TPA in Top Grossing Apps

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
According to the iPad charts, TPA on iOS is currently grossing more money than other popular apps such as Words With Friends, Cut The Rope, Jetpack Joyride, Real Racing 2, NOVA 3, Farm Story, Call of Duty Black Ops Zombies, Monopoly, Tetris for ipad, Wheel of Fortune, etc.

That's quite respectable and great to see. When TPA first came out, they were quite a bit higher up the list (so you have to figure they made quite a bit from the initial surge of sales on iOS), but even after a few months, they still appear to be grossing a very sizable amount of money from the App Store. Hopefully they can invest some of that into squashing more pre-release bugs. :)

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
That's great news. What charts are these incidentally?

Go to the App Store on your iPad, then click on Top Charts, then you'll see the Top Grossing iPad Apps at the bottom.

TPA is currently on page 19 at #112 overall...which is pretty high when you consider the sheer amount of apps available in the App Store.

The rankings are probably different on iPhone.

Last edited:

Sir_LANs-a-lot

Jun 1, 2012
Just downloaded this for my iTouch 4 - Looks lovely. The DMD is far improved from the existing 360 one, am I right in thinking that's made the transition to the 360 version in the next update?

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Mike said that 360 is the lead development platform so everything you see on others is implemented there. Not sure if its in the very next update though, as the DMD update came with the CV one iirc.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Very good to hear - especially in a software climate where eveything above a dollar is considered "WHAT A RIPOFF!!!!!!!" by 95% of the consumers, which is especially ironic if you consider how much money people spend on useless IAPs like Smurfberries or whatever.

Let's hope we will have many, many years of fantasic virtual pinball ahead of us :)

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Impressive i say just shows you what need there is for actual gameplay on ios:p

There are a ton of fantastic little games on iOS, but I know what you mean ;) I'm absolutely certain I have never had a better money-to-replayability ratio in my gaming life (well, if you don't count MAME roms...). I'm actually starting to get a bit overwhelmed with choice on TPA already - I wanna try out MB and Gorgar but I also just got into MM. Or Funhouse, or TOM... Having decades of refined, masterclass pinball on a device smaller than your average fashion magazine is quite stunning sometimes ;)

Oh, and it's even #64 in Germany! Quite a surprise since pinball hasn't been nearly as big here as it has been in the US - at least as far as I can tell (due to the lack of proper arcades). Very nice :)

EDIT: Reread the OP and realized that that's actually even higher up than in the US :O

...and #215 for iPhone. Makes sense, it's good on a small screen, but on the iPad it is REALLY well suited.

Last edited:

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
Mike said that 360 is the lead development platform so everything you see on others is implemented there. Not sure if its in the very next update though, as the DMD update came with the CV one iirc.

This is great news for me, as I am interested in the PC version for my cabinet, and they are pretty much the same thing (XNA).

I want to know more nerdy stuff like this! The videos on the Kickstarter page were awesome.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts