Zen Pinball 2 - Pinball FX2 Classics

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
In the PS3 & PS4 versions of Zen Pinball 2, the Pinball FX2 Core Pack is coming - and it's better than ever!

The 4 critically acclaimed tables that originally came with PBFX2 - Secrets of the Deep, Biolab, Pasha, and Rome, are going to arrive on PS3 & PS4 very soon. They just added trophies for the tables in the trophy sections for ZP2. If you've played those 4 tables you will know how excited I am for this release! :)

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
It's also heading to the Vita.

Also, it appears that these tables will be heading to iOS and Android as well.

Last edited:

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
I have been chatting with (Mel Kirk) at "Zen Studios" and he told me all the old classics would be coming to IOS by the end of this year.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Bridging the inequality gap between Playstation and Xbox, nice! Xbox got the PS3 tables ages ago, so nice to see the opposite happening. I think there was probably a timed Microsoft contract kicking around that led to the delay.

Now the only tables left exclusive to Xbox are the original six Pinball FX tables... and who cares about those?

Ms Splosion Man, too. But PS3 has Ninja Gaiden so it evens out there.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Not for long! Mel has hinted this table will be available on all platforms soon.

Ah well... it's not a great table anyway. By far the most difficult table on the collection. Extreme comes close, I suppose.

I actually have a really high score on it. I have no idea how this actually happened, but some kind of wizard mode seemed to trigger only a minute or two into play. I don't know if it was a super secret or a glitch. But by pure fluke I am really high on the leaderboards for that table...

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I actually have a really high score on it. I have no idea how this actually happened, but some kind of wizard mode seemed to trigger only a minute or two into play. I don't know if it was a super secret or a glitch. But by pure fluke I am really high on the leaderboards for that table...
If you complete all 4 chapters, then you usually end up with 200 million points.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
If you complete all 4 chapters, then you usually end up with 200 million points.

I didn't though. Some very overpowered wizard mode triggered after literally a minute of aimlessly whacking the ball around.

So no PFX2 tables today? Maybe next week.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I didn't though. Some very overpowered wizard mode triggered after literally a minute of aimlessly whacking the ball around.
Ah! You most likely started up the combo multiball, which triggers after doing a four hit combo. In this multiball, hitting the lit ramps increases the jackpot value and you collect the jackpot (and end the multiball) by hitting the shop hole with one of the two balls.

So no PFX2 tables today? Maybe next week.
Just an FYI, the trophies are only appearing on Sony's trophy server. Some times Sony updates it 2 months in advance, especially during the holiday season. We may be in for a wait if that's the case.

A better hint would be the trophy patch, which usually launches a week before the actual release of the tables.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Ah! You most likely started up the combo multiball, which triggers after doing a four hit combo. In this multiball, hitting the lit ramps increases the jackpot value and you collect the jackpot (and end the multiball) by hitting the shop hole with one of the two balls.

I think I looked into that. Pretty sure it was more of a standard wizard mode - four balls, all shots lit for really high jackpots (something like 8 mil per shot? It was a while ago now, so pretty hazy memory). It is a huge mystery, I asked Zen (no comment), and no other players seem to know what it was. Either it's an incredible secret that is yet undiscovered, or the table glitched majorly and fed me the wizard mode for no reason. I think my final score was along the lines of 250 million, and it was around 25th on the leaderboards. Will double check the scores.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I think I looked into that. Pretty sure it was more of a standard wizard mode - four balls, all shots lit for really high jackpots (something like 8 mil per shot? It was a while ago now, so pretty hazy memory). It is a huge mystery, I asked Zen (no comment), and no other players seem to know what it was. Either it's an incredible secret that is yet undiscovered, or the table glitched majorly and fed me the wizard mode for no reason. I think my final score was along the lines of 250 million, and it was around 25th on the leaderboards. Will double check the scores.

It's the Alexei Multiball. It's a four ball multiball and the scoring is ridiculous, since you are awarded a jackpot for every bumper and slingshot you hit.

It's very hard to activate on the ZP2 version though, since it's nearly impossible to hit the Alexei Sink Hole to start it.

Activation is very simple though for ZP1. Just hit the orbits a few times to spell "Alexei" and then sink the ball into the Alexei hole.

Here's the PDF guide for the table.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
It's the Alexei Multiball. It's a four ball multiball and the scoring is ridiculous, since you are awarded a jackpot for every bumper and slingshot you hit.

It's very hard to activate on the ZP2 version though, since it's nearly impossible to hit the Alexei Sink Hole to start it.

Activation is very simple though for ZP1. Just hit the orbits a few times to spell "Alexei" and then sink the ball into the Alexei hole.

Here's the PDF guide for the table.

Yeah, the first place I looked was the PDF guide. It was possibly that, but I remember ruling it out when it happened. Too long ago now to remember clearly, but I think I looked up Youtube videos to compare and wasn't convinced.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
The PBFX2 core pack is indeed fun. Much more interesting than the Zen collection IMO. the only tables I like in the Zen collection was Tesla and El dorado.

PBFX2's pack I really like ROME, Pasha, And secrets of the deep. Bio lab is still better than V12 and Shaman IMO.

Now if they can do buccaneer and Agents and some of the other PBFX tables then that would be very very cool.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
The PBFX2 core pack is indeed fun. Much more interesting than the Zen collection IMO. the only tables I like in the Zen collection was Tesla and El dorado.

PBFX2's pack I really like ROME, Pasha, And secrets of the deep. Bio lab is still better than V12 and Shaman IMO.

Now if they can do buccaneer and Agents and some of the other PBFX tables then that would be very very cool.

I hate the original Pinball FX tables. Ridiculously tough shots, themes that don't make any sense whatsoever (why do I earn 44,444 points for upgrading a turbo?), and super unbalanced scoring (want to get a high score on Buccaneer? Just start Frenzy over and over). The Pinball FX 2 tables improved on the originals in so many ways that it's not even funny.

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
Enjoy guys! I hope we'll see Street Fighter II, Ms. Splosion Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and Plants vs Zombies for all platforms some day.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.