. Zen and TPA proved that.
Zen is a video game with a pretty modern pinball approach. Zacc tables are a about 30 years old and don't have multiball (one exception). TPA will not make them because they won't sell.

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
Zacc tables are a about 30 years old and don't have multiball (one exception). TPA will not make them because they won't sell.

They won't sell for TPA prices, €4,49 per table. I agree that Zaccaria is a niche market, not for the Zen crowd. That's why I am a bit affraid about this Kickstarter idea. A goal should be in proportion. And do we really need a t-shirt/keychain? I would pledge because I support ASK. It would be the best if ASK could make the Android port, a very important step, and slowly work their way up without the need for this Kickstarter thing.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
They won't sell for TPA prices, €4,49 per table. I agree that Zaccaria is a niche market, not for the Zen crowd. That's why I am a bit affraid about this Kickstarter idea. A goal should be in proportion. And do we really need a t-shirt/keychain? I would pledge because I support ASK. It would be the best if ASK could make the Android port, a very important step, and slowly work their way up without the need for this Kickstarter thing.

Completely agree.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Despite being against this - I'm also struggling to imagine how a KS would actually work for this anyway with what I've read about the Zaccaria pricing model.

Normally with KS, most backers are effectively pre-ordering the product. (you get the odd backer who's happy to pay more, but I'm talking majority here).
From what I've read, Zaccaria sells individual items, but the majority of hardcore Pinball fans (who this will realistically appeal to) would want the 'Gold' package which gives access to all tables and options and costs around £30-40 quid.

Now I'll happily buy a gold membership for a product that is finished and instantly available to me upon purchase through the store I purchase from, but I definitely wouldn't back a KS to that high value, basically because there is no guarantee it ever will be finished and no obligation by Kickstarter that it ever should be. (pro Pinball KS flashbacks).

I doubt I'm unusual for thinking like this, especially for a company that hasn't previously supplied anything to us. For example - I'd back a Farsight KS because I know they deliver on product, versus Zaccaria which for Android we were told was close, but seems to now be being held hostage for free money.

KS donations are usually for small disposable amounts. I think few would back when they actually wish for the gold level package, but would be hesitant to hand it over through the Kickstarter model.

Zsolt - I really, really want to buy your product, and I hope it will make it to market. But I just see this as a way to pish off potential buyers.
Release Android to market - and use those sales to develop and release on steam Steam first, then maybe consider consoles (which I wouldn't see being profitable for you) next if desired.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.