Gonna get a PS4... should I Get TPA?

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
Hi guys.
So I Got tpa on android and pc...
I'm getting a ps4 by the end of the month and I wonder how it holds up against the pc?
graphics, gameplay and all?

It's really good on pc but playing on a 55inch screen kind of turns me on ^^
And as I Read it has dynamic lighting wich is not on pc... yet...

So? Any though?

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I think you can still download and play Tales of the Arabian Nights for free from the PS store on PS4, so you'll be able to judge pretty well for yourself once you get the machine!

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
Cool, I was not aware that this table also free on ps4.
is it also possible to try all tables for a limited score???

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
As someone that owns every table on PS4 I'd say no. Wait to see if they ever actually fix their damn game before you invest any cash into it (again).
At least go check out the massive bug list PinWiz has posted before you even think of getting it.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
As long as you aren't fussy about sound quality and don't mind waiting forever for a fix.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Yes, by all means go for it.

In case you are wondering, there are a few minor differences between the other versions of TPA. The sound quality is very fuzzy, there aren't any season 2 tables, and the latest table in the game is Junkyard... but it is still a great game nevertheless.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Well it's a mix bag of reactions ^^
and the bug list is pretty "nice"...

Yeah, like that one PiN WiZ has been diligently compiling. Despite his noble efforts, I can very much see that list being ignored, just like FarSight has been ignoring its' own PS4 version of TPA for nearly a year since its' release.

I take that back. Recently a FarSight employee named Stephen Snow started a post in the PS4 forums in which his primary concern for that version was..............the potential inabilty for users to buy season 3 tables. Maybe he meant season 2 LOL!

Last edited:

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
Well...
I don't know what is worse... the bug list or the delay of the table release / lack of season 2...

And I don't even mention the future Addams Family table...

I'll give TPA a try on PS4, I watched a few videos on youtube, the lighting looks really good... But I hope Farsight will work better on the PS4 version!

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
You can try every table for a limited time on the PS4. Just like on the PC Version.
I don't think you have to download a demo for every table. On my PS4 I can test all tables that are currently available on PS4
and I don't remember downloading them separately.

Last edited:

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
Speaking as a PS4 and PC owner, I'd say no. Farsight's PS4 support is abysmal. Bugs from a year ago have yet to be fixed, table releases are few and far between. Stick to the PC, especially if you've already sunk money into it. It isn't worth rebuying the tables again. Hopefully by this time next year the PC version will have the same lighting that the PS4 has now.

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
Speaking as a PS4 and PC owner, I'd say no. Farsight's PS4 support is abysmal. Bugs from a year ago have yet to be fixed, table releases are few and far between. Stick to the PC, especially if you've already sunk money into it. It isn't worth rebuying the tables again. Hopefully by this time next year the PC version will have the same lighting that the PS4 has now.

+1. If it was your only platform of choice and you have a LOT of patience, I'd say sure, go for it. But since you own it on PC and Android, you may be annoyed with the lack of tables and updates. Farsight does not deserve your money to double or triple dip for the PS 4 version due to their extreme lackluster support of this product.

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014
The PS4 version looks great. I've gotten a lot of time to work with it recently (hint,hint), and I really am thrilled with the lighting. But that all depends on your visual taste. I would at least recommend giving it a try.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.