OSX Version 4.1.1

hootowls

Aug 20, 2013
I don't know if there will be a bug thread for this version so I'll post this here for now in the meantime.

The release is supposed to fix a bug preventing the purchase of Season 3 as well as updates for POTO - I haven't tried either.

I see the "slow down" as others have reported for previous versions. I'm playing on minimum graphics settings on a brand new i7 Mini.

I can't seem to scroll up through the table menu while in full screen mode - scroll down only.

I have four Season 1 tables missing from My Tables: BH, RBION, TOTAN and TOM. Restoring tables, updating tables and even trying to repurchase tables has no effect. I play as guest.

I had an up-to-date download but downloading owned tables while trying to fix the Season 1 issue mentioned above started a download of nine tables - that went to 12 tables before it finished.

So, aside from poor performance, I need to figure out how to get the missing Season 1 tables.

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
cool to finally play Dracula

my scroll works up and down
I don't have the slow down problem (27" iMac i7), but didn't before hand. From what I've gathered thus far, it's been people with Retinas?

I lost the same four Season 1 tables as well - the stinkin $9.99 4 table set that we Mac App Store users had to buy twice when we bought PA
they are in the Season 1 folder, but completely unplayable (no demo)

bog

Oct 21, 2014
I don't know if there will be a bug thread for this version so I'll post this here for now in the meantime.

The release is supposed to fix a bug preventing the purchase of Season 3 as well as updates for POTO - I haven't tried either.

I see the "slow down" as others have reported for previous versions. I'm playing on minimum graphics settings on a brand new i7 Mini.

I can't seem to scroll up through the table menu while in full screen mode - scroll down only.

I have four Season 1 tables missing from My Tables: BH, RBION, TOTAN and TOM. Restoring tables, updating tables and even trying to repurchase tables has no effect. I play as guest.

I had an up-to-date download but downloading owned tables while trying to fix the Season 1 issue mentioned above started a download of nine tables - that went to 12 tables before it finished.

So, aside from poor performance, I need to figure out how to get the missing Season 1 tables.

I'm having the exact same problem. Can't scroll up, and missing the same tables.

hootowls

Aug 20, 2013
I've sent a request for help to support on the same day so hopefully I'll hear something soon.

Also found that my "slow down" seems to go away by selecting the 30 fps option to ON.

etchie

Sep 4, 2014
I had the slow down problem but for some reason it completely went away when I restarted my Mac. My problem is those missing tables. They're the same tables for me and I can't do any of the challenges without them.

wizard33

Jul 31, 2014
about the scroll up problem, sometimes you would go back and forth and then it works again. But the bug is present.

Also, I wish FS will add one day the keyboard buttons for NUDGING !!

bog

Oct 21, 2014
I've sent a request for help to support on the same day so hopefully I'll hear something soon.

Also found that my "slow down" seems to go away by selecting the 30 fps option to ON.

I also sent them a message via Facebook. Please post to this thread when you get feedback from them. I'm interested to hear what they are telling you.

hootowls

Aug 20, 2013
Got a reply from Support today regarding the missing tables from Season 1:

"Very sorry about that! One fix seems to have caused another problem... we're looking into it."

Shoot Again

Aug 26, 2012
Slow-down problem didn't go away for me with clean install of Yosemite. Havn't played Pinball Arcade properly for a year. Kind of miss it.

hootowls

Aug 20, 2013
Slow-down problem didn't go away for me with clean install of Yosemite. Havn't played Pinball Arcade properly for a year. Kind of miss it.

Do you see any difference if you turn on the fix to 30 FPS second option? That seems to have changed it from unplayable to adequate on my machine. So far...

hootowls

Aug 20, 2013
Nope not there...

BSD is the last table from Season 3.

dracula.jpg

hootowls

Aug 20, 2013
I've got no inside info but, based on past releases, we should be no more than three to four days away from the next "fix" (i.e., 4.1.2, the return of the missing tables) in the App Store. Anything much beyond that means FS didn't get the 4.1.1 problem solved quickly. It's still frustrating that this kind of basic flaw can get through whatever QA they have as well as the App Store review process...

Sinitro

Jul 26, 2012
I've got no inside info but, based on past releases, we should be no more than three to four days away from the next "fix" (i.e., 4.1.2, the return of the missing tables) in the App Store. Anything much beyond that means FS didn't get the 4.1.1 problem solved quickly. It's still frustrating that this kind of basic flaw can get through whatever QA they have as well as the App Store review process...

Not much to say..
We 1st reported this bug 30 days ago and still not resolved..
Either FS is not able to reproduce it or too busy on other tasks, I still have no Dracula..
Their tables are entertaining but to go this long is very disappointing..

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
Are you sure you have 4.1.1 installed? (Oct 30)
4.1.0 was still missing Dracula (as well as the rest of season 3 too)
Dracula finally made it's appearance in 4.1.1
4.2.0 should be release later today (knock, knock)

It also takes a week or more to submit an update to Apple App Store
So getting a new version with a new table every month and a bug fix update in between isn't too terrible.
Can't really expect more frequent updates, they only have a week of feedback from us whiners before they submit the next update.

hootowls

Aug 20, 2013
Not much to say..
We 1st reported this bug 30 days ago and still not resolved..
Either FS is not able to reproduce it or too busy on other tasks, I still have no Dracula..
Their tables are entertaining but to go this long is very disappointing..

Just to keep the mistakes clear: a month ago was the release with the bug that caused the missing Season 3 tables for some people; the fix for that about two weeks later introduced the bug that made the four "core" tables go missing. We should be on track to receive an imminent release of the next fix but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Sinitro

Jul 26, 2012
We have been purchasing the Pinball Arcade tables from day 1, but since we downloaded Phantom of the Opera we have had a string of bugs, some more serious than others including total system lockup. We have posted multiple comments but still NO SOLUTION and/or RESPONSE from Far Sight. It has been 30 days and I have no more patience, I am deleting ALL Pinball Arcade tables. It appears Far Sight is more concerned with other more lucrative platforms than the Mac, I hope sometime in the future Far Sight faces reality and provides adequate support to their paying customers. I am through with Far Sight.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.