Bugs & Inaccuracies that are not table related

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Some bugs and flaws are not related to single tables but rather to the whole collection or just the app. You may post them here:

I will start with 4:
1. When the first ball has a zero score you will get another first ball on the real table. Not in the ASK version.
2. Graphic settings don't last long. When I set the glass to OFF (that's what I want) then it's just a question of time until I see that scratches on my iPad again. Light settings always change to the dark side (inside and outside light) after some games. It's interesting that Age of Pinball (the other older pinball game) has darkness and glass as unchangeable defaults.
3. Bonus time starts right after the last ball - before plunging. Correcting this would make the game harder, though. Voiceover (on some tables) before the 3rd ball says "Last ball! Be ready (to play) for the game time bonus!"
4. There's no working skill shot, only pull and release and no hold. Scripting interferes with the player's intentions.

Last edited:

haj

Sep 28, 2012
I really hope they'll implement reset sound. I mean, after a ball drain, usually drop targets and all reset and sound of them are missing. Zaccaria Pinball's mechanical sounds generally is very nice, oh ball reset sound is really good, how can you forget about drop targets resetting ;) Since we already have many tables it may be a lot of work but could you please implement it! :D

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I really hope they'll implement reset sound. I mean, after a ball drain, usually drop targets and all reset and sound of them are missing. Zaccaria Pinball's mechanical sounds generally is very nice, oh ball reset sound is really good, how can you forget about drop targets resetting ;) Since we already have many tables it may be a lot of work but could you please implement it! :D

+1

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014

+2 :)

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014

+ 3

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
2. Graphic settings don't last long. When I set the glass to OFF (that's what I want) then it's just a question of time until I see that scratches on my iPad again. Light settings always change to the dark side (inside and outside light) after some games.

Good that you mention this cause most of the time i start the app and select a table, i find myself fiddling with colours and lightning settings before playing, because it seems the settings have changed abit sinds the last time i set them to my personal taste

Last edited:

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Something i find non realistic on all tables is that the whole table shakes from left to right, right after the ball inserts into the plunger area.

To me its clear enough that the ball is ready for launch when the camera points at the plunger area.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Something i find non realistic on all tables is that the whole table shakes from left to right, right after the ball inserts into the plunger area.

To me its clear enough that the ball is ready for launch when the camera points at the plunger area.

I like it. I took it as artistic license. Almost like you're cocking a gun.

74-89

May 2, 2014
I like it too, although I don't really know why. As far as other artistic concerns, shouldn't "Used Table" also affect cabinet, backbox and backglass? I like the setting, I think it's brilliant, but as it stands you get a thrashed playfield in a pristine cabinet and it spoils the illusion to some degree.

The art on these tables is incredible. Maybe soon we can play a table like you might have just dug out of a snowbank.

The sounds, particularly the mechanicals, are super tasty. I don't think ASK is using the actual roms, I think it's all done with scripting and samples, since there are some differences in music and speech as well as the start of game time bonus, etc. I take all of it as artistic license.

74-89

May 2, 2014
Artistic license aside, I think the single most important physics issue is plunger force, including kickout lanes and all instances of auto-plunge. Flippers could probably use a slight toning down, and/or the ball could be a slight bit heavier, but the plunging and kicking really should get some attention. This issue affects certain tables more than others, and I can't catalog all of the problems here, but just a few examples:

TIME MACHINE even with the newer physics, anything less than a full plunge won't even reach the playfield. I'm used to it, but why?
HOT WHEELS with full plunge ball reaches 8 or 9 o'clock on the loop and then rolls back down, an improvement over the previous but still not good enough. We should be aiming skillshots at the top of the loop and a full plunge should easily take it past 12 o'clock and around the loop.
STAR GOD and STAR'S PHOENIX are two other games where a full plunge should see the ball crossing the playfield and looping up and over the top.
POOL CHAMPION was mentioned for the disastrous results of its faulty kickout lane and I agree completely.

They are all fun to play now, and STAR GOD in particular has moved way up into my top five list lately, but it would be much more fun to play these games if they could be started properly.

Increasing plunger force should be made a priority I think. It would create more room for skillshots, and auto-plunge and kickouts could be much more effective.

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
I would like to see the Call Attendent function reworked so that it does not penalize the player by losing the current ball. These tables are brutal and unforgiving enough to not have the need to punish the player further because of a gameplay bug. Ideally, when using Call Attendent I would like to see the ball placed back into the launcher without losing any bonus/progress already earned.
That said, I'm really enjoying Zaccaria Pinball! I had never heard of this until last week, so I'm having a blast playing all of these new (to me) tables. I also love TPA, but I'm really digging the old school SS tables. I would love to see A.S.K. Homework or TPA do a series of EM tables.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
On the real tables with bonus time drop targets do not reset after last ball in play. That makes it easier to use short bonus times.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.