Complete reinstall all high scores and goals lost. How would you react?

Complete reinstall, all high scores, goals and rank gone. How would you react?

• Done. Time to make a complete break from the game.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Less interest. Keep playing but focus only on favorites.

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Increased interest. Must get back what what stolen from me!!

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Hooray! It's all new again! Every game is a high score!

Votes: 16 42.1%

• Total voters

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Today, I found TPA gone from my Kindle. Re-installed and of course all of my high scores, goals and rank are gone. How would you react? I have not voted, I still don't know how I feel. :confused: :( :mad: :eek: ...so ...many ...emotions. Must... not... destroy... Kindle...

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
How about....
Doesn't really bug me that much. I'll earn them back anyway. Has happened to me a couple times (none recently though). But I certainly didn't say hooray.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Now the initial frustration has passed, I am starting to enjoy seeing which tables I can sweep all 5 goals in my first game. You forget how many tables there are until you have to download each one of them again.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
There you go Rich. Be a glass half full kind of a guy. Easier the second time for sure. You can really tell how much you have improved as a player.

speed_stock

Sep 22, 2014
Had this happen to me recently, due to getting the YLOD during the marathon Kickstarter tourny. Not a problem, still 'fat pianos' to be had on eBay.

Trophies and the few decent Leader board scores I have are still intact, 'out there', but if they were bugged out, then I guess I would be somewhere between Option A and B, instead of :D

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Happened to me. Kinda on purpose though. I forgot why I did it. I was just fine until I got back to Ripley's and realized I'd have to "Start the Trip to Atlantis" once again. I haven't bothered to try.

whoozwah

Oct 30, 2014
I would not mind in the slightest bit. I'm not really a completionist so I'm not really driven to complete all the goals for a table. I like that they're there as they're like a roadmap for how a table works, what pays out big points etc. I also would not mind setting all new high scores.

PunkTiger

Apr 12, 2014
It's like going to the arcade and seeing your high scored on all the pinball machines you've played erased and replaced by the default scores. Roll up your sleeves and try again. Naturally, I'd be pi... upset, but perhaps this time I can get some better scores.

The only game I would be wailing and gnashing my teeth over would be Big Shot. I hate that board with every fibre of my being, and I would NOT be looking forward to going through the masochistic hell of trying to get all the goals on that board again.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
This would be a perfect time for everyone here to go into the options and manually back up your data both locally and remotely.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
It's turned out to be a lot of fun starting over. Oddly enough the one FunHouse standard goal that was giving me trouble (frenzy) I hit on my first game. It's also fun to see if I can get all the standards on my first game now that I know the games well. I may have to do it again in another 6 months.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I did this recently on my Vita, and I agree that it's actually a lot of fun to get them again, and much easier.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Getting those goals the second time around kinda depends on the mood you're in. Like, if it's a table you don't care for and your just slugging along hoping to get them, it's gonna take a lot longer. It should be more systematic than that. Focus on the hardest wizard goal, while being aware of the others is the way to go. It does get easier the second time around, but still takes fooorrreeevver. Go right down the line and get 2 or 3 wizard goals. Then move on to the next. Trying to get the easiest out of the way first. Hopefully that wasn't too obvious

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I'd be more frustrated about the goals than the scores, but the Steam achievements would still keep a record of them.

tyche

Oct 6, 2012
This happened on my iPad during season 2. Learned my lesson and started over logged into farsight because it happened again but I could restore my scores. I lost 2 1,000 hof tables and some goals I probably won't ever get again.

tizzomr

Feb 10, 2013
I believe for iOS you can back up the data not only locally, but remotely as well. Not so pleasant for PS3 , as installing the latest update, I lost everything, kind of frustrating, but I'm pretty sure your leaderboard data stays though, which is cool.

nstalkie

Jun 30, 2013
I installed it recently on my new ps3 and didn't bother switching over the savefile.
My highest scores are on the leaderboards anyway :)

(except those i made during the tournaments, but those ones don't get saved locally anyway)

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I believe for iOS you can back up the data not only locally, but remotely as well. Not so pleasant for PS3 , as installing the latest update, I lost everything, kind of frustrating, but I'm pretty sure your leaderboard data stays though, which is cool.

You can backup to PS3, but you need an external HDD. Worth it, in my opinion. My PS3 hasn't self-destructed yet, but when it does, I'll be ready.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.